2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Odd and Annoying Tailgating

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
Slow drivers just have to let quick drivers pass and everyone will be happy.
Yes but that what the left lane is for, not the 1 lane. If you have the guts to speed dont hide in the 1st lane.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Same ever where and different every day.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Yes but that what the left lane is for, not the 1 lane. If you have the guts to speed dont hide in the 1st lane.
There aren't multiple lanes everywhere.
Some people sometimes are driving slow looking for an adress or just crusing below speed limits and stay right on the middle of the street.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
There aren't multiple lanes everywhere.
Some people sometimes are driving slow looking for an adress or just crusing below speed limits and stay right on the middle of the street.
Agreed, know what you are talking about.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
I find most morons who can't drive for shit and must be passed at the safest available time, do so because-

- An incredible amount of self importance

- Cell phone distraction

- They really love to fuck with you. I mean, they really do. If they can make you their bitch, their day is made.

- Everone is ultra concerned about saving on gas, so they drive slow now. Shame they didn't consider that when purchasing the overblown gas guzzling pig of a piece of shit in the first place. Now WE have to suffer so they can save an ounce of gas driving slower? I think not. Bye.

- Cell phone distraction

- Cell phone distraction

- Age. I know I'm getting older now too, but if I hit the roads when I'm 75 and drive 30 mph in a 45 or higher, you have permission to not only pass me, but shoot me and put me out of my misery. If your reaction time has gotten so bad that you don't feel safe driving over 40 mph, you need to stop driving immediately.

- They honest to god just can't drive. This makes up much of the driving population now.

My whole driving career I've been patient and considerate. I'd like to continue being that way but these days you just can't be a sucker any longer. You simply won't get anywhere in under double the time it would normally take you. I'm through being a bitch for the self absorbed.

Move over.

In my Fit, no less. Hehehe.

Dan

Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I find most morons who can't drive for shit and must be passed at the safest available time, do so because-

- An incredible amount of self importance

- Cell phone distraction

- They really love to fuck with you. I mean, they really do. If they can make you their bitch, their day is made.

- Everone is ultra concerned about saving on gas, so they drive slow now. Shame they didn't consider that when purchasing the overblown gas guzzling pig of a piece of shit in the first place. Now WE have to suffer so they can save an ounce of gas driving slower? I think not. Bye.

- Cell phone distraction

- Cell phone distraction

- Age. I know I'm getting older now too, but if I hit the roads when I'm 75 and drive 30 mph in a 45 or higher, you have permission to not only pass me, but shoot me and put me out of my misery. If your reaction time has gotten so bad that you don't feel safe driving over 40 mph, you need to stop driving immediately.

- They honest to god just can't drive. This makes up much of the driving population now.

My whole driving career I've been patient and considerate. I'd like to continue being that way but these days you just can't be a sucker any longer. You simply won't get anywhere in under double the time it would normally take you. I'm through being a bitch for the self absorbed.

Move over.

In my Fit, no less. Hehehe.

Dan
I agree I went 75 mph in first lane on the way to work and still getting passed like I am standing still.
I see your from NY so you have first hand experience of city driving. I drive a 48' trailer in Chicago. So I only care what in front of me and too stay in my lane.
Bicycle riders piss me off especially on a 45 mph state highway.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
On a flip note, have any of yall considered movin out of the city? No traffic out here.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
wait till a semi truck gets road rage and rams your car multiple times.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
*sigh* why did I respond to that poster... *shivers*

in any case... while I know it's a fact of life... "it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round," it doesn't mean I can swallow it any easier.

There's always going to be some dumbF*** that decides to pull some stupid shit. like:

come from far behind, going some 20 mph faster than you, only to cut you off and then brake... then hold that position for the next couple of miles, while the rest of traffic is moving faster.

some stupid a**wipe that thinks they, in their "Mercedes E-class" or Ford "Expedition" thinking they OWN the road and so they'll drive in TWO lanes... or better yet, across the median lines. And they expect YOU to move over in a small two-way road. BTW, each of my two brothers' own a Mercedes... I still hate Mercs, Beemers and Audis with a PASSION.

Like Shockwave199 mentioned about older folks... if you're having trouble driving "properly"... and that includes nearly ramming into me (and every other car) while I'm waiting for my light to go.... you really shouldn't be driving.

I mean, what is it, with these stupid A-- SUV drivers in the burbs that they think they can drive in the middle of a two-way with oncoming cars?!? I drove a Pathfinder for the last two years... and not once did I WANT to stay in the middle. Every opportunity I get, I make sure there's room for other drivers, even if there aren't any other drivers at the moment.

I really hate local drivers... I'm going 40 mph in a 30 (5 over speed limit is a given, 10 over is my limit, locally. 15 for highway). And yet, the front of your car is less than a car length away from me. I mean, REALLY?!? Do you think your tailgating would "pressure" me to go faster or something? I usually think two things at times like this. Are you blind or stupid? If there's a car in front of me... it's better that you back up, lest we all be VERY unhappy suddenly. If there's no car in front of me... why don't you just pass me and get on your freaking way, pea brain.

Last edited by Goobers; 07-15-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
If there is a car in front of you then you should pass him.

I hate when people reach the car in front of them but don't pass it for some reason (not enough slow, too lazy to pass, feel like it's dangerous to pass). After a while there are 5-10 cars following in lane, so it's now impossible to pass so many cars in one time, since they all tailgate, you can pass one or two and go back in your lane before a car coming from the other way arrives.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
95% of the time I use cruise control when I drive. I'd like to hack up an LCD pannel that says. "I am in Cruise Control at XX MPH" and put it in my rear window. Maybe I should make one that hooks up to the OBD port and make millions...

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 07-15-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
I still want to know the story behind this.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
I just wanted to add to this subject by saying that the LED tails seemed to have made people pay a bit more attention to my braking. I was following a GE recently and sort of thought to myself, "no wonder." It just doesn't have an assertive presence with them so low and dim. The LEDs are a bit brighter and come on quickly and I think startle the person behind you into covering their brake. This subtle level of psychology can pay off in the real world imo. *knocks on wood*

Old 07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
They wont if they want to keep their jobs new rules keep them from tailgating. We are the most regulated non regulated workers out there.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Smile It does seem to happen

more often in my Fit, although I still would get tailgaters in my Supercharged Vanden Plas...but it had rear fog lights that were really bright, so when people would tailgate that car I would flip those on and people would go around...anyone install rear fog lights on their Fit?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
You should put a sticker say "Hit me, I need money". Hahaha.