2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why am I so obsessed with my Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Why am I so obsessed with my Fit?

I just can't get enough of my Fit! I'm not obsessed in the sense of modding like many of you but I can't stand to see the car in any condition other than what she was like when I picked her up at the dealership.

Everything has to be spot-less. I don't like papers in the door slots, change and stuff in the center console or stuff in the cargo area and the glove box has to be tidy. It's becoming so bad that even my wife is noticing and now when we get back from a trip, she makes sure she removes every little napkin or coffee cup and makes sure my son does the same by saying, "You know how Daddy is with his car."

I washed and cleaned her up today and just had to go to WalMart tonight (@ 10pm) to buy some tire foam cuz God forbid I have a clean car and not have the tires and wheels look just as good.

Is anybody else as sick as I am!? Is there a doctor in the house?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
HA! i must say im pretty close to the same. now my interior (seats, carpets) are clean always.. although i have tons of stuff in everyy cup holder on the car. and yes the outside of my car must be spotless. but i do car farther then that. when ever i get money i love to do mods and needless to say im always thinking about my fit and ways to improve it. i love my fit and love driving it every second and when people talk that slightest bit of shit, i get really defensive.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Is this your first new car? If this is your first new car then it is normal . I was the same way back then but now I realized that like every car that I had it will get old and new ones will come. I mean to say I am still careful with my car and like it clean all the time but not to the point that I will be very upset if someone left a coffee cup inside. napkin, paper or any trash.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TFREEfit
i love my fit and love driving it every second and when people talk that slightest bit of shit, i get really defensive.
Me too! I even made a 22 mile trip last night to a special restaurant because my wife was craving their fried chicken. Heck, due to this car, I've been neglecting (by not riding) my Harley! So just to make up for it, me and my first love have a date tomorrow and will be riding all day.

To give you an idea as to how I keep my babies, here's my first born at 11 years of age....
Name:  bikeatgasstation.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  61.8 KB
[IMG]https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/Name:  bikeatgasstation.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  61.8 KB

Old 05-30-2010, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black01
Is this your first new car?
No, it is not my first car. I am 44 and the Fit is my 8th car but I wasn't as excited about the other ones as I am the Fit. I used to keep all my cars outside of the garage as to not crowd my Harley and to also make it easier to get the motorcycle out but not with the Fit. She sleeps inside! LOL

Old 05-30-2010, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TFREEfit
HA! i must say im pretty close to the same. now my interior (seats, carpets) are clean always.. although i have tons of stuff in everyy cup holder on the car. and yes the outside of my car must be spotless. but i do car farther then that. when ever i get money i love to do mods and needless to say im always thinking about my fit and ways to improve it. i love my fit and love driving it every second and when people talk that slightest bit of shit, i get really defensive.
Amen to that !!! I'm like u !! and also my wife laughs and stares at me when I get happy on when someone is actually checking out my car !! It feels good to see that the way u have ur car makes it stand out and capture other peoples eye !! I love finding new ways to mod it and make it more diverse !!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 PM
definitely. i love it when i have like the only modded fit in my area and when i roll out of my drive way, i demand respect. stay fitttt

Old 05-31-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
No, it is not my first car. I am 44 and the Fit is my 8th car but I wasn't as excited about the other ones as I am the Fit. I used to keep all my cars outside of the garage as to not crowd my Harley and to also make it easier to get the motorcycle out but not with the Fit. She sleeps inside! LOL
It does help that the fit allows space for a motorcycle in what would be the footprint of a normal car:

(Unfortunately, I no longer live in a house with a garage, so the bike sleeps outside as well. On the plus side, it's not exactly hard to pop it over the curb and ride down the sidewalk to get in and out of that parking space. Glad I'm on the end!)

Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
Coffee cups and napkins???!!!??? No food or drinks in my Fit!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
I've always been this way about my bikes. The Harley is 17 years old, and people still ask me if it's new. The Fit is the first car I've owned that I feel the same way about. The car just looks so good when it's all cleaned up, I can't help myself.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Sweet peaches!

Think of all the fun you could have if you took a weekend road trip in the Fit instead of cleaning on it. Spill coffee in the cupholders, cram napkins in the door cubbies, get granola crumbs all over the seats, and see the USA.

