2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Newbie owner in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Newbie owner in Seattle

Just got my new 2010 Fit sport on Friday, and noticed this morning lots of little tree sap spottings on the whole car. When I ran my fingers along the paint surface, you can feel the "spots" of the tree sap. ARRRGH...

Anyway, after church in the morning and lunch, took the Fit to the nearby Brown Bear automated car wash, selected the package with wash/polish, and it came out spanking clean, tree sap all gone. I followed up with a wipedown with Meguiar's final detailer spray, and got the Fit looking like it came off the factory line.

One thing, don't ever use Black Magic extreme tire shine spray, the stuff sucks... Don't even think "extreme shine", it simply does not stick well to the tire... I had to spray a whole lot on the tire, to get the tire looking like it was wet... cheap stuff = cheap result. Once this bottle is done, going back to mother's FX tire gel or armor-all tire gel. Gel is the best way to go... those liquid stuff simply does not work...

Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
eww tree sap sucks .

Yea I use a product called Beyond Black by Surf City Garage for my tires. It's fairly pricey but it sticks to the tires for quite a long time.

It's not too wet looking and not to dull looking either which is perfect imo as I don't like a very wet looking tire or a dirty dull looking tire lol.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:44 PM
shiny wheels

Ever try good old black shoe polish?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Quenyar
Ever try good old black shoe polish?
it will blacken the tire wall, sure, but I don't think it will stick very well. Gel is the way to go.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 AM
welcome! automated carwashes FTL. those things do more damge than good. if its one of the touchless ones, 50% of the time its a good job, depending on how dirty your car was. i personally like to go to the do it your self car washes. spend about half of the money. Black magic does it perfect for me. gets the tires nice and black and dirt/dust doesnt stick to it either.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:29 AM
congrats on getting your car!

yeah tree sap sucks. i get so tempted to park under a tree in the summer to get some shade... but i think i'd rather sit through some extra heat and keep my car looking clean

and yes... AUTOMATED CAR WASHES FTL