2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Urban Myth: 2010 Fit Sport MT (in silver hehe)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Man, these dealers like to "state" things.

One dealers says there no SSM Sport M/T in five states. Another says on seven states. I'm thinking, I don't know where they're looking, I found one in Tennessee, barely a heartbeat away from the bottom tip of Illinois.

BTW, long story, short. I cancelled the other order. I mentioned this in another thread I created, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...crazyness.html).

Yesterday, using cars.com, I landed upon a brand new listing for a 2010 SSM Sport M/T at a dealer on the other side of Chicago. The listing was so new, only the dealers website (& cars.com) had it showing, NOT their own computers. Got to the dealer this morning, confirmed the car was on it's way to the dealer (scheduled to arrive 6/17-6/21) and put a deposit on it.

Myth: plausible?
Had the same problem, two dealers pretty much told me a TW 2010 sport is out of the question. I found one in the next county and they haven't even received it yet lol. If you can get the SSM one when they say it comes in i'd say go for it and put the deposit down. hope it works out for you!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
When we were looking for our Sport M/T with navi the dealer told us there were no such cars available anywhere from the Rockies to the east coast. I found all kinds of them listed on the Internet. I was headed to Chicago to buy--the salesman said he was looking at it right outside his window. Turned out it was an automatic--that there were quite a few phantom M/Ts advertised that didn't really exist when we went looking. The dealer's database didn't cover the entire US, but what they did cover was accurate after all.

Cheers.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I went to my Honda dealer, told them what I wanted (metallic orange Sport M/T) and they found one at another dealer. They traded with that dealer and I had my M/T two days later. It was a really easy process.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:51 AM
Hello again Fit Freaks!
I test drove some cars and found the Fit wasn't for me.
I do a lot of night driving and the headlights are bad.
Plus, the pedals are too close together on the M/Ts.
I'm now looking at the Civic Si Coupe!
It still has a engine. hehe
I really appreciate all the posts everyone. You have all been very helpful, and made my car searching experience that much better.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
That's cool - the Fit isn't for everyone. And a Civic Si is a great car. Good luck and have fun! If you know anyone who DOES get a Fit, send them here! It's a great forum, really good folks!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
When we were looking for our Sport M/T with navi the dealer told us there were no such cars available anywhere from the Rockies to the east coast. I found all kinds of them listed on the Internet. I was headed to Chicago to buy--the salesman said he was looking at it right outside his window. Turned out it was an automatic--that there were quite a few phantom M/Ts advertised that didn't really exist when we went looking. The dealer's database didn't cover the entire US, but what they did cover was accurate after all.

Cheers.
So did he discover that fact BEFORE you got up to Chicago?? I sure hope so!!! Because that would merit a good beat-down, if you went to Chicago and found out the car you were going to buy wasn't the one you were told was there.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Juliane
So did he discover that fact BEFORE you got up to Chicago?? I sure hope so!!! Because that would merit a good beat-down, if you went to Chicago and found out the car you were going to buy wasn't the one you were told was there.
hehe I live in Chicago, and I can confirm that there probably aren't any M/Ts there.
I will for sure redirect Fit owners to this forum.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subliminal Element
hehe I live in Chicago, and I can confirm that there probably aren't any M/Ts there.
I will for sure redirect Fit owners to this forum.
"Confirm" and "probably" don't mix well.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
I called and insisted on the salesperson going out to physically verify the car which "he could see sitting there right outside his window." Oops--sorry. Automatic. I called three dealers with the same outcome. Saved a trip.

Cheers.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
The 1st dealership I inquired to 3 months ago said a black MT Sport was very rare. So I waited then in June I inquired to 4 more dealerships and they all were able to get the MT, then I realized I wanted the Blue paint. So I had to wait another 2 weeks but everything worked out. Bottom line I think is don't believe the dealers when they say it's not available, they're just trying to get you to buy RIGHT NOW - just be patient and demand what you want or no dice, it will come in from Japan sooner or later.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
[shameless plug] Or just buy my '09 - in Chicago - Black MT Sport! [/shameless plug]

Old 08-21-2010, 08:09 PM
at the local honda dealer, they have 7 honda fit sports and 3 out of the seven are manual transmission fit sports, a silver, red and light blue one
most people prefer the automatics and in canada, they do not come with paddle shifters!
the manuals have been sitting there for a while now!