2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New here...thinking on getting a fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM
New here...thinking on getting a fit

20 yo female here thinking about getting a Fit for my first real car. My 98 honda accord broke down on me. I really like the car, but have a couple of questions..

I want the sport with the navi, but was curious what most of you guys paid out the door for yours?

Im torn between the black, metallic blue, and the orange. I want to mod the car to fit my taste. Possibly teal rims, what color would you guys recommend on colors?

Lastly...speed! How can I make this guy a little quicker. Ive been riding around in a modded e93 m3 for awhile, so I am addicted to speed. Advice.

Thanks guys for helping a new girl in the tuner world.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by fitfreakinHB
20 yo female here thinking about getting a Fit for my first real car. My 98 honda accord broke down on me. I really like the car, but have a couple of questions..

I want the sport with the navi, but was curious what most of you guys paid out the door for yours?
Check the prices paid thread, but I paid 19179 to the dealer + 1100 to the state at the beginning of July.

Im torn between the black, metallic blue, and the orange. I want to mod the car to fit my taste. Possibly teal rims, what color would you guys recommend on colors?
I went with Orange. I've also worn white socks with sandals, so don't trust my advice.

Lastly...speed! How can I make this guy a little quicker. Ive been riding around in a modded e93 m3 for awhile, so I am addicted to speed. Advice.

Thanks guys for helping a new girl in the tuner world.
There's really not a lot you can do to mod the powertrain of the GE.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
auto or 5spd? you know that 5spd manual do not come with navi anymore. with that said, navi are nice, but i don't think they are worth the $$ in my opinion. My 2009 Sport 5spd was $16,800 OUT THE DOOR, no navi.

As for color, get the black. if you want teal rims, orange car will make the car look like something from an elementary kid's coloring book...metallic blue will look too a like with your rims. Black brings it out and if you decide to go different route, black is pretty good color to match a variety of rim colors

Speed: don't buy a fit.

Last edited by Fitcious; 08-25-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:02 AM
x2 Want speed? dont get a Fit.

I paid $15,500 for my Crystal Black Pearl Fit Sport M/T.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Have you driven a manual transmission car yet? There is a very big difference... pairing a small econo 4 banger to an automatic does nothing for it's driveability. The Fit hums along great with a manual though.

You won't get navi in a manual car.. but you can add a much better system for the $3000+ in savings.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going to agree with the navi advice here. At this point, (if you can wait for the 2011 models), pick up a 2011 sport as they come with VSA standard (with or without navi). The Navi in the Honda is ok but not great and like every factory NAVI, will become outdated real quickly. you can save yourself allot of money by going aftermarket. The major incentive for factory navi was the VSA but now that 2011 comes standard on the sport, it's even less of an incentive to go Navi. Many of the $300 windshield mount Navi's are MUCH better and also come with bluetooth (which the FIT does not have standard) If you go with an in-dash solution, you can get even more features such as MUCH better iPod integration and all for less $$.

As I stated before, if you can wait for the 2011's, I'd wait unless you are going to get a Killer Deal.

oh... also, the Navi is Auto only as others stated and updated maps cost... not usually cheap - and are often outdated when you get the device. Kind of a bummer.

~SB

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
My advise different car for sure. Ur young and want speed the Fit is not ur car. I suggest a WRX,EVO if u want a 2 door S2000. These are all quick cars stock. I use to spank BMWs all the time in my Evo. And if u start modding any of the above except the s2k u will have mass power for cheap. I would say if ur looking for a reliable dd that has room and is cheap to keep but slow fun to have the fit is for you. You want speed and have money to play get one of the cars stated above.

Last edited by 08fithappy; 08-25-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
I would advise getting a sport without navi. It's a lot of extra money for an inferior navi. You'll be happy you kept the money in your pocket. I would also advise you buy the car and just drive it. Don't throw away precious money at your age on pimping the car. Surely there are better things to do with that money than wasting it on that. Get yourself a sport non-navi in your favorite color and just drive. Stock, the car is a bunch of fun. This is what I would recommend for my 19 year old daughter, and it's the same for you. Good for you that you're choosing wisely with a Fit. The bigger thing at 20 years old is keeping out of harms way on the road- and not causing the harm. Have fun, but you're still learning too. Oh man, I AM a dad! Sorry!

Dan

Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I would advise getting a sport without navi. It's a lot of extra money for an inferior navi. You'll be happy you kept the money in your pocket. I would also advise you buy the car and just drive it. Don't throw away precious money at your age on pimping the car. Surely there are better things to do with that money than wasting it on that. Get yourself a sport non-navi in your favorite color and just drive. Stock, the car is a bunch of fun. This is what I would recommend for my 19 year old daughter, and it's the same for you. Good for you that you're choosing wisely with a Fit. The bigger thing at 20 years old is keeping out of harms way on the road- and not causing the harm. Have fun, but you're still learning too. Oh man, I AM a dad! Sorry!

Dan
+1

I'll also recommend getting a manual, and learning to drive it. The car will "feel" much faster and snappier with the manual-certainly a lot more fun to drive. Besides, boys like girls who can drive a "stick".

Old 08-27-2010, 01:39 AM
For speed, I would suggest staying with the E93 M3.