2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

my exhaust ticket update......

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by occam
is there a curve to create extra backpressure?
lol !

Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
wow fitisbamf you still don't get it Name:  nutkick.gif
Views: 54
Size:  13.4 KB

Old 06-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned
You do realize you're not a drifter right?

You drive a near stock Honda Fit with the dumbest exhaust in the world

Please try getting off the internet bandwagon once

Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
^hahahahahah
look at the first thread he posted on this.

We tried to tell him that.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm waiting both for the lawsuit for negligence, and for the exhaust to rust out from rain.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
you have to take a lotta shit for your exhaust. lol im gonna say i like it but would never do it. sooo funny. i like the fact that you did it anyways and still continue to have it and face confrontation about it all day probly. haha greatness ^_^

Old 06-04-2010, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
I have to admit that I am impressed with the originality of his snorkel type exhaust....I can see where it would be an useful modification when driving through a low water crossing, a flash flood, or when on a boat ramp launching a boat or personal water craft... The coolest thing is that all the cop had on him is that his car is truly different... Lots of people spend a lot more trying to be different and still look mainstream...... The man is a true outlaw.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
I'm waiting both for the lawsuit for negligence, and for the exhaust to rust out from rain.
you would think that the rain would get in there and rot that bend out in no time at all.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
you have to take a lotta shit for your exhaust. lol im gonna say i like it but would never do it. sooo funny. i like the fact that you did it anyways and still continue to have it and face confrontation about it all day probly. haha greatness ^_^
agreed. what happened to "different strokes for different folks?"

why rag on the OP? god forbid he does a modification on his own car for his own satisfaction.

i haven't seen too much haterade on this forum but some folks are jumping on the bandwagon for this one.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
You can fix the rust problem really easy, just drill a hole in the bottom.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
You can fix the rust problem really easy, just drill a hole in the bottom.
I put an empty can over the stack on my tractor.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I put an empty can over the stack on my tractor.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
agreed. what happened to "different strokes for different folks?"

why rag on the OP? god forbid he does a modification on his own car for his own satisfaction.

i haven't seen too much haterade on this forum but some folks are jumping on the bandwagon for this one.
I think that exposed high temp metal is a legitimate safety hazard. Something that could give very damaging burns to anyone passing by in the parking lot strikes me as a reasonable thing to object to.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
If anyone is that close to my car they deserve to get burned..... I guess all of the yuppies that have gotten old and bought Harley-Davidsons are now a hazard to others as well.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If anyone is that close to my car they deserve to get burned..... I guess all of the yuppies that have gotten old and bought Harley-Davidsons are now a hazard to others as well.
You never park in a parking lot?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
You never park in a parking lot?
Not very often and then either far from other cars or in a handicapped parking spot.... I see the tow rings that some people have on their cars or bumper guards more likely to harm someone because they are more difficult to see than a pair of vertically mounted chrome exhaust pipes...... Why would someone want to walk so close to a car that takes up such a small amount of a parking space anyway? I have owned a few motorcycles with up swept exhaust pipes and I can't recall anyone ever being burned by them and they were on air cooled engines that get very hot.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
My biggest concern would be proximity to the hatch. someone loading or unloading (or having a small child around the car) is well within a decent proximity to get burned. what i needs is a hole riddled heat shield to go around the whole thing... like many stacks on trucks (or sidepipes on some cars).

~SB

Old 06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
it doesnt rust i use stuff to stop it from doing that haha but so what if my exhaust is like that i kno im not a drifter but hey there was another fit who was sliding around and he didnt have boso pipes so why dont you bust on him?

i have drifted(still do) i have had rx7's 240sx's i have driven ae86's(sr5 and gts) s2ks mustangs trucks exc exc i have driven the most out of any1 i kno and i have drifted all those cars without boso pipes so just because a car has/ doesnt have boso pipes doesnt mean it drifts. all the boso vans and cars i see dont focus too much on drifting alot of them pick cars that have unique looks and i think my fit looks great with pipes like this because it has a wierd and unique look to it.

so i will still keep my pipes even if you tell me its stupid..... i think paying 200+$ for hks high power axle back is stupid all you do is buy your parts and dont get me wrong any modded car is cool but i think that i can make a cooler car for cheaper and people willnt walk up and be like "hey i got the same exhaust on my car" cuz that shit happened all the time with my 240 and rx7

Old 06-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
Is there a curve to create extra backpressure?
it follows down most the stock path but at the end i loop undewr the axle for more flow and then it follows where the muffer would be then bends up and out

Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
You get an A++++ for originality from me.

Quick Reply: my exhaust ticket update......