2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Exhaust advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
so if i got this
Type One Racing :: Intake & Exhaust :: Fit (GE8) :: T1R Exhaust B-pipe - Honda Fit 09+ (GE8)
and then bought a bolt on axle back / muffler then that would be all i need?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned
you forgot the header. anyways go cheaper at a shop that can run you $100 starting from the down pipe to the muffler end custom just for 100 go to a shop talk to them am sure you'll find one but dont call you have to show up and talk to the Manager in person.

$100 for a custom piping
$160 Header & Downpipe off EBAY
and your choice of any muffler.
so far around $400 with a EVERYTHING

but if you buy that thing $386 plus header downpipe $160 and any muffler of you choice so far your looking at $700

dude i went the cheap way and my fit sounds CRAZY expensive is gonna give you the same HP as the cheaper one keep that in mind

Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Red Diablo
you forgot the header. anyways go cheaper at a shop that can run you $100 starting from the down pipe to the muffler end custom just for 100 go to a shop talk to them am sure you'll find one but dont call you have to show up and talk to the Manager in person.

$100 for a custom piping
$160 Header & Downpipe off EBAY
and your choice of any muffler.
so far around $400 with a EVERYTHING

but if you buy that thing $386 plus header downpipe $160 and any muffler of you choice so far your looking at $700

dude i went the cheap way and my fit sounds CRAZY expensive is gonna give you the same HP as the cheaper one keep that in mind
your talking about the gd3.. i have the ge8 which cant have a header because the way honda built the new gen. so id have to do a different set up as listed. and as for the t1r i found it for $315

Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
i say go with a midpipe to axleback

Old 06-30-2010, 05:45 PM
would i want a b-pipe or mid-pipe?
and also if i bought the t1r b-pipe and the greddy ti0c rear section.. is that ALL i need? please help

Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 PM
a b-pipe is technically a mid pipe......

Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM
im not understanding what you mean by is that all i would need, as far as power goes the max combo you could have with the GE is an axleback, b-pipe, and intake.....i dont think they even make a cat delete/test pipe, and i know they dont make headers.....so if your looking for HP the t1r b-pipe and the greddy axleback will be fine.....if you want it to be loud, that combo prob wont be to noisy, so i would say go with what other guys are saying about a custom fab from a shop, if your going for sound

Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM
also way it works is...

a CAT-BACK is really just a B-PIPE And AXLEBACK as a combo, both pieces being from the same company and sometimes may be cheaper then getting both pieces from diff companies.

And as a Diagram....the exhaust works as...

Header - Catalytic converter - B Pipe/Mid Pipe - Axleback

on the GE tho like I said, i dont think there will ever be headers, or cat deletes...

just trying to help you out, cuz it seems like some of your questions werent bein answered yet...

Old 06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
and last but not least......any dream you have about your fit being LOUD LOUD, like evo or sti loud LOL, will prob not happen and IMO tanabe makes a good sounding exhaust, not rice, but a nice tone, floor the gas and people will know your coming and thats really all you need

heres some vid links:

YouTube - GE8 Tanabe Concept G

YouTube - GE8 Tanabe Concept G

YouTube - GE8 Touring Medallion

YouTube - GE8 Touring Medallion

Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by kevinkidstar138
also way it works is...

a CAT-BACK is really just a B-PIPE And AXLEBACK as a combo, both pieces being from the same company and sometimes may be cheaper then getting both pieces from diff companies.

And as a Diagram....the exhaust works as...

Header - Catalytic converter - B Pipe/Mid Pipe - Axleback

on the GE tho like I said, i dont think there will ever be headers, or cat deletes...

just trying to help you out, cuz it seems like some of your questions werent bein answered yet...
thank you for your response. thats what ive been wondering. +rep
would you suggest a midpipe over bpipe or vise versa? the only reason im trying to stay away from custom fab from shops is to maintain my warranty by getting all bolt on.. because i think if you weld anything it voids the warranty?.. but anyways any suggestions on making it louder if i went with the bolt on? like possible different muffler?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks for the rep.

me personally would go with t1r or if js racing makes a b-pipe, those are usually the loudest companies, but also the most expensive. as far as axleback 80% of them sound exactly the same. so thats my 2 cents

and also as a general i have noticed if the car is manual the exhaust usually sounds better cuz you can rev higher and you get the downshift pops lol automatics usually all sound the same, check youtube out type ge8 exhaust i think someone has a vid of the greddy ti-c.

hope that helps also

Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
it also may not void warranty, but bolt ons make it a shit ton easier for a resale

