2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

CRZ 0-60 10.5 sec / Fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
Since the JDM GE8 can hit 62 before the fuel cutoff, in 2nd, that should make the JDM GE8 Faster in the 0-60 than the USDM model. What are the official numbers that car magazines have recorded (or what does Honda say) for the 0-100kph on the Fit? I wonder if it would be the same though since 1st gear is more aggressive on the USDM fit. Someone needs to bump the redline to 7600rpm.

I'll take 1st, 2nd & 3rd from the JDM, 4th from the USDM, and 5th from the USDM 5AT.

ooooh that 1st from the Fit looks good too... maybe that. What I want is an a-la-carte gearbox.

Is the Redline on the LEA the same as the L15 on the Fit?

~SB
Yea.... I'll keep the USDM Fit.

09 Jazz
1.2-litre engine
0-100kph: 14.01sec
90PS @ 6200rpm
110Nm@4800rpm
Top Speed: 181kph
Indiacar.com - Honda Jazz vs. Honda City

"0-100 kph......118 hp Jazz also feels ridiculously fast, but our tested time of 12.7 seconds means that VTEC engine was actually screaming in vain"
http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2010...mini-cooper-s/

"Top end power is strong once you are past 5000 rpm, the motor churning out an impressive 89 bhp. Flat out acceleration is pretty strong considering the size of the motor. 0-100kph comes up in 13.2 seconds with 120kph taking a total of 18.6 seconds"
http://blogs.thehindu.com/delhi/?p=24430

Last edited by Committobefit08; 08-04-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know what they were doing, maybe they were in the CVT model. I get up to 100km/h in about 8.5 seconds and that is not even launching it hard. They are in Arabia, probably used to riding camels. :P

Before somebody gets all butthurt over that comment, I am completely joking.

Just looked at the Arabian site and it is indeed an automatic Fit, those types get no love from me as they are boring and MUCH slower. Again I'm joking, relax people. In all reality though, the AT and MT in the Fit is worlds apart in acceleration numbers.

And just looked at the Indian page, why did you even post that? It is talking about the 1.2 liter which is not available in this market or the North American market and its VTEC motor is the economy type of VTEC. For 1.2 liters and over 1000kg, those numbers really aren't that bad, especially with the type of VTEC it has, more similar in nature to the GD Fit.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 08-04-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I don't know what they were doing, maybe they were in the CVT model. I get up to 100km/h in about 8.5 seconds and that is not even launching it hard. They are in Arabia, probably used to riding camels. :P

Before somebody gets all butthurt over that comment, I am completely joking.

Just looked at the Arabian site and it is indeed an automatic Fit, those types get no love from me as they are boring and MUCH slower. Again I'm joking, relax people. In all reality though, the AT and MT in the Fit is worlds apart in acceleration numbers.

And just looked at the Indian page, why did you even post that? It is talking about the 1.2 liter which is not available in this market or the North American market and its VTEC motor is the economy type of VTEC. For 1.2 liters and over 1000kg, those numbers really aren't that bad, especially with the type of VTEC it has, more similar in nature to the GD Fit.
I was aware of the Arabian being an auto. I just forgot to mention that in my post. . I was just posting all of those (1.2L and 1.5L) just to show some non USDM models. I wasn't saying the USDM Fit was better but just comparable. The only reason I said I will keep the USDM Fit was because it's alot cheaper here for the same performance compared to Europe and Asia. I searched for posted 100km/h for the Asia Jazz but no luck. I did see where one Asia review posted the Auto Jazz 1.5L to be 0-60 in 11 sec...right on par with the USDM Jazz auto..meaning the mt was also likely the same.

Here is the link...but don't know how accurate his time is...
"I've tried that and it is fast! Expect 0-100KpH in about 11 seconds." This is the auto btw...
http://www.sonylin.net/car/2009_jazz.php

My post was just proposed to be educational...take it as just that.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 08-04-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
OK, I was like he does realize these are not JDM models right.

Even with the extra shift needed, the numbers should be around the same, with the 4.62fd in the North American GE versus the 4.294, it should get through the rev range quicker.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 08-04-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
not sure if anybody else is following this:
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2812897
Bisimoto CR-Z build

whether we choose to support the CR-Z or not, aftermarket companies seem to accept it with open arms.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mahout
I should have said extra stiffening. very few of the many showrron stock c class cars benefitted from much extra chassis welding. And I weas speaking of the chassis not engine even though I suspect there will be numerous actual internal engine parts deviationsbecause the engines are designed foir two different purposes.
Instead we're looking at supercharging the 1500 ebine. which is what Honda should have done. Maybe next year thats the CRZ Si.
Fixed

CR-X is worlds better than CR-Z in every way imaginable, oh yeah and the HF gets much better fuel economy than the CR-Z

Old 08-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Old 08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
Fixed

CR-X is worlds better than CR-Z in every way imaginable, oh yeah and the HF gets much better fuel economy than the CR-Z
Gbaby...I don't hate you...but mahout < all in this thread. (sorry, couldn't help it)

Old 08-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by blackndecker
Gbaby...I don't hate you...but mahout < all in this thread. (sorry, couldn't help it)
would've been better if you did it correctly

Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
It is correct...you'd see if you read back through his posts in this thread...

