2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by !bungle
Yeah, but I know you can do better. I "met" you on that one... you've gone on much more since then. Seriously - I'd gather all your responses to others buying "Fake", edit it into a nice flowing piece, then post that.

BTW, most of the time I feel you just post your opinion a bit harshly, but you are slippin' with the "stfu n00bs" bit. That's a bit much, even in response to being called a name. I don't condone that, either. It's gettin' to be like an elementary school playground around here.

I don't neg rep but in extreme situations.

I still haven't, BTW.
I know we mutually posirepped in that thread haha

I also don't like the stfu n00bs....although I'm not going to take people who joined in the last two months trying to come at me (bro, yes necessary lulz)

And i wouldn't say I've gotten any harsher.....just sick of more and more rotas, and them becoming more and more accepted

Knock-offs ARE stealing

Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
I had all I could take from three or four guys that were reading thing into my post that I hadn't said, name calling and it was one of them after the other and I felt perfectly justified in doing the neg rep thing on a couple of them and then playing their game back on them without calling them names or losing it on them...Others got tired of it also and they haven't been around since.... One of them was extremely sharp and contributed a lot but I PMed him to talk it out.... If you are on this forum for the right reason it is because your car means a lot to you and you are sharing and receiving information and ideas from other owner enthusiast... I have interacted with a lot of cool people here, learned a lot and shared what ever I thought would be helpful to others only to be responded to in a negative manner at times by some.... There is no reason to say negative things about a persons car that they have put time and money into or get personal with name calling because their taste or expectations of what they want their car to be isn't the same as yours.... There is no reason to not be kind to others that I can see or justify........ I'm through preaching.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
I know we mutually posirepped in that thread haha

I also don't like the stfu n00bs....although I'm not going to take people who joined in the last two months trying to come at me (bro, yes necessary lulz)

And i wouldn't say I've gotten any harsher.....just sick of more and more rotas, and them becoming more and more accepted

Knock-offs ARE stealing
If people were paying as much for a lesser quality wheel that resembled a top of the line high quality wheel sold for, that would be steeling..... The fact that the higher quality wheels are of better materials and are processed with the latest technology and precision is the real reason to buy these better wheels... People that have money and think they absolutely must have the best will purchase the best even though something that cost less would work out for most of them just as well.... If there weren't low price wheels for people of that ilk to make fun of or look down on those that purchase them they wouldn't be happy with what they had and bitch for someone to create wheels that would be even more expensive so they could look down on those that didn't have the newer more costly wheels...... People like that are shallow, insecure and controlled by marketing programs that exploit their need to feel that they must have the best...... I am glad I learned about Madison avenue manipulation of the masses by reading a book when I was 11 years old.... Wheels have collectible appeal because of marketing in the same way as Beenie Babies due to marketing hype..... It isn't like firearms, musical instruments or fine art that are commonly purchased as investments and appreciate in value without marketing hype..... If you are performance oriented you will find that some of the most expensive wheels are heavier than some Kosei and Enkei wheels in the same size.... There are all kinds of things being sold with exaggerated value to allude that the quality of the product justifies the stiff pricing and very often that just isn't so.... You can never get some people to believe that paying more doesn't necessarily guarantee top quality but in this day and age we are paying more for crap everyday.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
There is no reason to say negative things about a persons car that they have put time and money into or get personal with name calling because their taste or expectations of what they want their car to be isn't the same as yours.... There is no reason to not be kind to others that I can see or justify........ I'm through preaching.
I couldn't have said it better, myself. I also can't posi rep TC anymore than I already have, because I must "spread it around" a bit more first.

So, I'm likewise dropping it after stating several of my personal opinions in response to this:

Knock-offs ARE stealing
1. "Stfu n00bs" does not belong on a car forum, unmoderated or not - we're not in the Wasteland, but in the actual car-related portion. You said you didn't like it, but you still did it. (btw- I could care less about profanity- just how it was used)
2. The length of time anyone has been here is irrelevant, - I mean, you don't have a Fit at all, yet you're "allowed" to be here.
3. I am not your "bro", I'm easily old enough to be your daddy.
4. No, it's not "necessary" - we're not gang-bangers trying to protect our street cred, here.
5. The "harsher" part was the "stfu n00bs" statement. IMHO- I think you should seek medical treatment if "more Rotas" and their "acceptance" are driving you to such behaviour extremes.
6. Until the sale and ownership of all Rota and similar "Knock-offs" is banned in the USA, you are incorrect in your final statement.

