2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Urban Myth: 2010 Fit Sport MT (in silver hehe)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by digitalkid56
This has got to be one of the easiest M/T cars to drive.. Especially if you've driven one before.. Personally I wanted the M/T so I'd have ONE MORE THING to do when I drive, otherwise I'd fall asleep on the road..
With the electronic steering, and all the comforts of the car, it's not hard to get comfortable and doze off.. hehehe
You're killin me!!!!

I'm almost hoping they made a mistake and got a manual instead of an auto.

Maybe, I'll give the guy at the dealer a call... hum... just a thought.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks Steve!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the Navigation package doesn't come with the MT though.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered my MT 2010 sport. I ordered it on March 17 and i finally got it May 26.., so a little over 2 months, but I got exactly what I wanted and I got the mugen quickshifter put in and all season floor mats all for 16,665.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subliminal Element
For the most part, you're right. But I've seen listings that had manual Fits with Navi. I don't really know what to think about those listings, but I'm leaning towards a typo or something.

If my "hope" somehow comes true, then I guess I'm willing to give up VSA. Then it leaves me to add the steering controls on my own (using the ones like the Insight's navi trim) and my own HU.

But, at this point, it doesn't seem likely. I'll just go with it, if it comes as an auto that I ordered, if it comes roughly ontime.

If there's any major delay, then I'll talk to them about changing the car to a manual.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
OP, are you in Dire need of a New Car now? or can you wait until they find you one. if you can wait,

Tell them what you want, tell them to go find it, and you'll buy it from them. That's what I did here in VT. Told the guy, I wanted a White Sport 5MT and that my 2nd choice was the Orange Sport 5MT. Also told him what I was willing to accept as far as the difference in price between the FIT and Trade on our Altima. i told him I wanted $1500 difference between the price of trade on our Altima and the price of the FIT (including destination...) if the price of the FIT didn't come down, the price of the altima would need to go up. if they didn't want to budge on the price of the Altima, the price of the fit had better come down. We left with them to make the choice. A week later, they asked us to stop in again and held my ground. - same deal. They came back a bit later and said OK.... I said Find me a fit... they found one a few days later and had it delivered . 4 days afte signing the papers... BBye altima... Hello TW sport 5MT.

The biggest part is to not let them get to you. tell hem what you want and tell them... go find it. Then walk out.

~SB

Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Correct. 2009 was the only year for a Fit 5MT Navi. all Navi's come in Autos now.

~SB

Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
If you have two-thirds of the price of a new car there isn't a car dealer in the world that won't finance you. With that much down you should get a low rate, too.

Take a deep breath and order the car you want. What difference would a couple of months make really? We ordered ours in October '08 and got it in mid-January of '09. Worth the wait to get an M/T navi. That was a rare bird then and rarer now since they don't make them anymore. Why settle?

Cheers.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
It depends on why you want the 5 speed. I mean really... I literally could not get anything manual even order except a base. I was told "Honda only makes 5% of USDM Fits Manual because automatics are more popular." He also boasted about the 6 speed auto getting better MPG. He said The paddle shifters get you close to a manual feel. I said BS to all of the above! I would not wait till the 2011 models come out and will not drive an auto! Less than 5% of the vehicles I've owned have been auto. Well, now I'm stuck... The Sport model has all the stuff I want. Oh and to do the Mugen kit... I have to change the bumpers and most likely get the oem sport fogs not the accessory fogs... no cruise... no keyless (fixed that bought a sport key Thanks CFL Honda) Can't get NAV. Have 4 speakers instead of the 6, no fog lights. I'm sure there is more and the $ difference is not much. If it is worth taking the auto so you don't have to wait 3-6 mos, find a dealer that has had an auto on the lot a while (60-90 days). Most dealers "floor plans" (inventory) is financed so the longer its there the more they want to get rid of it! My base was there 90+ days and the "gave" it to me for $13k and some change. They claim only $800 is "mark up" but since when do we really believe what they are telling people.