Old 06-30-2010, 10:08 PM
the two that i found was the t1r b-pipe ($315) and the megan mid pipe ($220).. the megan midpipe says its for the 06-09 and knowing that there are major differences between the gd3 and ge8.. would the megan mid pipe even fit? if not i guess the b-pipe is the winner.
and yes i have a manual so i understand what you mean when you says its louder.. and i might not go for the greddy since its like $100 more then the hks hi power.. and theres also others like j's racing and tanabe.. but they are more expensive

Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
and no problem my friend, good advise.. deserves good rep

Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
J's has a mid-pipe in either stainless or titanium. Their stainless exhaust can be purchased as just the canister, mid-pipe or both canister and mid-pipe and starts at like ¥68750 or something for both pieces combined. With the $ everyday looking more like a Mexican Peso, it is about $800 converted for the 2 pieces. The mid-pipe by itself sells for ¥35700 and is a 1 piece design unlike the T1R 2 piece. You would be better served to go with the T1R pieces if wanting to go this route since they sell for less and you don't have to convert to ¥. I just got nailed on the conversion for the J's Ti canister and mid-pipe, but it is what it is...just money!!!

Just looked at T1R's website and their stainless exhaust is really not much less for both pieces and if the $ was stronger, the J's would actually be cheaper. Their mid-pipe is also resonated, so it wouldn't be as loud as the J's piece (non-resonated). I know you wanted louder, so something to think about.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 07-01-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
J's has a mid-pipe in either stainless or titanium. Their stainless exhaust can be purchased as just the canister, mid-pipe or both canister and mid-pipe and starts at like ¥68750 or something for both pieces combined. With the $ everyday looking more like a Mexican Peso, it is about $800 converted for the 2 pieces. The mid-pipe by itself sells for ¥35700 and is a 1 piece design unlike the T1R 2 piece. You would be better served to go with the T1R pieces if wanting to go this route since they sell for less and you don't have to convert to ¥. I just got nailed on the conversion for the J's Ti canister and mid-pipe, but it is what it is...just money!!!

Just looked at T1R's website and their stainless exhaust is really not much less for both pieces and if the $ was stronger, the J's would actually be cheaper. Their mid-pipe is also resonated, so it wouldn't be as loud as the J's piece (non-resonated). I know you wanted louder, so something to think about.
well i found the mid pipe for about 250 shipping included and the b-pipe for about 350 shipping included. and i can get a the axle back for about 300 so coming in around $550 .. would you say for the price difference go with the set up i just listed?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Not sure, what company is the $250 price? Not sure if you were referring to the Megan pipe from above, which you also stated it was for 06-09, the exhaust layout is different between the GD and GE and that might have been a typo.

So for about $650 I guess for the T1R mid and whatever rear canister you are looking at.

Pics of the 2 mid-pipes for GE and GD Fits.

GE mid-pipe
Name:  GEmid.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  8.8 KB

GD mid-pipe
Name:  GDmid.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  7.8 KB

These 2 pipes are from J's Racing. Most other manufacturers will have resonated mid-pipes and most likely 2 pieces as seen below with the T1R pipe. Not as good overall IMO as it entails having another exhaust gasket and heavier weight with the resonated section. Though it should save on shipping costs and warehouse space as the box can be smaller. Some or maybe most would prefer the resonated piping as it would not be as loud.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 07-01-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Not sure, what company is the $250 price? Not sure if you were referring to the Megan pipe from above, which you also stated it was for 06-09, the exhaust layout is different between the GD and GE and that might have been a typo.

So for about $650 I guess for the T1R mid and whatever rear canister you are looking at.

Pics of the 2 mid-pipes for GE and GD Fits.

GE mid-pipe

GD mid-pipe

These 2 pipes are from J's Racing. Most other manufacturers will have resonated mid-pipes and most likely 2 pieces as seen below with the T1R pipe. Not as good overall IMO as it entails having another exhaust gasket and heavier weight with the resonated section. Though it should save on shipping costs and warehouse space as the box can be smaller. Some or maybe most would prefer the resonated piping as it would not be as loud.

i am talking to a guy now and he offered me a deal.. its a combo package of t1r bpipe (3k miles on it) and hks hi power axleback (8k miles on it)... 500 shipped. should i do it?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
i am talking to a guy now and he offered me a deal.. its a combo package of t1r bpipe (3k miles on it) and hks hi power axleback (8k miles on it)... 500 shipped. should i do it?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:23 PM
My opinion goes to ways on this one...i have sold used parts so part of me says yes because i would like to see the dude get the sale and the other half says just save up the 150 difference and get both parts brand new, theres nothing better then working in a brand new part, the smell the tone change, etc.

Quick Reply: Exhaust advice