2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

'10 Fit Sport Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM
'10 Fit Sport Exhaust Question

First of all, yes I know there is a specific exhaust section here: It doesn't receive very much traffic.

Second of all, yes I have searched. And searched and searched.

I'm looking for suggestions. I have a '10 CBP Fit Sport 5MT, and am looking at the option of a new exhaust. Here's what I'm looking for:

-Nice Looking
-QUIET exhaust. I don't want to draw any attention to my little fit, or put out a ricey vibe.
-Under $500 new.

I like the way the HKS exhausts look, and also they free up a pony or three. But I drive 800 miles one way to school, which is 100% 80 mile-per-hour interstate. I sure as hell don't want to sound like I'm sitting on a pissed off bumble bee for 12 hours. I'd like it to be as quiet as stock...or VERY close to it.

I've searched everywhere, read all the comments. For every one person that leaves a comment about it being a good quiet exhaust, there's another dude with a 'suped' up ford focus claiming that it wakes up the neighborhood, just how he likes it.

Halp.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
There was 3 on my list on "quiet" axle-back swap... HKS Silent Hi Power, Tanabe M Touring & Tanabe M Concept G.

As per Evasive's advise... Concept G would be the loudest of the three and the most quiet would be a toss up with Touring and Silent Hi Power. I went with the Touring' "stock-looking" oval can and double wall tip. I should be having it at my doorstep next week, so here's hoping they are indeed in the quiet side

Old 07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Yea I'm basically looking for a good looking, good priced, quite shiny tube.

I like hearing the noise in front of me, not behind me if you get what I'm saying.

If there isn't such a thing, stock shall stay I guess. When parked you can't even tell the car is on.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
Hey...my HKS is actually quite quiet...especially on the freeway. It is not noticeable at all from 55-70 unless I get up into the rpm range.
I travel in my car many miles with my family and they have never found it loud or annoying in any way.

When I get on it though...oh my it just sounds so wonderful--not ricey, just a nice deep, mellow tone.

Assaultech.com has them for $290 with free shipping.

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; 07-22-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Hey...my HKS is actually quite quiet...especially on the freeway. It is not noticeable at all from 55-70 unless I get up into the rpm range.
I travel in my car many miles with my family and they have never found it loud or annoying in any way.

When I get on it though...oh my it just sounds so wonderful--not ricey, just a nice deep, mellow tone.

Assaultech.com has them for $290 with free shipping.
My lord you're helpful.

I'd rep you if I had any rep power.

This may be the one I get. Because of your review, and also the killer price.

edit: Exactly, which exhaust system did you purchase from them?

Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
IMO, the best fitting exhaust for what you're looking for is the Tanabe touring.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 PM
After listening to a few more soundclips, I'm set on the HKS Hi-power.

Last few questions:

Any changes in gas mileage, good or bad?
Has it gotten you any negative attention?
How much (ballpark) did it cost to be installed?

And the dumbest question of them all, probably,
This won't void the warranty, right?

Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Just install it yourself and save the money. It is not hard whatsoever as it is 2 nuts and bolts. Put the car on jack-stands, take off your rear passenger wheel and have at it. You don't need a lift or a 2nd pair of hands. As soon as my damn exhaust arrives...come on already J's, I will be installing the mid-pipe and canister in my driveway.

It will not void your warranty, but it all depends on what your dealer wants to say, but the dealer is not the end of the line. If they try to say the exhaust caused the failure of whatever, then take it up the line to Honda Corporate.

Your question on gas mileage, well really that will come down to you and your driving habit after installing. You may end up liking the aural pleasure so much you lay your right foot into the accelerator more and well there goes your mileage.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Your question on gas mileage, well really that will come down to you and your driving habit after installing. You may end up liking the aural pleasure so much you lay your right foot into the accelerator more and well there goes your mileage.
Yea my gas mileage dropped and stayed low for about a week after I got my exhaust

But seriously, I had the same toss-up as you. HKS.vs.Touring.

I went Touring but the HKS is definitely a niece piece

Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Asking a serious question here.

If you want an exhaust to be as quiet as the stock exhaust, why not just keep the stock exhaust? Is it for the marginal HP gain? Exhaust tone change? Look?

Seriously, I am not trying to be a dick. I have toyed with getting an exhaust, but I am over the noisy stage. With the marginal HP gains, I have decided to stick with the stock exhaust. I just wanted to know if I was missing something in my decision making.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by peoples1234
Asking a serious question here.

If you want an exhaust to be as quiet as the stock exhaust, why not just keep the stock exhaust? Is it for the marginal HP gain? Exhaust tone change? Look?

Seriously, I am not trying to be a dick. I have toyed with getting an exhaust, but I am over the noisy stage. With the marginal HP gains, I have decided to stick with the stock exhaust. I just wanted to know if I was missing something in my decision making.
The answer to your question is in my previous posts.

-Looks better than stock
-Better backflow/reduced drag over stock (slight/SLIGHT hp gain.)

$290 for a midpipe-back exhaust system isn't half bad...at all.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Sir, trying to help here from my experience

Are you going to use cat back? or just the axleback? Pardon me for asking this, it seems to me you are looking for the axleback only.

If axleback is the case, you can definitelly go for the HKS SILENT HI POWER option as mentioned from one of the earlier posts.

As the name implies, it IS silent. The sound is barely noticable from the outside, and almost NONE from inside. I used the product up until now. Leaving you only with the "cool" look of the tip .

However, if you are planning to use the catback system, (tanabe is the one to go as far as I know since HKS only had axleback), there may be a change in DB level. I knew and heard it myself from my friends' fit with tanabe catback. For my taste, the higher DB is still completely acceptable but i leave this back to personal prefference.

Hope this help sir

Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Zack...you can always add a B-pipe later if you want it to be lower and/or want more flow.

I lost maybe 1-2mpg but that was from me loving to hear the sound and getting on it.

It does sound great, and I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Zackk

-Looks better than stock

Yea I missed the part about you wanting it for looks in your first post. Oh well, reading is overrated nowadays anyways.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Zackk

-Looks better than stock

If you want a better looking exhaust but still quiet just buy a tip (I have an s2k tip). I'm not buying a new exhaust until this one falls off. I'm not positive but if I remember right the aftermarket exhaust weight more than the stock...so actually your adding more drag if that's the case. Verify that though...I could be wrong on the weight.

$300 for less than 2 hp is not worth IMO.

Before

After

Old 07-23-2010, 10:52 AM
^^ nice tip indeed

but I do think the OP wants a quieter aftermarket exhaust than the typical attention getters.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
Straightpipe... $50. As I suggest to everyone, remove your axelback and see if you like the sound of the Fit with no muffler and just a resonator. It is awesome. pure awesome. it sounds like the exact opposite of rice.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
^^ you are correct

Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM
2010 Honda Fit Sport with Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust

YouTube - 2010 Honda Fit Sport with Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust

Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM

Quick Reply: '10 Fit Sport Exhaust Question