2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Top 5 reasons I still love my Fit…

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Top 5 reasons I still love my Fit…

5. Already insane gas mileage is only getting better with time.

4. Found good use for 80% of the cup holders. Give me a little more time and I'll make it 100%.

3. Car is so narrow that with some strategic parking techniques, you stand a good chance of avoiding door dings.

2. Fit + back roads = going to the dentist just got a little more pleasant.

And the # 1 reason…I'm still smiling every time I drive it.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
in no particular order.

-gas mileage
-curvy roads
-interior space
-looks sexy
-not expensive to fix

plus many other reasons

Old 06-11-2010, 11:25 AM
42 mpg from DC to PGH....and thats not a flat road

Old 06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Ditto I love my fit. I have a 370z Nismo. The fits my DD. Honestly I do more mods and things to the fit then my Z. The fit holds my bike in the rear, and my kayak on top. So whenever I feel like heading off onto the trail, or the lake. I am free to do so. The Z is just my pure road machine. Overall there both nice but the fit is still a great car. After owning an 07 si and an 05 s2000. I would choose the fit as a DD any day. For plenty of reasons.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
I've owned my 09 since oct 2008. I still do not have a single door ding. 30k and going strong. The rear hatch area on the other hand... with bikes going in and out should have gotten that little strip protector. Other then when I parked on the street and my passenger got out and nailed the cement curb with the door... (ooouch)

Originally Posted by know-nothin
5. Already insane gas mileage is only getting better with time.

4. Found good use for 80% of the cup holders. Give me a little more time and I'll make it 100%.

3. Car is so narrow that with some strategic parking techniques, you stand a good chance of avoiding door dings.

2. Fit + back roads = going to the dentist just got a little more pleasant.

And the # 1 reason…I'm still smiling every time I drive it.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Given the price and the market, the fit was the best choice for me.

If I had access to the european market then it would be a whole different story though.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:32 PM
The gas mileage is definitely getting better. Now I'm also a lot better trained at maintaining it, but recently the readout has been keeping my average around 51 mpg. My actual mpg has been mid 40's. (I drive 80 miles (mostly flat back country or highway) 1 way to work.)

I really try not to beat too hard on the car, but it is fun in the corners. I usually only open the throttle fully when I merge onto the highway, but if I wasn't concerned with the car lasting for 250-300k I'd probably fool around more often.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
The Fit is one of those cars where you can drive the nuts out of and still have loads of fun on your favorite back road or track without wondering "Oh bollocks we're going too fast".

That it's also cheap to run, small, roomy, and acts like a Swiss Army knife to swallow loads of ridiculous shapes...I have only two words for it: design genius.

The only cars that come close to its mix of talents are the original VW Beetle and 1959-2001 BMC/Austin Mini, in my honest opinion.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
The Fit is one of those cars where you can drive the nuts out of and still have loads of fun on your favorite back road or track without wondering "Oh bollocks we're going too fast".

That it's also cheap to run, small, roomy, and acts like a Swiss Army knife to swallow loads of ridiculous shapes...I have only two words for it: design genius.

The only cars that come close to its mix of talents are the original VW Beetle and 1959-2001 BMC/Austin Mini, in my honest opinion.
We think alike, in my honest opinion..... I think geographic location and cultural influences from growing up in the 50s and 60s has had an influence on my desire to increase the performance of all of my vehicles....I am thankful that Honda engines require less attention and are more rugged than air cooled Beetles and anything British.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
We think alike, in my honest opinion..... I think geographic location and cultural influences from growing up in the 50s and 60s has had an influence on my desire to increase the performance of all of my vehicles....I am thankful that Honda engines require less attention and are more rugged than air cooled Beetles and anything British.
Same boat as you, only after getting tired of cursing everything Bosch or Lucas I discovered the sheer beauty of an Italian sports car when I picked up a 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce. Mechanical fuel injection two seater convertible. It's why I stopped riding a bike. Nice to have that someone sitting next to you and not hanging on behind..

It's really hard to compare anything today to those classic rides of our youth. I really don't miss nor do I have the time for all the attention they required.

I'm loving my FIT for being a state of the art motor vehicle. I marvel at the technology built into the little beast. And it is as much fun to play with as it is to drive.

K_C_

Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
my personal 5:

1. Quiet car. I can use my cell phone in the car FINALLY (previous vehical had long tube headers and BOV)
2. Stock Ride Height (FINALLY I can finally pull into shopping centers and do groceries)
3. Fit 4 (even 5 people, which my previous car sucked at doing comfortably)
4. Oil Change at almost 10k miles instead of 3k
5. 20bux for a full tank of gas (because the fit only has a 10 gallon tank)