2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Best option for 2010 bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Question Best option for 2010 bluetooth?

Hello everyone. I've been lurking through the forums quite a bit over the past week researching different things on the new Fit. I know most forums hate first post questions so I'll try to duck away from the flying objects!

I totaled my '07 base Fit about a month ago and recently purchased a '10 Fit Sport w/ Navi... which I absolutely love! I had always kicked myself for not adding any options to the '07. Anyway, my (along with most of you as well) only major gripe is the lack of Bluetooth support.

I've looked around the forums and so far everything covers installing varying degrees of integrated hands free systems. One thing I haven't been able to find is weighing these systems against non-integrated Bluetooth options.

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as what out-of-the-box hands free kit works the best?

Thank you.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Parrot Minikit Slim which for me works great. it transferred all of my contacts from my phone and is loud and clear. It does Not integrate and mute the stereo when a call comes in but that's easy enough to do by pressing the power button or turning down the music. I can also take it from vehicle to vehicle and it can be upgraded by bluetooth from my phone.

~SB

Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Thank you, specboy.

How does the charging work on that unit? I get phone calls in my car, say, around 3 times a week and they usually only last a few minutes. I'm sure the battery lasts longer than that but what's your experience?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GreggBrain
Thank you, specboy.

How does the charging work on that unit? I get phone calls in my car, say, around 3 times a week and they usually only last a few minutes. I'm sure the battery lasts longer than that but what's your experience?
I usually talk to my wife on the ride home from work for about 5 minutes so it's likely to be the same as what you would use it for. My commute is about 40 minutes each direction and my phone is usually paired. I recharge about once every 2-4 weeks depending on how many times I forget to turn it off after getting out of the car. It takes a USB mini plug which is the same as many phones, cameras, devices and comes with a cigarette lighter charger. I usually take it in to work with me, plug it into the computer and then take it home at the end of the day, fully charged (when I need to charge it).

The only gripes I have about it are in regards to charging. The plug is too loose. I don't get that snug feeling when inserting it and because of the location of the charging plug, it's kind of a (minor) pain to plug in to charge while on the road. It also turns itself on every time you plug it in. That would be great if I had it hardwired (which I wanted to do but the plug location makes very difficult). If I'm able to hardwire it at some point with a plug that feels snug enough, this auto-turn on will be a feature instead of an annoyance.

Call quality is good and voice dialing is a breeze. There are two methods; alphabetical phone book look up using the knob and center button, or, Direct voice dialing by simply pressing the right hand button. This is not the voice dialing built into your cell phone but it's own built in voice recognition and saved phone book.

The one thing I haven't had time to really look at but have had work once or twice is the GPS from my Cell phone (garmin on win mobile 6.5) speaks over the speakerphone instead of from the built in phone speaker. this is mighty handy as the speakerphone is in a good place for this type of "audible".

~SB

Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I've got the Parrot 3200 in my HCH and love it, I will probably go with a 9200 on this now that I see they have a wire kit for it + it solves all the audio music problems
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...-free-car-kits

Old 07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
@mdr40z

That looks like an interesting unit, mainly because it doesn't look like it actually requires any modification other than removing panels and running the wiring.

My main concern about hard wiring units is the fact that I got my warranty extended to the life of the financing and I'd rather not void it. The Parrot 3200, as long as it only requires wiring, looks like it might be a great middle of the road (though I'm sure it still technically voids the warranty).

Old 07-19-2010, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GreggBrain
@mdr40z

That looks like an interesting unit, mainly because it doesn't look like it actually requires any modification other than removing panels and running the wiring.

My main concern about hard wiring units is the fact that I got my warranty extended to the life of the financing and I'd rather not void it. The Parrot 3200, as long as it only requires wiring, looks like it might be a great middle of the road (though I'm sure it still technically voids the warranty).
If everything has a harness, there should be no custom wiring necessary and only in the event that the Parrot unit actually Caused a problem (shorted out the system) would your warranty be voided. That is a slim... VERY SLIM chance of happening. The same could be said for a bad aftermarket stereo or a bad cell phone charger.

If I had the choice, I would have gone with the 9200 or 3200 but for portability (and as a gift), I love the minikit slim. I do wish I could hardwire it though.

~SB

Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
On my HCH it was a complete plug-n-play harness with the 3200 and there is ISO harness available for 2010 Fit so I'm sure it would not void the warranty