2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

where do you keep the friggin change!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 PM
also, i realized the pictures of the coin holder from squawking always seems to have the coins packed in... does it not do well only holding one coin, or just a few? if it doesnt... i'm thinking this will not work.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
kinda rattles it only one coin or so

Old 07-31-2010, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Change? What is this... Change... you speak of. Is it similar to Debt? because that I know about.

Married w/ 4yr old, 2 student loans, 2 car loans.... etc...

Hmmm Change... Hello wikipedia.

~SB

Old 07-31-2010, 08:33 PM
i'm fine with kinda rattling. i'm just not ok with things falling out all over the place

Old 07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
I just toss my change in the passenger cup holder by the air vent and when it's full they go in on my cow coin banks at home

Old 08-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Where do you keep the friggin change

I've had for years a small change holder which will hold nickels, dimes, quarters. Cost a buck or two. It holds quite a bit of change. I keep the holder in the driver side cup holder (?) next to the end of the dashboard. Fits perfectly.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by MTEX
I've had for years a small change holder which will hold nickels, dimes, quarters. Cost a buck or two.
If I were to start saving all loose change that makes it into my Fit, I might have saved up enough to buy a change holder before I sell the car.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Change? in my pants pocket, of course.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Here's where I keep my change... I also bought them from Squawking.

You could also get the JDM Honda center console which has this

JDM Center console front lower cover, P/N 83403-TFO-003ZA
JDM Center console front coin holder, P/N 83404-TFO-003ZA

It's a change holder, storage compartment/bin pocket.
where would you order this JDM part from?.. how much does it cost roughly?

I'm really just interested in 83403-TFO-003ZA the bottom part.

Last edited by LeafEater; 08-05-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder if this will fit in the Honda Fit OEM centre console arm rest. There is a similar one in my Ridgeline's centre console arm rest, but it only holds three types of coins. I'm guessing the large one in the pic is for the US 50¢ piece. Does anyone know if the US 50¢ piece is close enough in size to the Canadian Loonie?

BTW, this coin holder is a Genuine Honda Accessory for the Honda Pilot.

Edit: just did a search for US coins and found out the Canadian Loonie is the same diameter as the US dollar coin. I'm hoping the large one is for the dollar and not for the US 50 cent piece, which is larger. If it doesn't work out, I can upgrade the coin holder in the Ridgeline, LOL. It's like 7 or 8 dollars from College Hills.

Last edited by mugen666; 08-06-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Question Help me understand

Wow - all this coinage talk and I thought small change was a thing of the past.

I'm seriously curious to know what's the need to have coins in a car. Is it just a need to organize loose change that's somehow laying around or are you really spending that loot??

Hep K_C_

Old 08-06-2010, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Cool for a change

i keep my change in the storage compartment of the optional OEM armrest. it rattles though. =(

just my 2 cents.
ZING!

Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal

I'm seriously curious to know what's the need to have coins in a car. Is it just a need to organize loose change that's somehow laying around or are you really spending that loot??

Hep K_C_
Here in Canada, we have a two dollar coin, as well as, a dollar coin. I use the spare change whenever I'm at a McDonald's or a Wendy's drive thru. I hate digging into my pockets. That coin holder would be ideal.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Visible loose change = Crackhead bait

I had a co-worker whose car window was smashed 3 times outside her condo and the only thing taken was the change that she left in open an ashtray.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by mugen666
Here in Canada, we have a two dollar coin, as well as, a dollar coin. I use the spare change whenever I'm at a McDonald's or a Wendy's drive thru. I hate digging into my pockets. That coin holder would be ideal.
Well I'm not going to comment on fast food drive thru's but those big coins sure ain't small change; but it seems they would be a whole lot easier to fetch from a pocket than a handful of quarters. Down here we seem to not like large denomination coins, at least not since the turn of the century - and then when we do try they turn out to small and too ugly.

I like the Canadian coinage and paper bills as well. And ours are just about at par value now.

I still say plastic and ezze-pass is all you need, all my pocket got holes in 'em.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member

Hep K_C_
Well I'm not going to comment on fast food drive thru's but those big coins sure ain't small change; but it seems they would be a whole lot easier to fetch from a pocket than a handful of quarters. Down here we seem to not like large denomination coins, at least not since the turn of the century - and then when we do try they turn out to small and too ugly.

I like the Canadian coinage and paper bills as well. And ours are just about at par value now.

I still say plastic and ezze-pass is all you need, all my pocket got holes in 'em.
KC these kids and their junk food they need change for.

OP do not be so lazy and just empty your pockets every night. Why have coins loose or in a holder in a car unless you have need to use small change daily?

I refuse to pay using my $1 or $2 dollar coins. I rolled them and deposited $400 a few weeks ago. That was less than a year. I have a seperate dish for the other small stuff and roll them as well. I also refuse to piss away money on coffee at Tim Hortons.

Being an Older Fitter I have no limit debit transactions on my chequing account so just about everything is paid that way.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Hang one of these on the switch panel, eh?

A true classic_
only $38

Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I have a set amount of change ($5 in only quarters) in my car. I don't use it for fast food, it's sole purposes for existing are paid street parking spots and toll roads. I do have plastic and the ipass for the toll road, but the coins are just in case I'm in a spot that doesn't take either. Or string of spots, hence so many quarters.

But for the most part, the quarters just sit there build up with some weird layer of something (mineral? mold?).

Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
To me, change in view in a car just screams "steal me" to some crack fiend.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I also refuse to piss away money on coffee at Tim Hortons.
No one should be subjected to Timmy Ho's coffee. Worst coffee this side of the Atlantic. Piss sums it up.

Their doughnuts are OK.

I thought I was the only Canuck that hated TH coffeee.

Quick Reply: where do you keep the friggin change!?