2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen

So around last week I woke up to a sight no fit owner should ever have to see....

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 2931
Size:  55.6 KB

Yup....some idiot decided to steal my wheels and tires. Stock ones. They even stole the lug nuts.

So we called the dealership and asked how much it would cost to get new wheels, tires, lug nuts, tpms sensors, labor, etc. The estimate: $3200. I considered buying a pair of Work Emotion wheels and buying some good tires as I would save lots of $$$$$, but because my car was blocking our other car, we needed it moved, and it would have cost more money to have it towed, buying cheap wheels so it can be loaded up, having everything overnighted, installed, buying the tpms sensors and making sure they work and everything I took a different route. I called the dealership and asked them about the Mugen wheels. Just to overnight the wheels and tires was an additional $500. But luckily since we know the owner we got a great deal. They brought some cheap wheels loaded it up on the tow truck took it to the dealer and after 2 days of waiting I got my car back. I got the 205/50/R16 tires with the Mugen XJ 16" Rims. And the cost? $3200. Luckily insurance said all we had to pay was $500. Now I know alot of people are going to comment and say that quote was too high and I should have gone aftermarket and saved $$$$$. Yes I know, believe me I would have loved to see my fit sitting on some Work Emotion wheels, but because of the situation and the fact we needed it done as quickly as possible I got the Mugen rims. Take a look:

Name:  IMG_6226.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  143.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6242.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6254.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6239.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  102.8 KB

Tell me what you guys think. And before anyone says it....yes I know I need to lower the fit, I am in the process of saving up for some coilovers

Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Sucks about getting jacked, but at least you have some nice Mugens now.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 PM
you better get some wheel locks or those will be gone next.
p.s. Don't keep the lock key in the car or you will have a busted window and missing wheels.

Edit (just seen the wheel lock in the picture)

Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
you better get some wheel locks or those will be gone next.
p.s. Don't keep the lock key in the car or you will have a busted window and missing wheels.

Edit (just seen the wheel lock in the picture)

Haha yeah trust me that is one lesson I learned. Yeah I keep the key to the lock on my lanyard so it is never in the car unless I am in it. Also at night I turn my wheels as far as I can to either the left or right until my steering wheel locks so it will make it that much harder for them to take off the front wheels

Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Don't worry about what people say concerning lowering. I get that all the time with my cars "slam it"....pfft!

Unless it's a track only car slamming your ride is just stupid! If you drive your fit regularly on the streets you will find out how low you can go before it becomes a problem. There are some horrible roads out there not the to mention speed bumps, steep inclines, declines etc. Many people though will only have aesthetics in mind when lowering their cars sacrificing ride and handling. Personally I prefer functionality but ultimately you have to drive the car so go with what works best for you.

On topic: I want those wheels but I want them in black...I have seen a few pics here and there but can only ever seem to find them for sale with the finish you have.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
You should probably upgrade your security system too. Viper FTW!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
oh and I wouldn't put to much stock in wheel locks...get a good alarm because any experienced wheel thief will have just about every wheel lock key...it's not like they're hard to get and many companies use the exact same keys.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
i don't understand whats so special about the stock wheels.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
oh man imagine if those wheel were powder coated white....

Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by bmxman
oh and I wouldn't put to much stock in wheel locks...get a good alarm because any experienced wheel thief will have just about every wheel lock key...it's not like they're hard to get and many companies use the exact same keys.
Yeah I am looking at upgrading. I have even considered making my own integrated with the factory alarm. They sell a small motion sensor that detects motion up to 20ft at rat shack for $10. I was gonna position two of them so it detects motion outside my car, but have it hooked up to a switch with a time delay. Basically I park my car at night, hit the switch and in 20 to 30 seconds it activates the motion sensors. Something comes near it the alarm will chirp. If it detects it again alarm will go off. And when I am going somewhere I hit unlock and it deactivates the sensors. Hell I can even buy those wireless remotes for the neon/led products and hook that up to the sensors and then have a wireless remote for it!