(many apologies, Mr. Bubbles!)

Old 08-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Soooo is VIS a "high quality" company? do they R&D develop parts? do they make quality parts? that GE body kit looks very similar to the JDM Mugen Fit but on a USDM Fit. So is VIS on the same level as Rota now?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by !bungle
I couldn't have said it better, myself. I also can't posi rep TC anymore than I already have, because I must "spread it around" a bit more first.

So, I'm likewise dropping it after stating several of my personal opinions in response to this:

1. "Stfu n00bs" does not belong on a car forum, unmoderated or not - we're not in the Wasteland, but in the actual car-related portion. You said you didn't like it, but you still did it. (btw- I could care less about profanity- just how it was used)
2. The length of time anyone has been here is irrelevant, - I mean, you don't have a Fit at all, yet you're "allowed" to be here.
3. I am not your "bro", I'm easily old enough to be your daddy.
4. No, it's not "necessary" - we're not gang-bangers trying to protect our street cred, here.
5. The "harsher" part was the "stfu n00bs" statement. IMHO- I think you should seek medical treatment if "more Rotas" and their "acceptance" are driving you to such behaviour extremes.
6. Until the sale and ownership of all Rota and similar "Knock-offs" is banned in the USA, you are incorrect in your final statement.

(many apologies, Mr. Bubbles!)
hahaha bro is now a gangbanger term? hahahahhhaahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahah hahahahahahhahhahhahahahahahahah

and I wasn't calling you 'bro' it was a joke

Oh so now the laws are perfect? yeah, no

I've driven a Fit

Originally Posted by insane_one
Soooo is VIS a "high quality" company? do they R&D develop parts? do they make quality parts? that GE body kit looks very similar to the JDM Mugen Fit but on a USDM Fit. So is VIS on the same level as Rota now?
no. VIS is rubbish

VIS is cool for this guy:

Coyote - i don't see why you're bringing up kosei/enkei; never have i hated on those wheels......they're great wheels, made even greater by low prices

same goes for buddy club (which are almost exactly the same as kosei's, pretty sure even made by the same manufacturer)

Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
I agree they are great affordable wheels and some are lighter than the same sizes in the top of the price range wheels.....

Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM
btw stop complaining about being able to lower your car and go to school

ZOMG I MIGHT scrape my front bumper....learn how to angle across obstacles

I am not complaining, I am concered for my car. Unlike most kids my age, I love my car and take care of it and don't want it to get scratches all on the underside. I cringe my teeth whenever I even think it is about to scrape. You can learn, but just because you can do it 5 times in a row without scraping doesn't mean you will be able to do it a 6th time perfectly. Not all angles are the same, not all situations are the same. I could be pulling into a parking lot and some idiot will be blocking me for the angle I need to take and will not go. What do I do then? Get out of the car and say excuse me you are blocking me from attaining the angle I need to clear this incline without scraping the bottom of my car.

Sorry I think things through and weigh the pros and cons and take into considerations many things.

BTW the stfu noob comment was unneeded, as everyone has pretty much stated. Yes I am a noob, I have been on here for a short time, I have owned my fit for less than 6 months. But who cares? Everyone is a noob at once. You don't pop out of your mom knowing everything in the world and able to assemble an engine by the age of 4.

To change the subject, I am waiting to see if I can get a discount from my Honda dealer on those Honda springs and shocks from Japanparts.com If I can get a good deal on them then I may get those and upgrade the springs if I want it to sit lower. Those shocks look to be better than the stock ones on there now. Plus for $900, they are cheaper than coilovers, and the Honda dealer can install them with a warranty.

Now the ultimate question is, will they fit?

Last edited by Mr.Bubbles; 08-01-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
There are going to be times when there is no way in the world that you can avoid scraping at least the front lip of a sport model Fit on stock suspension... I have had to replace the front lip and bumper at a cost of $2000 on my car back in 2006 or early 07 due to a truck tire tread that could have easily been driven over in most other cars I have owned. As low as your car is right now it is very likely that a situation will occur where you will damage the front lip at the very least.... The problem is due to the elongated bumpers on the USDM cars that creates a ridiculous approach angle clearance, something a person that doesn't own a Fit wouldn't have first hand knowledge of ... Check with member Ekonetics for a great price on Showa dampers with Swift springs.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:20 PM
$900 for springs and shocks? i think its only $400 more for Buddy Club full suspension coilovers. if you've got $900 to spend on suspension i say wait a lil bit longer and get full suspension coilvers.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
$900 for springs and shocks? i think its only $400 more for Buddy Club full suspension coilovers. if you've got $900 to spend on suspension i say wait a lil bit longer and get full suspension coilvers.
Yeah but the dealership can install those honda springs and shocks and also put a warranty on it. I am thinking coilovers are something I will just have to save up for, or move down on my list of things to get. I am taking a look at the swift springs as alot of people on here are suggesting I get, so we will see. Gotta find someone to install them and see how much it will cost.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:56 PM
hmm well what ever you do just make sure you get some full shots of the Fit with the XJ's =D

Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
My warranty was up over a year ago and I have never had any warranty work performed... After market parts properly installed have no effect on your warranty unless the part is the cause of another problem.... I think you need to enjoy driving your shiny new car for awhile before you consider spending money and changing things around too much.... There are many choices of things to buy and do to your car and some guys are never happy and are constantly spending for parts and in a lot of cases labor...The money you save by doing the work yourself will eventually pay for the necessary tools that you can use until you lose, break or wear them out... I wouldn't have been able to afford having the power enhancements I have on my car if I hadn't done the installation work myself.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Doing it yourself is the way to go. glad i started with the older Hondas and learned how to use a wrench.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
hmm well what ever you do just make sure you get some full shots of the Fit with the XJ's =D
Hahaha yeah I know I thought about that today. I am checking the weather right now and hopefully will get out and wash the car tomorrow morning before the sun comes out and burns me alive. It has been so freaking hot over here. So if it says no rain then I will get out and wash it and get those photos. And yeah I am going to wait on the suspension since it is a new car. And I plan on installing everything by myself as I usually do, but with something as important as suspension, I am not that confident.

Ok so I just checked the weather and the forecast is......*drum roll*......partly cloudy with a high of 99!!!!

So it looks like your in luck. Guess I will be waking up early to try and beat the heat. So this means, as of now, more photos of my car will be posted within the next 24 hours!

Old 08-01-2010, 09:09 PM
nice! i havnt washed my car in weeks due to it raining all the time. forcast says partly cloudy for the next few days and more rain after but IDGAF. carwash!

Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Plus springs mounted on shocks are more of a "set it and forget it" type situation where as coilovers need adjustment and tuning to really be perfect for your setup.

Don't get me wrong...I would LOOOOOOVE some full coilovers but for me and my use of the car, the cost isn't justified.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
I am not complaining, I am concered for my car. Unlike most kids my age, I love my car and take care of it and don't want it to get scratches all on the underside. I cringe my teeth whenever I even think it is about to scrape. You can learn, but just because you can do it 5 times in a row without scraping doesn't mean you will be able to do it a 6th time perfectly. Not all angles are the same, not all situations are the same. I could be pulling into a parking lot and some idiot will be blocking me for the angle I need to take and will not go. What do I do then? Get out of the car and say excuse me you are blocking me from attaining the angle I need to clear this incline without scraping the bottom of my car.

Sorry I think things through and weigh the pros and cons and take into considerations many things.

BTW the stfu noob comment was unneeded, as everyone has pretty much stated. Yes I am a noob, I have been on here for a short time, I have owned my fit for less than 6 months. But who cares? Everyone is a noob at once. You don't pop out of your mom knowing everything in the world and able to assemble an engine by the age of 4.

To change the subject, I am waiting to see if I can get a discount from my Honda dealer on those Honda springs and shocks from Japanparts.com If I can get a good deal on them then I may get those and upgrade the springs if I want it to sit lower. Those shocks look to be better than the stock ones on there now. Plus for $900, they are cheaper than coilovers, and the Honda dealer can install them with a warranty.

Now the ultimate question is, will they fit?
are you talking about the Honda Access or Modulo (something idk, whatever 555sexydrive, has?)

and dude.....trust me......it's not difficult to avoid scraping. I scraped once in my galant, and that was a month before i sold it, when i didn't care anymore and i wanted to see what it took to scrape it lmao

Old 08-01-2010, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
If it is the Honda Access or Modulo--that would be epic.

I had the HFP Suspension on my EP and it was AWESOME!
I LOVED that suspension but I got it for like $580 a few years back cuz I had the hookup.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:46 PM
are you talking about the Honda Access or Modulo (something idk, whatever 555sexydrive, has?)
Yeah I think those are it.

Quick Reply: Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen