2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Need floor mats.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Need floor mats.

Just got my 2010 Fit not too long ago. I did not order the floor mats. I was thinking of getting these:
WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit ® - 2010 Honda Fit - WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt
or these:
WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Floor Mats All-Weather - 2010 Honda Fit - All-Weather Car Floor Mats by WeatherTech - traps water, road salt, mud and sand

I want something that will hold melted snow and dirt. Any ideas? I'd really rather not spend much of anything on these. I'm temped to visit my local Wal-Mart.

Update: 8/10/21. I went with cheap ones for a while and got what I paid for. My carpets up front are dirty. However.... I quickly upgraded to the full WeatherTech listed in the first link. LOVE THEM. After 11 years of ownership, the carpets are in great shape. When my wife got a new car, I went and spent the money on WeatherTech for her car before the carpets could get dirty. My adivce to anyone looking at this post is to spend the money. It will save you hassle in the long run and help retain resale value.
Note: I live in Michigan where we get lots of snow and lay down lots of salt to melt that snow. If you live in a similar environment, get good floor mats!

Last edited by AirborneRATT; 08-10-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
You have PM.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 PM
AirborneRatt,

Your first choice in mats is an excellent choice, I have them in another Honda and love them!

Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 AM
i like the OEM honda all season mats, they are awesome quality.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
I'm still happy with these if you want to go cheap.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...at-option.html

Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM
OEM's are perfectly good, however, looking at your first choice I would say they verge on over-kill but that might be a really good thing come foul winter weather. Those bad boys give you total coverage. Coulda-shoulda-woulda but I've already got the Honda all-weathers, oh well....
K_C_

Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I have all season mats, However I lived up north in Michigan when i first bought my fit. And the snow/salt mixture chewed through the area of rug. Now it appears to be a hard crusty surface that wont come out with water. So I suggest if you have the same conditions get those mats in you link.

Since then I have moved to Texas, and the all seasons work great. Love them over carpet a lot. If your lucky I'll go snap a pic of the crusty carpet for you.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Ok so I could not resist. I had to help a fellow freak out, and share my experience with this situation.

And there you have it. If you have a salt/snow mixture and it gets deep fast. I suggest those mats. And this was only the first 4 months I owned the Fit, of course knocking my feet together everytime I got in the car. If you don't live in that condition. Honda OEM is fine. Texas does not give the OEM mats a single issue at all.

Last edited by mdbrich; 06-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
If you didnt want to spend the money, you could get some wal mart brand. And buy some grey garbage bags and line the carpet and side carpet area. That would prevent it as well during winter.... That might be worth saving 150 bucks

Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
mdbrich, i got my white salt-stains out with a solution of hot water and hot white vinegar. put on with wet sponge, blot up with towels. all gone! but blot, don't rub. that carpet is delicate.

i, too, have the OEM all season mats and the salty water just rolled down off my shoes and under the edges of the mats.

OP -someone else on the board said they loved the weathertech liners but they seemed to be wearing through the carpet underneath in strange ways. just a consideration...they are kinda expensive.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I have the OEM all-season mats in the front and the Weathertech FloorLiner DigitalFit 2nd row in the back. I love the weathertech in the back. They are holding up great and do a great job at covering the center hump and keeping the floor clean.
The OEM mats in the front do not hold snow and dirt very well. I too had salt stains in the carpet like mdbrich pictures but a little brush and all-purpose non toxic carpet cleaner and a shop vac will take it right out.

If it was me I would just get the Weathertech Floor liner digitalfit front and back. Just a better design imo.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
I am gonna go give it a shot... not sure how well it will work. its been sitting like that for 1.5 years already.

Originally Posted by cmj912
mdbrich, i got my white salt-stains out with a solution of hot water and hot white vinegar. put on with wet sponge, blot up with towels. all gone! but blot, don't rub. that carpet is delicate.

i, too, have the OEM all season mats and the salty water just rolled down off my shoes and under the edges of the mats.

OP -someone else on the board said they loved the weathertech liners but they seemed to be wearing through the carpet underneath in strange ways. just a consideration...they are kinda expensive.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Ok new pic, cleaned out the stains. Worked pretty well. Only other concern I have in this situation is, if the carpet is weak and gets crusty, would the salt seep to the metal below. It could start eating through that in time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
If your carpet is constantly soaked through in the winter with salty water, there could be some rust I suppose eventually. I've only been through 1 winter with my car so only time will tell. All I know is that stuff is strong enough to make my dog pick her paws clear up off the ground if she happens to accidentally get some on her.

From the look of them, the Weathertech trays will definitely keep the carpets from getting wet which is why I liked them. Expensive though.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 PM
my subaru has nice OEM all weather matts. They work OK, but the snow/salt puddle in the bottom of the matt would slosh over the rear corners and make a heart breaking mess in the carpet.

for the fit, we over spent our budget and went with the weather tech digital fit trays in the front only. We were so impressed that we overs pent the budget AGAIN to get the second row, even though we will hardly need to use its benefits.

So far they have handled sand and dirt well, as expected. This winter will be my first with the fit, but I expect the tray to hold the slosh.

and since they drop in with a perfect fit, I also feel as though it has been easier for me to take them out, clean them, and drop them back in then a regular floor matt. Not a big deal, but I simply feel as though this is a great product.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:47 PM
My Honda all-season mat on the driver's side wore through where my heel rests in only a year (@6000 miles). If they only sold the driver's side mat, I'd stick with Honda but they don't. Right now I'm debating the Weathertech DigitalFit or the Honda Carpet mats. Any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
No brainer - Digi over Honda Carpet any day.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Agreed. EBay listings of used Honda Fits that show the carpet mats with some miles on them kinda prove they aren't the most durable things in the world.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Given that you live in Michigan, I wouldn't go with anything less than the Weathertech liners. They catch all sorts of crap; lift them out, clean with some soap and a stiff brush, and they are as good as new. The only problem with them is that some people have reported a gap on the outside edge. Mine did this, and the gap got worse over 9 months. I fixed the gap with a 6" long strip of 2" wide heavy duty black velcro, which really holds them in place, is invisible, and unlike double-sided tape, is amenable to removing for cleaning.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Those images you posted look sweet, but that is pricey. I bought a complete set of Goodyear all weather floor mats from target for about 40 bucks. There are good quality and they fit well. It may not be OEM, but they work.

Quick Reply: Need floor mats.