2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

my first mod just shipped in!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:06 PM
my first mod just shipped in!!

so i just got my oem window visors and weather mats from collegehillshonda.com =] my first upgrade! hahaha

im working today so i havent had time to install yet but i will post pics up asap when i do

also, a quick noob question, window tints are installed on the inside of the glass correct? so i dont gotta worry about getting tints first before i install em? =X

Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phuccer
so i just got my oem window visors and weather mats from collegehillshonda.com =] my first upgrade! hahaha

im working today so i havent had time to install yet but i will post pics up asap when i do

also, a quick noob question, window tints are installed on the inside of the glass correct? so i dont gotta worry about getting tints first before i install em? =X
Well, there's at least one how-to that shows installation using the outside of the glas to cut the tint into shape before installing it on the inside.

But, I'm sure the installer can work around it.

Personally, I'd think about getting the tint first of you're going to do both around the same time.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, window tints are installed on the inside of the glass and installers use the outside of the glass to cut the tint to shape like Goobers said. And like Goobers, I think you would be better off doing the tint first.

But, I also think you should wait a week or so after the tint to allow it to adhere to the glass properly because you will need to lower the window and (re)move the window gasket to get the visors in if they have clips.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
um tint first, more convenient for the tint shop

Old 06-19-2010, 01:11 AM
U pay the tint shop to do it lol who cares what's more covenent unless it's your friend also they cut extra all the way around and trim after it's on or if they r hi tech they use a plotter and cut the exact size needed anyway it dose not matter what order u do it in I would so what ever I have first unless u have the money then I would still put the visers on cuz I hate having stuff like that chilling in the house when it should be on the car lol I just wanted to share my mispelled two cents cuz I seem to be the only one that is offering this side lol

Old 06-19-2010, 04:56 AM
lol i do have the money to tint right away, and my friends brother knows the best tinting place in the area so ill probably just go get it tinted first lol thanks for the input guys ^^ besides knowing that they use the outside to cut the shape, i think it would result in a better tint job?