2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM
how much should those mugen 16's be in black if someone were to just walk in a buy em?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
how much should those mugen 16's be in black if someone were to just walk in a buy em?
you can find them all over...ebay, college hills, local dealer etc...from between 300-400 per wheel....but I seriously doubt you will find them in any other finish besides chrome!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by bmxman
you can find them all over...ebay, college hills, local dealer etc...from between 300-400 per wheel....but I seriously doubt you will find them in any other finish besides chrome!

MGM - ROTA Wheels

There is the link. Rota makes a replica of the Mugen XJ and it is saying it is in hyper black. But the size is 17" not 16"

I will keep looking and hopefully will find something else

Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
Well thats good to know. What is funny though is when I was looking for tires (when i planned on getting aftermarket wheels) we couldn't find that size ANYWHERE! We had gone to a wheel place and he called around and we couldn't find that size anywhere, except the Honda dealer of course.
Not many tire companies carry that particular size. Off the top of my head, the only companies that make tires in that size are Birdgestone and Dunlop. I'm pretty sure Falken and some other companies will come out with that size soon.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
09 HONDA FIT SPORT MUGEN GENUINE WHEELS 16" X 6 SET OEM: eBay Motors (item 220475767648 end time Jul-30-10 14:09:28 PDT)

There was a seller on Ebay who had a NIB set and was only asking 999.99 but they had no feedback so I passed but for that price I could have bought them and had them refinished.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
MGM - ROTA Wheels

There is the link. Rota makes a replica of the Mugen XJ and it is saying it is in hyper black. But the size is 17" not 16"

I will keep looking and hopefully will find something else
LOL we're talking about Mugen rims and you suggest fake replicas

Old 07-28-2010, 04:12 PM
09 HONDA FIT SPORT MUGEN GENUINE WHEELS 16" X 6 SET OEM: eBay Motors (item 220475767648 end time Jul-30-10 14:09:28 PDT)

There was a seller on Ebay who had a NIB set and was only asking 999.99 but they had no feedback so I passed but for that price I could have bought them and had them refinished.

I wouldn't trust it. They are probably the replicas that I just posted with the Mugen cover on. That is really cheap for new ones. JHPUSA has them at $360 ea. ($1440 total), College Hills Honda is showing $380 ea. ($1520), and Bernardi Honda is showing $386.20 ea. ($1544)

So those that he is selling are probably knock offs, or stolen, or he is in need for some money fast

Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
LOL we're talking about Mugen rims and you suggest fake replicas
Only becuase he wanted some in black, and unfortunately they don't make them in solid black. Although that would look sick. Plus if he is on a budget and doesnt want to spend $1300+ on mugen wheels he can go the replica way. I will say those replicas though cannot even compare to the real deal, I love my Mugen wheels so much. Especially when people stare at them and take a double take at my car

Old 07-28-2010, 04:57 PM

now they're 1375 lol not much of a savings over others

Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Only becuase he wanted some in black, and unfortunately they don't make them in solid black. Although that would look sick. Plus if he is on a budget and doesnt want to spend $1300+ on mugen wheels he can go the replica way. I will say those replicas though cannot even compare to the real deal, I love my Mugen wheels so much. Especially when people stare at them and take a double take at my car
Yeah i'm actually thinking of going with 16x7 rota circuit 10 in bronze for my BOM fit. but I like the look of those mugen and would always go with mugen if it was affordable, but I'm not as baller as some owners or lucky ( $500 for insurance deductable)

Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Smile your on candid cammera

The chrome look good on the ur Fit and about the wheel Thieves... mount a camera in the area of your car and if they are stupid enough to steal them at least you'll have some realy nice footage for the police

Old 07-28-2010, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
sucks about getting jacked dooder. but i would have went the work route and F tpms, its not even that great and you honestly dont need it. but atleast you got the moogens now.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:08 PM
So Clean

So around last week I woke up to a sight no fit owner should ever have to see....

Yup....some idiot decided to steal my wheels and tires. Stock ones. They even stole the lug nuts.

