2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Starbucks Drinkers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
I use those stainless steel refillable water bottles. I have the wide mouth type & I load them with ice from the fridge. The a/c cup holder works fine for my smaller bottle, the larger bottle won't fit there, but does fit in the lower cup holder.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Dam really starbucks every day would get pricey right? Well i drink there every now and than they Fit fine. Also i see alot of people on here eat fast food. I wounder if you guys know how bad it really is for you. Im no health nut or not tyring to judge. But this is why America is the number 1 country for overweight people. Same thing with soda horrible for you. U can put a pice of metal in it and it will eat away at it. But enough with the healt talk. I guess im just very educated in this field its my job and passoin. If you need any advice on how to get into shape or what to eat let me know im always looking to help out people

Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
First of all- you bottled water drinkers need to stop it. Have you seen the floating plastic trash island in the Pacific? Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you are not familiar, you need to spend a few minutes reading the article, or any other hundreds of videos and other articles on the internet. You should be aware of what you are contributing to.

Kudos to you if you are recycling, but that only helps to a certain point, and recycling doesn't save you from the BPAs that you are ingesting.
Bisphenol A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, my family uses the stainless steel bottles, and the "cloudy" Nalgene 1L and .5L bottles. I was dissapointed to find that only 3 of the 10 cup holders could hold any of these bottles, and only the rear console holder can hold the 1L. I'm not comfortable using the dash cup holders yet, it just doesn't seem like a good idea, though I have had no problems. And, it is fantastic for keeping my milkshakes cold on the way home from the local burger shack!

A great idea would be to bring along your usual beverage containers when you go car shopping. Although, like the OP, I doubt it would have changed my mind about the Fit.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shegetstodriveit
First of all- you bottled water drinkers need to stop it. Have you seen the floating plastic trash island in the Pacific? Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you are not familiar, you need to spend a few minutes reading the article, or any other hundreds of videos and other articles on the internet. You should be aware of what you are contributing to.

Kudos to you if you are recycling, but that only helps to a certain point, and recycling doesn't save you from the BPAs that you are ingesting.
Bisphenol A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, my family uses the stainless steel bottles, and the "cloudy" Nalgene 1L and .5L bottles. I was dissapointed to find that only 3 of the 10 cup holders could hold any of these bottles, and only the rear console holder can hold the 1L. I'm not comfortable using the dash cup holders yet, it just doesn't seem like a good idea, though I have had no problems. And, it is fantastic for keeping my milkshakes cold on the way home from the local burger shack!

A great idea would be to bring along your usual beverage containers when you go car shopping. Although, like the OP, I doubt it would have changed my mind about the Fit.
Great point to bring up. I use only a bottle made of metal that is air tight to drink out of on the go. Bottle water is a waste of money and bad for every one. Glad to see ur helping this planet out

Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Well--I don't have a Starbucks too close--but I put Large Sonic, McD's, Whataburger and Dairy Queen cups in my top (near the ac vent) cupholder.
Tsk tsk

I make my own coffee at home and drink it while reading about the Freaks at my desk. I refuse to piss away money at Tim Hortons.

My water comes out of a tap through a Brita filter into my re-usable bottle.

Water bottle fits nice is the dash holder on the left.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Same thing with soda horrible for you. U can put a pice of metal in it and it will eat away at it.
same with water!

The main problem with sodas is simply over consumption- gluttony.
If you want to criticise, read up on the artificial sweetners that are used. Many theorists believe these artificial chemicals are misinterpreted by the body (since they are not real food) and are not digested properly and sends false information about the food you are eating to the rest of the body.

Search for drinks that use real cane sugar, not High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspertaime, etc (it's not easy!).

Last edited by shegetstodriveit; 07-14-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Great point to bring up. I use only a bottle made of metal that is air tight to drink out of on the go. Bottle water is a waste of money and bad for every one. Glad to see ur helping this planet out
Kudos to you to.

While I'm no saint, nor do I pretend to be an eco super hero... there are really easy things we can all do to help out, with little or no change to our daily lives. Knowledge is the first step, and its free!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
One thing wrong with 99% of prepared drinks

CORN
they even put it in our fuel
WHY

Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
One thing wrong with 99% of prepared drinks

CORN
they even put it in our fuel

WHY

King Corn

Have you seen this movie? If not, be prepared to be let down by the government machine, again.

Corn sucks

(except when grilled in the husk over coals, and smothered in butter! )

Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
I much prefer my local city tap water to the bottled water out there--does anyone know where it even comes from? Plus you can put lots of ice in the bottle & it will stay cold for a long time.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
King Corn

Have you seen this movie? If not, be prepared to be let down by the government machine, again.

Corn sucks

or popped !

Old 07-14-2010, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Barista here

Old 07-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Mine comes right out of the ground about 15' out in the back yard. Delicious. I just fill up the camelback w/ icy cold right out of the faucet.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 PM
King Corn

Corn sucks

FOOD Inc. is another eye opener. Should be required viewing in every sixth grade. Imagine the outcry if that sort of thing started happening!!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
same with water!

The main problem with sodas is simply over consumption- gluttony.
If you want to criticise, read up on the artificial sweetners that are used. Many theorists believe these artificial chemicals are misinterpreted by the body (since they are not real food) and are not digested properly and sends false information about the food you are eating to the rest of the body.

Search for drinks that use real cane sugar, not High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspertaime, etc (it's not easy!).
Actually it's pretty easy. My wife and I have cut HFCS out of almost everything we eat. It's in everything - check out the bread Aisle the next time you are at the store - but once you figure out a few brands that don't use it, it's quite easy. As for Soda, we dont drink much but we do buy a 4 pack of Natural Brew Root Beer and Gingerale. (Used to buy 2-3 bottles of schweppes a week but not anymore.) We now buy alot of Newman's Own beverages and condiments/dressings, Koffee Kup Breads (local here in VT) and a number of other items. Fortunately for us, we have a few CoOPs here and they have a huge amount of all natural, organic, etc... foods and as long as you watch the sales, you can get it at prices lower than grocery stores.

We haven't cut it out of our lives completely but pretty much for the most part, it's not part of our diet.

We also use Britta filters, and Stainless water bottles, and try to live healthier. My wife Puree's veggies and adds them things lilke burgers, Mac & Cheese, etc... (you'd be surprised how good blueberries and spinich are in burgers).

~SB

Old 07-14-2010, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Man its great to see so many people doing good for them selfs. Its just so much healthyer to eat right. Thats the building block of our body is our daily intake

Old 07-14-2010, 07:53 PM
skip lunch... not breakfast

Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
skip lunch... not breakfast
Animals don't live by starvation... they die.

Eat small, healthy portions frequently (I eat every two hours). My metabolism is insane right now and I have hypothyroidism.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 PM
always best not to skip full meals but if just might be the case... I'd rather skip lunch than breakfast. The longest hours that you are without food is from dinner til you wake up in the morning.
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
My metabolism is insane right now and I have hypothyroidism.
we're on the same camp... lost 128lbs off the bat, I look scary. Got the glands nuked last May and all is well so far... no hint of hypo.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Animals don't live by starvation... they die.

Eat small, healthy portions frequently (I eat every two hours). My metabolism is insane right now and I have hypothyroidism.
Regular food intake helps to lasso's it, right?

The first part cracks me up_

Quick Reply: Starbucks Drinkers