The real beauty of the Fit is that you don't have to care about the price of gas or maintenance. Hit the road—it's springtime at last. We went to Chicago and back last Tuesday (500 miles) and had a great day. I'm sure there were 10,000 bugs that sacrificed themselves against the car, and I'm sure that somebody put another ding in the door (I don't even look). The experience of a great day of traveling together makes up for all of that. I ran a vacuum cleaner over it and drove through a wash. Now I'm ready to head out again and go somewhere else.

To each his own, I guess. You clean on yours, and we'll go someplace in ours. We drove ours to Massachusetts last summer. If we lived there, we'd have the dirtiest fit on this forum because we'd never run out of things to see.

Cheers.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
To each his own, I guess. You clean on yours, and we'll go someplace in ours. We drove ours to Massachusetts last summer. If we lived there, we'd have the dirtiest fit on this forum because we'd never run out of things to see.

Cheers.
Oh, we take it on trips. It's just cleaned promptly after getting home and/or trash is removed immediately after getting to a rest area, etc...

Where did you go in Mass?

Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde

Where did you go in Mass?
We went to Boston and had a great time there.

We didn't scratch the surface of things to do in Boston, much less the rest of Massachusetts. The Fitfreak tour guides had lots of advice on routing and places to see along the way.

Then we went up to Acadia National Park in Maine to go hiking.

I must say that Naviwoman was very helpful negotiating the roundabouts and all of the parking garages for the transit system are all in the navi database. Driving all over the metro area was not an issue.

It was our first trip to the Northeast. We can't wait to go back. I didn't mean to write so much, but as you can tell, I get excited about whatever is over the next hill or around the next turn in the road.

I left the dirt from that trip on the car for a while to remind myself of what a great time we had.

Cheers.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'm definitely obsessed with my Fit. Typical in the first year or so. I only hope I can carry through to it's ninth year. I sure plan to. I haven't smoked in it and will never do so, like I've done in my other cars. THAT is a big plus right there. Almost a year now. And another benefit is it's cut my smoking way, way down.

Dan

Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member

Cheers.
Actually, I'm thinking of driving the Fit to Louisiana later this year to visit my niece. She's been after me to visit her at home forever.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Actually, I'm thinking of driving the Fit to Louisiana later this year to visit my niece. She's been after me to visit her at home forever.
We're going to meet friends halfway in Memphis next month. I am a sucker for Graceland, etc. That is one trip I wish I could make in an old Caddy instead of a Fit, but in a Fit it will be.

I'd love to keep going to Louisiana. It's been forty years since I've been to New Orleans. Have fun in Louisiana.

Cheers.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not as obsessed as I used to be with my vehicles when I was younger.
But it's not unusual.
I'm probably more obsessed than I should be.

Case in point? This recent Memorial Day weekend. I so wanted to wash my Honda Fit. However, the weather never cleared...basicly on my days off...3 days of rain. So yesterday, I'm out washing my Fit...while it rains.

I know the neighbors thought I'd lost my mind.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
You clean on yours, and we'll go someplace in ours.
Hah! I'm the same way. Don't get me wrong - I want to keep it in as nice shape as possible and I do my best...but at the end of the day the primary reason I bought the car was to drive it everywhere, and it's going to get dirt, scratches and dings sooner or later. I gotta drive it and I gotta park it. I can't worry myself over it!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
Hah! I'm the same way. Don't get me wrong - I want to keep it in as nice shape as possible and I do my best...but at the end of the day the primary reason I bought the car was to drive it everywhere, and it's going to get dirt, scratches and dings sooner or later. I gotta drive it and I gotta park it. I can't worry myself over it!
Agreed. I'm not one of those people who obsesses over detailing and streaks in my paint, but I do like keeping my GD relatively clean and good-looking and I'm much more hands-on with maintaining its cleanliness compared to my old car.

I used to have a hardline stance against eating inside my Jazz, but the thing is, sometimes it's just unavoidable. Fortunately my passengers haven't made or left any messes.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I know how you feel I'm the same way if not worse lol

Quick Reply: Why am I so obsessed with my Fit?