If you want 5 speed and Sport package you may have to wait. The dealer I purchased from said none in country and none in route. That meant Jul-Aug before they were even in port much less to the dealer. I wish I would have waited... I want it all and it's going to cost big...

Good luck on whatever you decide! I really enjoy driving my Fit and that's whats important. You will enjoy any of them but don't settle if you don't "have" to buy a car right now.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Good luck on whatever you decide! I really enjoy driving my Fit and that's whats important. You will enjoy any of them but don't settle if you don't "have" to buy a car right now.
[/quote]

Yeah. I'm going to wait. It's a long time I know. I will be counting the days. I want this purchase to be one I won't regret. Hopefully my unpolished turd (98' Chevy Lumina w/ problems) will hold up.

I'm willing to pay close to $20k (walk out the door price) to get the fit sport and all the accessories (listed in original post). I'd like to pay much less of course. I will see what kind of deal I can get before I order it and place the deposit.

I just need to find out if I can still get a 2010 MT Sport off the factory line! I'm pretty sure the 2011 Fit's will be released in September. So I don't know when they stop production of the 2010 to make room for the 2011.

If it's even possible to get the 2010 MT Sport off the factory line, do you think I would be granted a little more wiggle room in the negotiations knowing the 2011 will be out in a matter of months?
Also, do you think the factory would install the accessories hopefully saving me a little money?
I'm a matter of hours away from ordering consumer reports New Car Price Guide which is suppose to be really helpful.
Thoughts?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Also, do you think the factory would install the accessories hopefully saving me a little money?
I'd suspect that the supply chain is set up for the dealer to install the options. Nor would I expect the factory to be able to install the items much cheaper than the dealer.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I lucked out, the dealer here found me a black MT that had just rolled off the assembly line. I got it for about $16.5K.

It's been about a month, should get here in a week or so.

CAN'T WAIT.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by 4thCornerFit
First, as far as a test drive goes, the base Fit MT will give you a good idea of how the car moves/drives/works. The Sport has more features, but underneath is the same mechanical package.

Next, find the Internet salescritter at whichever dealer you decide to work with. They get paid differently than the rest of the sales staff, and so have little or no interest in moving a car off the lot at the highest possible price.

Then, you have a couple of choices if what you want isn't on the lot: the dealer can find what you want at another location & get it shipped/driven to your dealer (often the salescritter will go do this themselves), or they can order it for you. Having the dealer locate one is more productive than doing it yourself IMO; they have the tools to find the car & can search a wider area.

Steve
Best advice so far IMHO, though all have strong points. Essentially what I did and I can not over state the value of finding a responsive dealer that will give an offer over the internet. I requested quotes from 3 dealers on-line. Two came back with standard replys the third sent a price, then called to follow up. That was the dealer I went with and did very well by them.

The internet sales folks do seem to work on a different basis. I'm not sure what it is, but this guy was fabulous. Also, what was stated regarding the end of year status makes good sense. The 2010's are going to dry up so giddy-up and get the FIT, or wait about 9 months and try to get a deal on a 2011.
K_C_

Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Subliminal Element ...

Get the M/T ...

I have a 2009 Fit Sport M/T that after a year has over 22k miles and I love the car. I test drove the auto and the slush box is in no way near the same experience as the M/T ... the auto felt very sluggish.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Hello again Fit Freaks!
Test drove a base 2010 M/T last night. First test drive. Pretty sweet! I will test drive it again, next time during the day.
Been a while since I've driven a manual tran car. It felt like the pedals were really close together. Plus, the clutch was so soft that I was having problems finding the grabbing point. Does anyone else notice that or is it just because my clutch skills are rusty?
Also, the headlights were awful. I could barely see 50ft. The base doesn't have foglights, but I imagine it doesn't make a difference.
Those were the only two things I frowned upon. Other than that I was really excited with how well a 117hp car performed! It's not a performance car, but the M/T makes it fun to drive!
I couldn't get the salesman out of the car. I told him the next time I come to test drive it I'd like to go alone. He told me he'd give me an I-pass for the highway and said, "Drive it as fast as you want", so I'll get a chance to push it a little, have some fun on the ramps hehe
The salesman was already trying to push it on me. It was pretty funny. Told him I wanted a sport M/T and his "manager" came over and was like, "It's pretty much the same." I was like, "No, sport has 16" alloys, spoiler, fog lights, usb port, chrome exhaust finish, etc etc."
I took the card and left. Told him we'd crunch some numbers sometime after I test drove it again.
I have no intention of buying that car. I'm getting the sport m/t.
Did I do good? What could I have done better?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Also, the headlights were awful. I could barely see 50ft. The base doesn't have foglights, but I imagine it doesn't make a difference.
In my opinion the headlights alone barely light the road. The fog lights help a lot and are another good reason to buy the Sport. On the backroads I use the high beams whenever I can, though. I think the Fit has the worst headlights of any car I've ever owned. Out here in the country, it's dark, the deer are thick, and you've got to be able to light the road.

The rest of it is just getting used to the car.

Cheers.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Does anyone else notice that or is it just because my clutch skills are rusty?
It's a very difficult manual to drive smoothly. I've had mine about 5-6 weeks and am barely making progress in that department and my skills couldn't be farther from rusty. It's very easy and effortless to drive, but trying to really gain control and be precise is hard. I'm finally heel toeing with confidence, and things are getting better, but it's like, if I change shoes, it's back to square one with the engagement point. It has no feel, just repetition and muscle memory making it livable.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi Fit Freaks! I NEED YOUR HELP!

This will be my first "brand new" car purchase and I am enamored with the 2010 Honda Fit Sport MT.

I am stressing over the process involved in purchasing a new car from the stealership.

EVEN WORSE, I am stressing over the fact that I can't find a 2010 Fit Sport MT! Not even to test drive!! Between six dealerships I have only found one Base Fit MT!!! It's ridiculous!!!!
FitDEEZ - I am really pushing for the MT because it's almost $1,000 cheaper. I really wanted to get the Mitsubishi Lancer when it came out simply because of the paddle shifters. But in the end I decided to go MT because I use to have a GSX Eclipse 5 speed and I really like MT cars. Though the paddles do look fun too! If getting an MT becomes too much of a hassle then at least I know the paddles are a positive in the fun-factor and not a drawback to the driving experience.

OMG I feel like I posted this thread I am having the same issues and was looking at a lancer too. I really hope you can find one. The dealership wouldn't even think about preordering one for me too. It'll be my first brand new car purchase as well and test drove my first fit last night too~!

G/l with everything though and finding that perfect fit!

Last edited by TrishaMayx3; 06-09-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Man, these dealers like to "state" things.

One dealers says there no SSM Sport M/T in five states. Another says on seven states. I'm thinking, I don't know where they're looking, I found one in Tennessee, barely a heartbeat away from the bottom tip of Illinois.

BTW, long story, short. I cancelled the other order. I mentioned this in another thread I created, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...crazyness.html).

Yesterday, using cars.com, I landed upon a brand new listing for a 2010 SSM Sport M/T at a dealer on the other side of Chicago. The listing was so new, only the dealers website (& cars.com) had it showing, NOT their own computers. Got to the dealer this morning, confirmed the car was on it's way to the dealer (scheduled to arrive 6/17-6/21) and put a deposit on it.

Myth: plausible?

Last edited by Goobers; 06-12-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by digitalkid56
This has got to be one of the easiest M/T cars to drive.. Especially if you've driven one before.. Personally I wanted the M/T so I'd have ONE MORE THING to do when I drive, otherwise I'd fall asleep on the road..
With the electronic steering, and all the comforts of the car, it's not hard to get comfortable and doze off.. hehehe
thats a true story... the honda fit might be the easyest manual car i ever driven, its like they found some kind of magical balance to make the clutch feel like its perfect.

my pre-ordering experience was basicaly they had a last of which cars are coming in, and they just reserved it for me when it did come in and i just a deposite down reserving it until it came in.

Quick Reply: Urban Myth: 2010 Fit Sport MT (in silver hehe)