2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Custom side mirrors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
They look damn GOOD. Great job again makita in coming up with these on your own and to JDP for taking it and turning it into some carbon tastiness.
ditto

1ochar

Old 10-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
JDP has come through once again....with some quality shite. Some teaser pics of the *near* final product:

Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
wow we're pushing through alot of items in a short amount of time...this is craziness on the highest level!

GB how much??????

Old 10-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
wow we're pushing through alot of items in a short amount of time...this is craziness on the highest level!

GB how much??????
I think it's about time to call that show "INTERVENTION"...

...NOT!!!

gimme... gimmeeee

Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
and you saw what john said about the canards right?!?!?!? He said it would be easy!!!! LETS GO!

Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the feedback and criticism. This is definitely a labor of love...JDP did an amazing job.

I will not comment on price here (for the previously stated reasons), but we have worked hard to bring these in at the absolute lowest price. I think most will be pleased with the price (some will always complain no matter the price...).

Regarding the width of the mirrors...the goal was to preserve the maximum angle of view while creating a profile that is more pleasing to the eye. Vertical view was reduced (do you really need to watch the lady in SUV behind you picking her nose?) and horizontal view was maximized (I'm sure you'll agree it's more important to see the car in the adjacent lane).

The overall dimensions in real life actually look balanced. The pictures make them look really thin and wide...but in actuality, they have a nice depth (front to rear) that makes them look more full than long. I just can't get over how nicely they turned out.

And I agree...we really have gotten alot of new products produced in a short period of time. Big up to all of our vendors and we need to keep supporting them

Old 10-07-2010, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
This type of stuff makes me feel proud to be part of the Fit community. I'll probably get these the same time with the hood. Since I wanna get the hood last Hope this works out John! I'd rep you all but I needa spread around lol

Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I've never been involved in a car community where we just made up our own aftermarket parts....crazy.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 PM
no more crying "no aftermarket parts for the ge"

don't look at me... I'm just going along...

Old 10-07-2010, 09:50 PM
^LOL

I forgot to comment on the mounting...THESE WILL BE A DIRECT BOLT-ON USING THE OEM MIRROR MOUNTS.

The mirrors can be attached the same way that people are using to swap the JDM side-blinker mirrors...remove the power cable from the main relay harness under the dashboard. Simply unplug the old mirror and mount these to the OEM door mount.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 PM
DSC
Impressed with the work. Great job gents.

Now for a lip for the Base Fit! BASE FITS UNITE!!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
All I can say is: amazing

Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Another slight alteration to these in the future maybe...

3 small LED's for turn signal, so I could actually use them for inspection and not need to swap out. Already have to do too much when it comes time for inspection.

For reference and I don't want to bring Spoon back into this, but their CR-Z has their mirrors with small LEDs molded in it looks like to take care of the mandatory side blinker. Just a thought. I would give up my heated and power folding side mirrors for sure if I could still retain the turn signals.

ONEGAISHIMASU John...

Just looking at the pics again and if I was a piece of glass I would love to get inside these. Yeah I would try my best to pro-create with these side mirrors if I was a piece of glass.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Another slight alteration to these in the future maybe...

3 small LED's for turn signal, so I could actually use them for inspection and not need to swap out. Already have to do too much when it comes time for inspection.

Hmmm.........

Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
I think that's a good idea with the LED turn signal...anyway to incorporate that part in the fabulous piece?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
JDP has come through once again....with some quality shite. Some teaser pics of the *near* final product:

wow I really did not need to see this right now...

Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Mirrors finally came in the mail!!!! I'll mount them up tomorrow and take some pics...I wish the replacement hood would come in already so I could get a shot of both.

Regarding LED indicators...this is certainly doable. I've spoken with JDP about incorporating them into the lower edge of the mirror. The most feasible way to do this would be to provide the LEDs and wiring and leave it to the end user to wire the LEDs to the turn signals...this will be easier for the JDM crowd since they have the wires already running to the mirror.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Nice mirrors! Good work!

This is totally off topic, but I saw in one of the photos of your car that under the front bumper there is a sort of black rubber spoiler. My car does not have that. Do you know how is that part called and where can I buy it?. Thank you!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Honda Fit Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Unfortunately, the part does not have an accompanying part #. You can keep searching different online Honda parts suppliers and see if you can find the part.

I also recently bought some winglets for the front bumper...I'll update my picture thread this weekend.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Honda Fit Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Unfortunately, the part does not have an accompanying part #. You can keep searching different online Honda parts suppliers and see if you can find the part.

I also recently bought some winglets for the front bumper...I'll update my picture thread this weekend.
Thank you, but what is the name of the part: winglets? lip?

Quick Reply: Custom side mirrors...