2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

that was fun... got washed, then it rained.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
that was fun... got washed, then it rained.

So, after work, I decided to get some gas since I didn't think I'd have enough for another day of deliveries.

While I was at the station, I decided to get a wash from the touchless auto car wash. This, because of the time (10:30 pm) meant I couldn't see how nice and clean the car was.

Now (a few hours later), I'm sitting in my room, listening to it rain outside. Actually, I'm listening to the thunder. Maybe it's dry thunder!!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 AM
lol it's not as bad as my cousin. he decided to wash his car 'cause it was pretty clear and sunny. then as he was finishing up on the last section of his car... it started raining.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
happens to me also

Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Happened to me to, but I can top it. So I had just gotten my new Mugen wheels, and I decided to clean my car. So i cleaned it really good and had it spotless. I finished at like 9:30 am. By 3pm it was raining pretty hard. But it gets worse, the next day I was driving to my girlfriends house and the long stretch of road I have to take to her house is under construction so there is dirt on the road and on the sides (yes I forgot about the dirt there). Combine that with rain and you get mud. Combine that with cars in front of me and you get light mud sprayed all over my car, and mud on my tires. Needless to say by the time I got home that night my car was filthy, more filthy than it was BEFORE i washed it.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, for me, after a week of city driving, you get quite a bit of contaminants stuck on it, and sometime washing alone won't cut it. I use Meguiars detailer spray, and that stuff is awesome for quick cleanups, and the liquid lifts off even the toughest contaminants (if you don't allow it to be "baked" on for too long). I keep a bottle of that in the car all the time.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, I need to be more vigilant about letting things get baked on.

during the day, before the wash, I finally decided to try to remove this spot of bird shit (top of the roof)... that thing was definitely baked in. I was scrubbing it with a towel and using the windshield wiper spray to provide the towel with some dampness.

Probably have some scratch marks on that spot now.

As for it picking up stuff... they're doing construction on the main road where I work... a road I have to use for every delivery (at least have to cross it). They just carved it out last week and haven't started the oiling process, so there's a lot of dust and debris that gets kicked up when people drive on it.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:30 PM
uh ive had this happen to me quite afew times. i havent washed my car in over a week. and i want to clean it so bad, it just hurts me inside seeing it all dirty, but its just been raining and raining over here =(

Old 08-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by esamson7
lol it's not as bad as my cousin. he decided to wash his car 'cause it was pretty clear and sunny. then as he was finishing up on the last section of his car... it started raining.
I have had that exact thing happen to me too. Forecast did not say anything about rain haha!

Old 08-01-2010, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
This happens to me a lot, but I have a new theory. If I don't watch the weather, and it starts clouding up a bit, I think it's a great time to wash the car because it isn't so hot out. Then it rains, of course.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
We had our monthly Cruise In at Quaker Steak last night and it was cloudy all day with only a 40 % chance of rain. I checked out doppler and nothing very close to our area. I cleaned up the car, detailed the interior and went to the Cruise In to meet up with my friends. Rod brought his white 2005 JDM Honda Accord, Jim brought his black Nissan 350 Z, his girl friend brought her Infinite G35 which is also black. There were several Camaro's, hot rods and trucks but not as many as normally there are. We all get to register for a Vette being given away in a drawing in September. It got really cloudy, started drizzling and then full blown rain storm. We closed up the car and got in Rods' Accord and hung out a little longer before we called it a day and drove home in our now dirty cars. Ugh!

Cat :x