2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Floor Mats

I just got a set of Lloyd's floor mats. They are nice and thick and fit very well. But since I didn't have the Honda mats I don't have the anchors on the driver's side. So I went to the parts desk at the dealer to see if I could buy just the anchors. I wasn't too hopeful, but they are available for $5.30 apiece. So I ordered a couple and should have them tomorrow.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Lou. Thank you for sharing. Pics please

Last edited by jondotcom; 06-04-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
I got the anchors after lunch today. The holes in the Lloyd's mat are too small and round. The anchors I got are the ones that lock with a 1/4 turn. Are those right for the 2010?

I guess I'll have to look at modifying the anchors or the mat.

I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by loubob57
I got the anchors after lunch today. The holes in the Lloyd's mat are too small and round. The anchors I got are the ones that lock with a 1/4 turn. Are those right for the 2010?

I guess I'll have to look at modifying the anchors or the mat.

I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.
Those are what my 2010 has, came with my mats. I'll be interested in your solution cause I would like to anchor the passanger side mat as well aqnd not sure how to go.
K_C_

Old 06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Here's a pic of the mat. I went with black on purpose even though graphite would have been a better color match.

Notice the holes are round and kinda small.
Here's an anchor.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey, loubob.......thanks for the private message reply which, essentially, contains the info you've provided above. And thanks for the pics you've now given us.

What Lloyd Mats has done is to place eyelets in their floormats which are too small to work with the 2010 Fit drivers side floor anchors put in by Honda. I called them on Tuesday last to let them know about this problem....said they'd get back to me, but as of today, late Friday, I've heard nothing.

If I get anything more out of them, I'll post the info here.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by philyc
Hey, loubob.......thanks for the private message reply which, essentially, contains the info you've provided above. And thanks for the pics you've now given us.

What Lloyd Mats has done is to place eyelets in their floormats which are too small to work with the 2010 Fit drivers side floor anchors put in by Honda. I called them on Tuesday last to let them know about this problem....said they'd get back to me, but as of today, late Friday, I've heard nothing.

If I get anything more out of them, I'll post the info here.
The eyelets also need to be oblong or rectangular to work correctly with the twist locks. I may have to wait before cutting anything up to hear what they tell you.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:37 PM
In again speaking to Lloyd Mats today (06/07/10), the answer I was given as to why I'd not heard anything further from them was that "one of their pattern people was still working on locating a vehicle which would allow them to see why their floor mat anchor openings are not working with the 2010 Honda Fit."

I just gotta ask myself (and you guys, too) though, if you're trying to find some Honda Fits to see what the floor mat anchor posts look like, how difficult can it be to find loads of dealerships in the Northridge, CA (Lloyd's location) locale of the Greater Los Angeles area?

But, all I can do at this point is wait to hear more from the experts

Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
I also emailed the photos above to the vendor I bought the mats from. I assume they'll forward them on to Lloyd's. Perhaps between me and philyc we'll get them to correct this. I don't really seem to have any sliding issues even without the anchors, so I'm not in a big hurry.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't heard anything yet so I emailed customer service at Lloyd's and included a picture of the anchor.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
After exhanging a few emails with Lloyd's customer service they are sending me the Lloyd's anchors which should fit the holes in the mat. I'll post a pic when they arrive.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, loubob57..........What you wind up getting from Lloyds will certainly be interesting to me. Just yesterday I received a call from the company through which I bought the mats. This company has been working with Lloyds on my behalf to try and resolve the problem. What my purchase company's finally been told is that Lloyds has only the too-small "eyelets" which they placed in the drivers side mat they sent to me. "If" Lloyds had somewhat larger eyelets which they could have sent me in a replacement mat, I might have been able to figure out a way to fit it over Honda's in-the-floor anchor posts. So, yes indeed, I definitely want to see what they wind up sending you. Thank you so much for your help so far.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
This is interesting...let us know when you get anchors or find a solution.

I like these mats and they may be an alternative for when my drivers mat begins looking like crap.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
I got the anchors from Lloyd's a couple of weeks ago. But I was on vacation last week, and this week I was just to lazy to post pictures. But anyway here they are ...

The anchors install by poking a hole in the existing flooring and screwing in about 6 turns. I thought the gas tank hump was going to prevent the turning, but I just lifted the anchor up a bit on each revolution and it worked out OK.

Here they are installed.

And the final product.

I've driven with them for a week now and they haven't shifted or pulled out yet.

Last edited by loubob57; 07-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Nice going, loubob......you're almost a Hero (to some of us anyway). At least you got satisfaction, whereas my going through the company from which I bought these mats, didn't result in anything---altho they told me they'd talked to Lloyds a few times.

Anyway, perhaps I'll have to take your approach and get your style anchors. Oh, you said earlier you were going to email Lloyd customer service. I was able to find their website but could find no link to an email address. Can you provide that here? Thanks.

I had preordered floor mats from my dealer, so their Honda's different-style anchors were installed when I picked up the car. Obviously, again, those in-floor anchors don't fit Lloyd mats. So, I'd have to remove them to put in the type you were given. Not a problem to do, but you mentioned: "poking a hole in the existing flooring." I'm assuming you meant the top carpeting and any under carpet padding----and not having to go through the metal floor pan. Right?

Thanks, again, for all your shared efforts.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by philyc
Nice going, loubob......you're almost a Hero (to some of us anyway). At least you got satisfaction, whereas my going through the company from which I bought these mats, didn't result in anything---altho they told me they'd talked to Lloyds a few times.

Anyway, perhaps I'll have to take your approach and get your style anchors. Oh, you said earlier you were going to email Lloyd customer service. I was able to find their website but could find no link to an email address. Can you provide that here? Thanks.

I had preordered floor mats from my dealer, so their Honda's different-style anchors were installed when I picked up the car. Obviously, again, those in-floor anchors don't fit Lloyd mats. So, I'd have to remove them to put in the type you were given. Not a problem to do, but you mentioned: "poking a hole in the existing flooring." I'm assuming you meant the top carpeting and any under carpet padding----and not having to go through the metal floor pan. Right?

Thanks, again, for all your shared efforts.
I emailed them at customerservice@lloydmats.com

You're correct that the plastic screws just go through the stock carpet/padding. I tried installing them without poking a hole first but that floorpan covering is some tough stuff! One thing might be of concern for you, if the Lloyd anchors need to screw into the area that's cut out for the Honda anchors ... I just took a look and it'll be pretty close. You could install the Lloyd anchors a bit wide and angle them in I suppose.

Last edited by loubob57; 07-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Floor Mats

My appreciation for the quick reply and past help. Will likely be giving "your" anchors a try when I obtain them from Lloyds and get around to it. Also think I'm going to provide my vendor for the Lloyd mats the link to this page. Think they should see that you got some positive help from Lloyds and, apparently, they did not, on my behalf. Will post here after all's done.

Thanks, again, to a Fitfreak Friend.