2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
2009 Fit Armrest

There are a few forums about the add-on armrest for the '09 Fit, but I didn't see one concerning what I am looking for.

I have the base Fit with manual transmission, and was pretty disappointed that there is no place to put my right arm when I'm not shifting. And the OEM add on armrest is designed for automatics only (at least that's what it says on Honda's website, though seems like it'll work fine for m/t as well).

So I'm a little reluctant to get the center console; it's bulky looking and ultimately not the barebones armrest I'm ideally looking for.

SO, then the question I have is.... does anyone know if it's possible to buy the fold down armrest that comes standard in the Sport? I'd imagine the mounts for it are still present under the fabric in the base model (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi,

The OEM center console is really nice and works perfectly with a manual (i'm in a 09 Fit sport m/t). Its adjustable so if you need you can slide it back.

The armrest that comes stock on the Sport will not fit the base seats. The base seats are a little different and dont have the anchor for the armrest. The stock armrest is not very comfortable anyway and I would highly recommend getting the center console. Its a bit pricey but well made and super comfy.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by jcuecker
Hi,

The OEM center console is really nice and works perfectly with a manual (i'm in a 09 Fit sport m/t). Its adjustable so if you need you can slide it back.

The armrest that comes stock on the Sport will not fit the base seats. The base seats are a little different and dont have the anchor for the armrest. The stock armrest is not very comfortable anyway and I would highly recommend getting the center console. Its a bit pricey but well made and super comfy.
+1 on everything said above. Went down the same road trying to get a fold-up armrest but not able to install it due to lack of anchor point. Finally gave up and spent the $330 (NZ$450) on the centre console and even at our horribly inflated prices 100% happy with it. Installs in less than an hour following the college hills video.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info, it's good to hear from people who've been through it.

Appreciated.