So we called the dealership and asked how much it would cost to get new wheels, tires, lug nuts, tpms sensors, labor, etc. The estimate: $3200. I considered buying a pair of Work Emotion wheels and buying some good tires as I would save lots of $$$$$, but because my car was blocking our other car, we needed it moved, and it would have cost more money to have it towed, buying cheap wheels so it can be loaded up, having everything overnighted, installed, buying the tpms sensors and making sure they work and everything I took a different route. I called the dealership and asked them about the Mugen wheels. Just to overnight the wheels and tires was an additional $500. But luckily since we know the owner we got a great deal. They brought some cheap wheels loaded it up on the tow truck took it to the dealer and after 2 days of waiting I got my car back. I got the 205/50/R16 tires with the Mugen XJ 16" Rims. And the cost? $3200. Luckily insurance said all we had to pay was $500. Now I know alot of people are going to comment and say that quote was too high and I should have gone aftermarket and saved $$$$$. Yes I know, believe me I would have loved to see my fit sitting on some Work Emotion wheels, but because of the situation and the fact we needed it done as quickly as possible I got the Mugen rims. Take a look:

Tell me what you guys think. And before anyone says it....yes I know I need to lower the fit, I am in the process of saving up for some coilovers
Do you happen to have a pic of the car from the side showing the whole vehicle?

I hope I never have wheels stolen from me
Your Fit is lookin' real gooood!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
They are a decent looking wheel, the one thing I don't like about them is the weight. It's unfortunate they (Mugen) went away from the weight savings of the RNR, MF and even GP line. If anything the Fit can really use an unsprung weight reduction to improve all facets of driving.

Sure hope you never have to wake up to that same scene again. I would be looking to rip someone's head off, well at least their ear(s) as that would be much easier than the whole head.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Banned
never liked those.....and to the guy who suggested Rotas....yes please take more money from legit manufacturers!

R&D psshh

Old 07-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
never liked those.....and to the guy who suggested Rotas....yes please take more money from legit manufacturers!

R&D psshh

haha whoa now seems I have hit on a sensitive subject for someone

BIZTAKE:

I will get a shot when I can of the whole side. I just took those in my driveway and planned on taking more that night but the rain stopped me.

555sexydrive:

I know right? They are lucky we didnt wake up the first time cause the 12 gauge would have added some holes in my car and a custom blood splatter paint job to my car.

I really do love these wheels, I understand that some people don't and that's fine with me cause I didn't get them to please them. And the whole taking money from legit manufactures? That is capitalism. If company A wants to sell their product for $1400, and company B wants to make a replica and sell it for $900 so be it. The buyer is the one making the choice and he/she should know that buying a replica will have drawbacks. Plus At least they aren't throwing on a fake mugen logo on the wheels.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:49 AM
hmm so as stated above

Stock GE wheels 16x6 +53 185/55/R16
Mugen GE wheels 16x6.5 +55 205/50/R16

My GE came straight from the factory with the Optional wheels installed (my dealerships show room model) and the tires are 205/50/R16. could it be possible that

Optional GE wheels 16x6.5 +55 205/50/R16?

on topic- sorry to hear about the theft. Love those wheels but they're SO expensive! i would think that these wheels being rare now because of the price, it could only get more rarer once they discontinue them. any shots of the car all together with the wheels without black/white effects?

and if im understanding correctly you only had to pay $500 to your insurance company and they got you Mugen wheels?!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by insane_one
hmm so as stated above

Stock GE wheels 16x6 +53 185/55/R16
Mugen GE wheels 16x6.5 +55 205/50/R16

My GE came straight from the factory with the Optional wheels installed (my dealerships show room model) and the tires are 205/50/R16. could it be possible that

Optional GE wheels 16x6.5 +55 205/50/R16?

on topic- sorry to hear about the theft. Love those wheels but they're SO expensive! i would think that these wheels being rare now because of the price, it could only get more rarer once they discontinue them. any shots of the car all together with the wheels without black/white effects?

and if im understanding correctly you only had to pay $500 to your insurance company and they got you Mugen wheels?!

Yeah I will take photos for you when I get a chance. My car got really dirty today as I had to go down a road that was under construction and all that rain and dirt did a number to my clean car. So I will get photos as soon as this rain stops. I had to pay $3200 to the dealership then the insurance company gave us a check for $2700. So I paid $500 for the wheels essentially.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
As long as your premiums don't go up, then in all reality you should leave a THANK YOU note out in front of your house.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
As long as your premiums don't go up, then in all reality you should leave a THANK YOU note out in front of your house.
They said it wont go up a penny. And I know I sat there and was like wow I don't think I am mad at them anymore cause I got a set of sexy rims and tires for $500!!!!

Quick Reply: Mugen Rims after Stock Stolen