Old 08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive

Even with the extra shift needed, the numbers should be around the same, with the 4.62fd in the North American GE versus the 4.294, it should get through the rev range quicker.
You can buy a higher FD online...this was a popular upgrade for the GD guys. It would be a nice upgrade for the Jazz if you were also installing LSD and clutch upgrade at the same time.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Awrighty then...I take back everything I said. I was fully validated bashing you...you're full of $.h.I.t. You make ridiculous comments, disregard burden of proof, and haven't responded to any counterpoints.

I'll continue to ride you like a "Shetland pony" throughout this forum until you put up or shut up...

You can always tell the posters with little practical knowedge. They always have to exhibit their language skills.
I have 3 engineering degrees and 50 years engineering and testing cars and tires in the automotive field. I have owned more than 150 cars, raced a good percentage of them. A great deal of knowledge in the industry is not published because its confidential, your route to winning on track or manufacturing line. If you don't agree with the futility of welding chassis braces for 100 hp SS cars find some competitors in SS and see if they added welded braces. Youll have a hard time because many of us found just how much time was wasted on bracing chassis unless they had been wrecked.
Ask a chassis engineer how much torque can be loaded into a road worthy vehicle from a 100 hp engine compared to the iffness of an already fabricated frame and chassis to meet engineering specs for a road worthy vehicle.
If you want proof of just how confidential knowledge is try to tour the engine labs at any NASCAR competitor.
Whats your credentials?

Last edited by mahout; 08-04-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Fixed

Quite right, we have both CRX Si and HX. The CRX is reserved for the track but the HX is daily used and indeed gets 38 to 41 mpg routinely at 150,000 mile on the odos.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
It's too bad fuel efficient cars weren't popular 10-20 years ago, I feel like new economical cars and hybrid are worst than before (driving pleasure and mpg, even if they make slightly better 0-60).

Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
It's too bad fuel efficient cars weren't popular 10-20 years ago, I feel like new economical cars and hybrid are worst than before (driving pleasure and mpg, even if they make slightly better 0-60).

My 10 year old Insight still gets 50-55 mpg and I make no attempt to drive economically. I await GM's Volt with great anticipation to see just what it took them 10 years longer than Honda. If history holds GM will have another diesel Olds .

Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned
It is correct...you'd see if you read back through his posts in this thread...
No. You're greater than is pointed the wrong way....you're saying everyone else is better than mahout

Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
... its still a slug, giving away 200 lb to the Fit with rteally no more power.

You were wrong and corrected (see post #44), but never responded...no surprise.

But this takes the cake:
You asked 555sexydrive for a reference in post #37.
Where is yoiur reference?
Then you later scoffed at the thought of having to validate any of your wild claims...
BIGGEST NEWS WAS hONDA IS FRANTICALLY BRINGING NEXT YEARS crz TO MARKET - WITH 140 HP FROM THE 1.8 ENGINE because of lackluster response.. NOW THAT MAKES SENSE.

The rumor is the 1.8 is also a hybrid. Never mind how i got the rumor.
Are you kidding me?

Now you resort to an immature ego defense by brandishing your degrees and asking for my credentials...

I have 3 engineering degrees and 50 years engineering...
And more wild claims:
...and testing cars and tires in the automotive field. I have owned more than 150 cars, raced a good percentage of them.

SRSLY?!? Now you try to flex your e-penis by bragging about 3 engineering degrees!! LOL.

I’m not impressed by your degrees...I’m actually underwhelmed by your ability to defend your arguments. Stating your education and asking for someone’s credentials is an immature ego defense. The amount of education proves nothing...the ability to discuss a topic and provide references to support your argument is what is in question.

Whats your credentials?

You probably wouldn’t believe me if I told you. The only way to prove my professional occupation would be to reveal my identity and lose my anonymity...and I really don’t care to get into this type of discussion on an anonymous internet forum. Suffice to say, that I have a significant scientific background.

Last edited by blackndecker; 08-04-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
No. You're greater than is pointed the wrong way....you're saying everyone else is better than mahout
I realize that. See above^

Old 08-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Banned
I realize that. See above^
Oooo alright I thought you were saying the opposite...I hadn't read his posts hahah

Old 08-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Ask a chassis engineer how much torque can be loaded into a road worthy vehicle from a 100 hp engine compared to the iffness of an already fabricated frame and chassis to meet engineering specs for a road worthy vehicle.
Wait...you've got 3 engineering degrees and 50 years of engineering experience...shouldn't we just ask you?

Quick Reply: CRZ 0-60 10.5 sec / Fit ?