2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

keyless entry for base

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:42 PM
keyless entry for base

I want to report that I am very happy with the remote key I got for around $40 dollars. I cut the key part off and easily programmed it in about 5 minutes. Now it is a nice key fob that will lock, unlock and sound the horn when I want to. I am very happy. I do not know why they would not just supply the key fob at purchase for a base car. Any thing to move you into the more expensive model.

thanks
rick

Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Keyless entry for base

Originally Posted by ricks
I want to report that I am very happy with the remote key I got for around $40 dollars. I cut the key part off and easily programmed it in about 5 minutes. Now it is a nice key fob that will lock, unlock and sound the horn when I want to. I am very happy. I do not know why they would not just supply the key fob at purchase for a base car. Any thing to move you into the more expensive model.

thanks
rick

Do you need Honda Diagnostic equipment to program the key? or can you do it yourself? I saw a unit in the internet with pdf manual posted, but it looked like you needed special software and/or connection to do the programming. Thanks.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Keyless entry

I got the key from College Hills Honda. I cut the key part off and followed instructions to program it. Very easy. You turn the ignition on and off about 4 times and push on the lock button of the key each time. You can hear the door locks click on the the 4th cycle and you are done. Watch the video. Works great. The consol arm rest worked out well also. I have the base with MT.
later
rick

Old 07-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Fitodrive
Do you need Honda Diagnostic equipment to program the key? or can you do it yourself? I saw a unit in the internet with pdf manual posted, but it looked like you needed special software and/or connection to do the programming. Thanks.
all you ever need is this thread. read the first 3 page, or a few more for fun

Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Keyless entry for base

Originally Posted by ricks
I got the key from College Hills Honda. I cut the key part off and followed instructions to program it. Very easy. You turn the ignition on and off about 4 times and push on the lock button of the key each time. You can hear the door locks click on the the 4th cycle and you are done. Watch the video. Works great. The consol arm rest worked out well also. I have the base with MT.
later
rick
I got the key from College Honda (35111-SWA-306). Is that the right one? I tried programming as in the podcast ( Key to II position, press lock, key off... repeat 4 times), but it did not work. I tried several times. I noticed there is a faint click when I turn the ignition from the I position to the II position, which is there whether or not I am programming. The first time I tried programming, there was a louder click on the 4th cycle, but the doors did not lock. Later tries at programming did not duplicate the louder click. I even spoke to a service tech at College Hills Honda by phone and he walked me through the same process without success. He said the base unit may be missing the receiver, but that conflicts the success that others have reported. Any ideas of what I may be missing? Does it depend on how the door opening is set when the car is stopped, such as opening on going to park instead of opening when turning the ignition off?