But yeah I have looked at the Viper. I just don't know what is the best one to get. Also I want to install a tilt sensor on my car.

Any ideas for the alarm system? Would love to hear what y'all think about what is the best aftermarket alarm

Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vash
i don't understand whats so special about the stock wheels.
I have no idea either. But apparently the people who stole them also stole the wheels off of 4 other cars that night. O and they think the people who did were also responsible for stealing the wheels off of 62....thats right 62 Chevy trucks......at the dealership.....in one night....yeah

I mean gotta hand it to them, they know what they are doing.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by bmxman
Don't worry about what people say concerning lowering. I get that all the time with my cars "slam it"....pfft!

Unless it's a track only car slamming your ride is just stupid! If you drive your fit regularly on the streets you will find out how low you can go before it becomes a problem. There are some horrible roads out there not the to mention speed bumps, steep inclines, declines etc. Many people though will only have aesthetics in mind when lowering their cars sacrificing ride and handling. Personally I prefer functionality but ultimately you have to drive the car so go with what works best for you.
I agree to each his own, but I drive like I'm on a track all the time...thus the lowering and rear sway bar. (joking)

Just to correct you yes ride quality is sometimes sacrificed but handling is always improved. You don't always need to lower so much to sacrifice functionality. A slight 1" drop would not shatter ride quality (more in likely not change it at all) but greatly improve handling. It didn't on my CL-S but the handling and nose dive during breaking was improved hugely.
I didn't lower for aesthetics I lowered for better control and handling at higher speeds with the Fit. In stock form I personally didn't feel comfortable driving highway during high winds. A slight lower (lower center of gravity and less uplift) resolved the issue perfectly. We all live in different environments but for me personally if I didn't lower the car..I would have sold it just because of the instability.
But like you said...what ever works best for each person I just don't want you to be totally ignorant against any drop.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
The dealer laughed at me when I said I wanted wheel locks for my stock wheels.

Man the mugen's are sweet though.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
But like you said...what ever works best for each person I just don't want you to be totally ignorant against any drop.
no worries all 4 of my Honda's are dropped...none more than 2" though and the comment I hear the most is "you need to slam it"..yeah ok

Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zackk
The dealer laughed at me when I said I wanted wheel locks for my stock wheels.

Man the mugen's are sweet though.
Who ever laughed at you is an idiot. Why the hell would Honda sell wheel locks in the first place. Some people are just so ignorant.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
wheel for wheel...are the mugen and stocks the same size? I know the tires sizes are bigger on the mugen...but we can also put those tires sizes on the stock wheels.. that is why i asked. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcious
wheel for wheel...are the mugen and stocks the same size? I know the tires sizes are bigger on the mugen...but we can also put those tires sizes on the stock wheels.. that is why i asked. Thanks!
OEM Sport Wheels: 16x6 +53
Mugen XJ Wheels: 16x6.5 +55

Old 07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcious
Honestly I do not know exactly. They are both 16" but the tires on the stocks are 185 / 55 R16 83H(from Honda's website) and the tires for the mugens are 205/50 R16 87W (from Honda's website).

So I am guessing the Mugen rims will not fit on the stock tire, since they make you buy those tires with the rims.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
Honestly I do not know exactly. They are both 16" but the tires on the stocks are 185 / 55 R16 83H(from Honda's website) and the tires for the mugens are 205/50 R16 87W (from Honda's website).

So I am guessing the Mugen rims will not fit on the stock tire, since they make you buy those tires with the rims.
185/55/16 size tires will fit on the Mugen XJ wheels no problem.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
185/55/16 size tires will fit on the Mugen XJ wheels no problem.
Well thats good to know. What is funny though is when I was looking for tires (when i planned on getting aftermarket wheels) we couldn't find that size ANYWHERE! We had gone to a wheel place and he called around and we couldn't find that size anywhere, except the Honda dealer of course.

Quick Reply: Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen