2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
I wouldn't call it theft. When Mugen makes a product they know the group of people they are trying to sell to. They aren't going to design a wheel that costs $1300 and expect people who are willing to pay only $900 to buy it. They have a market for people who are willing to pay for it. So in all reality, they aren't losing any money. Now Rota on the other hand while I do agree they "steal" the design, they really aren't stealing business from Mugen. They have their own group of people who they make products for, which are the people who cannot afford the Mugens. It is like Acura. They are the high end version and pricier version of Honda. But they are not priced out by Honda because they have a market for people who can afford their vehicles. Yes while I will admit that they steal the design, I do not agree that they steal the business. And the price isn't coming from R&D, it is coming from the name brand, the materials, and the market demand. Mugen knows that not everyone can afford the wheels, they know Rota will and has copied thier wheel. They honestly could care less because they are not losing customers. If you want and can afford Mugens, you buy Mugens. Simple as that.

But to sum this rant up, I agree that stealing the design is undermining the creators, but they aren't stealing business from Mugen, just from other replica companies and cheaper wheels.
Do you realize how much the major wheel companies spend on R&D on wheels? And all the quality machinery, and materials add up....while the name raises the price the quality makes it worth it

All rota/konig do are make an exact replica but with cheap flow formed casting processes

And it is stealing business because without the reps maybe more people would save up for the real thing

Old 07-31-2010, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
yeah he just doesn't get it...say Mugen does go under who does Rota copy then???

Old 07-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Banned
Konig

oh man......I'd probably have to stock pile all the old legit wheels

Oh wait...I've already owned a lot of them haha

Old 07-31-2010, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
Go clean you firearms. Glocks are plastic copies of real guns and the Chinese have been making perfectly deadly copies of Kalishnikovs for over 50 years.... Low end wheels are a great buy for people that don't want to go hungry or be indebted to buy status wheels.... I'll bet that you give people a hard time if they don't shop at upscale clothing stores too.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Go clean you firearms. Glocks are plastic copies of real guns and the Chinese have been making perfectly deadly copies of Kalishnikovs for over 50 years.... Low end wheels are a great buy for people that don't want to go hungry or be indebted to buy status wheels.... I'll bet that you give people a hard time if they don't shop at upscale clothing stores too.
Nope, in fact I ate a box of knock-off Oreos today

I just feel that when modifying a car....do it right or don't do it at all

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again

Legit forged > legit cast > OEM > steelies > wagon wheels > flaming brick > regular brick > mini spare > knock-offs

Old 07-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Banned
and my guns are beretta and walther

Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
Come on man, it's getting old, real old.... Buying an expensive set of wheels and putting them on your car is is no more of a modification than buying and wearing an expensive watch.... There are plenty of very modified cars that are running on stock wheels and suspensions.... Not every modified car is a fashion statement and not every person that is modifying their cars live at home with their parents or have a trust fund.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 07-31-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:33 PM
I think we should create a sticky that states:

"Gbaby2089 hates knock-offs with a passion"

and just leave it at that. Maybe he won't have to chime in and let every new person get flamed for mentioning the likes of Rota, et al.

BTW- I'll happily trade my mint Sport alloys with tires for a set of new Slipstreams in 15x6.5, 45mm offset. Or the new Rota Grid 1570, depending on their weight... or adding extra cash for a set of Enkei's like yours.

But, the original post was about rims being jacked, now I'm continuing jacking the thread away from that!

Old 07-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by !bungle

and just leave it at that. Maybe he won't have to chime in and let every new person get flamed for mentioning the likes of Rota, et al.
Haha I know I wish someone would have told me about that before I opened my mouth. Mentioned rotas, and within a few minutes my rep went down by over 42,000,000 points. At least Gbaby2089 was nice enough to leave me a comment why: "fake wheels suck".

Haha I couldnt help but laugh, simple and to the point.
Can't argue with someones opinion. But I think there should be a warning box that pops up whenever you mention Rota, or any other brand that says

"Warning your post may be found my Gbaby2089 and attacked due to your support of Rota. Please be aware negative reputation my result from your post."

Or something along those lines.

But since this thread has strayed away from its original subject, we might as well keep on going. Anyone have any ideas what I should add to my fit next?

Old 07-31-2010, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
What is strange to me is that someone that has never owned a Fit and can only preach about wheels has such support..... I have wondered many times how many people have been turned off to fitfreak by this sort of behavior.... The Fit to many people is the first new car they have owned and in this economy some of them struggle just to cover the note and insurance premium.... This type of behavior is common amongst adolescent children in middle school and as adults the counterproductive outcome resulting from this type of thing should be realized and not tolerated.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 PM
But since this thread has strayed away from its original subject, we might as well keep on going. Anyone have any ideas what I should add to my fit next?
I'll be adding tint, side protection (2 dings already!), visors, and eventually Swift springs. 'Course, after buying my Fit outright - I haven't scraped up the cash for my own wheels/tires yet!

It is nice, owning the car without payments - guess I can deal with driving it stock for a bit longer...

Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 PM
I'll be adding tint, side protection (2 dings already!), visors, and eventually Swift springs.

That is what I did first, excluding the side protection and springs. Although maybe I should invest in the side protection. I found some small stuff I want to get like the red Honda badges, and the RS badge. I have a huge list of things I would love to have but I just don't have the money for it. Let me know how those Swift springs work for you and also how much they cost. I would love to lower my fit, but keep hearing that springs alone will cause your shocks to wear faster, and the coilovers, even though extremely expensive, are the way to go.

Last edited by Mr.Bubbles; 07-31-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Swift Sport Mach springs have way more travel than other springs and are not going to screw up your shocks for that reason... They are performance engineered opposed to being made to just visually enhance the looks of your car and sell for $254.00 at a couple of places that can be found with a google search. I repped you last night Mr. Bubbles, I didn't have a clue that someone would be so low that they would neg rep you the way they did...

Old 07-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Swift Sport Mach springs have way more travel than other springs and are not going to screw up your shocks for that reason... They are performance engineered opposed to being made to just visually enhance the looks of your car and sell for $254.00 at a couple of places that can be found with a google search. I repped you last night Mr. Bubbles, I didn't have a clue that someone would be so low that they would neg rep you the way they did...

I am going to have to check those out! And thank you! I just noticed that I will be sure to return the favor

Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 PM
any ideas what you plan to do suspension wise?

Old 07-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by insane_one
any ideas what you plan to do suspension wise?

Not quite sure. I have only had the car for like 3 or 4 months. I want to lower it, but at the same time I dont want to end up scraping my car and what not. Not sure how good it will look lowered on those springs, but I found how much they drop. I guess it is photoshop time. I plan on taking a photo of a scene, then another with my car in it. Then another with a tape measure in the front and back. Then I just photoshop my car down by the amount provided and I can get a really good idea of how it will look with those mugens. Cause the swift drop is not as low as the eibach springs I was looking at.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear about ur wheels getting stolen but those Mugens are looking great on your ride!!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
Nope, in fact I ate a box of knock-off Oreos today

I just feel that when modifying a car....do it right or don't do it at all

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again

Legit forged > legit cast > OEM > steelies > wagon wheels > flaming brick > regular brick > mini spare > knock-offs
This is so stupid, i wouldn't think it'd be like Hater-Tech on here too but i guess i was wrong. If someone doesn't build their cars to your standards they're automatically garbage. Oh your car isnt low enough, oh you have fake wheels, oh you have fake this and that, total BS. I guess this is something that will never come to an end.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Not quite sure. I have only had the car for like 3 or 4 months. I want to lower it, but at the same time I dont want to end up scraping my car and what not. Not sure how good it will look lowered on those springs, but I found how much they drop. I guess it is photoshop time. I plan on taking a photo of a scene, then another with my car in it. Then another with a tape measure in the front and back. Then I just photoshop my car down by the amount provided and I can get a really good idea of how it will look with those mugens. Cause the swift drop is not as low as the eibach springs I was looking at.
i think swifts give the least amout of drop out of all the lowering springs available for the GE8. get full suspension! then you wont need to photoshop!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by insane_one
This is so stupid, i wouldn't think it'd be like Hater-Tech on here too but i guess i was wrong. If someone doesn't build their cars to your standards they're automatically garbage. Oh your car isnt low enough, oh you have fake wheels, oh you have fake this and that, total BS. I guess this is something that will never come to an end.
I didn't know opinions were only allowed on H-T :beer:

BTW- I'll happily trade my mint Sport alloys with tires for a set of new Slipstreams in 15x6.5, 45mm offset. Or the new Rota Grid 1570, depending on their weight... or adding extra cash for a set of Enkei's like yours.

But, the original post was about rims being jacked, now I'm continuing jacking the thread away from that!
Haha I know I wish someone would have told me about that before I opened my mouth. Mentioned rotas, and within a few minutes my rep went down by over 42,000,000 points. At least Gbaby2089 was nice enough to leave me a comment why: "fake wheels suck".

Haha I couldnt help but laugh, simple and to the point.
Can't argue with someones opinion. But I think there should be a warning box that pops up whenever you mention Rota, or any other brand that says

"Warning your post may be found my Gbaby2089 and attacked due to your support of Rota. Please be aware negative reputation my result from your post."

Or something along those lines.

I'm honored people are so intimidated by me :thud:

That is what I did first, excluding the side protection and springs. Although maybe I should invest in the side protection. I found some small stuff I want to get like the red Honda badges, and the RS badge. I have a huge list of things I would love to have but I just don't have the money for it. Let me know how those Swift springs work for you and also how much they cost. I would love to lower my fit, but keep hearing that springs alone will cause your shocks to wear faster, and the coilovers, even though extremely expensive, are the way to go.
Sprints don't drop very low, that'll help too

Quick Reply: Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen