2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My new 2010 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
My new 2010 Sport

I'm 1600 miles into my new Storm Silver and I have to say that the coolest thing is the fact that when it's raining and I climb into my FIT, start it up, click the wipers to delay, shift into reverse to back down the drive - the rear wiper politely comes on to clear the rear window then sends itself to sleep.

Now that's sweet! K_C

Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I'm 1600 miles into my new Storm Silver and I have to say that the coolest thing is the fact that when it's raining and I climb into my FIT, start it up, click the wipers to delay, shift into reverse to back down the drive - the rear wiper politely comes on to clear the rear window then sends itself to sleep.

Now that's sweet! K_C
Only a 2 month old 2010 Fit owner myself... but welcome, and enjoy the new Fit. I'm finding they're pretty cool little rides!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Well I'm a bit older than you it appears - how do you manage to reach the pedals????

I'm just coming off seven years of two second hand Caddies. Actually bought on off EBay, real cool ride for sure, but keeping a 13 year old behemoth on the road just became too much.

Was a bit concerned changing from a wide body Sedan Deville, but have owned hatches before and you just can't beat the utility of them, not to mention the 38MPG I'm seeing out of the 5MT.

Would be nice if Honda could have figured out a way to keep the cabin noise levels down a bit, but I ain't complaining. It's a fun car to drive as I'm slowly getting to know. I've been taking things easy till I get to know it better and all the moving parts get a real good introduction.

Looking to get the most out of the car as well as this forum! K_C

Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
the rear wiper politely comes on to clear the rear window then sends itself to sleep.
too bad it's wiping the wrong side of the window! haha!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I can see this is going to be a spirited forum not like those Cadillac Owner guys . . . .

Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'm a bit older than you it appears - how do you manage to reach the pedals????
HAHAHA!

Am I the only one who caught that?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shegetstodriveit
too bad it's wiping the wrong side of the window! haha!

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one. K_C_

Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 AM
I play field hockey, and don't know much about tennis. Tennis might be a great sport to pick up, but I highly suggest field hockey. Field Hockey is the kind of sport that you can improve quickly on just by allowing your self to be coachable and putting in a little effort. To tryout you need to abilities, running and field sense. Sure it would be helpful to have stick skills and know all the rules. But At tryouts its so much more helpful to have endurance and can play the game well. It might be to late... but it might not be to. I think you should try it... ask around and find a stick no ones using, pass around with someone see if you like it. If you do then practice and run. Even if you don't want to put in all this effort then don't. Just try it.

If you don't like field hockey definitely try tennis, having a sport in high school is so much fun.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one. K_C_
Basically the Fit has the same rear wiper assembly for all the world's countries. Ostensibly you could say the wiper and its motion was designed for countries with right-hand-drive such as Japan and the UK.

I don't have any problems with mine, however - and the Philippines is left-hand-drive like the US.

Welcome to the forum

As for noise suppression, have you considered putting sound deadening material in your doors and flooring? That should help.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Type100 I really have no problem with the wipers. What I do see is subtle differences between US and Canada set ups. Low washer fluid warning is one. Canada yes/US no. I do like the fact that I now drive a truly International car.

I understand your noise deadening suggestion, I'm really not convinced it's worth pulling the door panels off for whatever the gain might be. K_C_

Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member

I'm just coming off seven years of two second hand Caddies. Actually bought on off EBay, real cool ride for sure, but keeping a 13 year old behemoth on the road just became too much.
And I came out of a 1988 Lincoln Towncar. Isn't it nice going to a gas station for something other than gas?

Old 05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Type100 I really have no problem with the wipers.
I don't have a problem with it. But my subaru wagon wipes the correct direction, and I noticed immediately with the Fit that something was different about it.

How about the 20 cup holders, but not one of them fits a reasonably sized water bottle?

Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Now I'm at a complete loss re: the wipers. So what's the 'correct' direction and what if I'm looking in the rear view mirror, are they then going the other way_

Down with the [tea]cup holders. Only one that makes sense is the center console rear one. It takes my 1L Poland Spring bottles. K_C_

Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Just get rid of the rear wiper, that's what I did!

Welcome to the forums KC

Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Now I'm at a complete loss re: the wipers. So what's the 'correct' direction and what if I'm looking in the rear view mirror, are they then going the other way_

Down with the [tea]cup holders. Only one that makes sense is the center console rear one. It takes my 1L Poland Spring bottles. K_C_
I think the "correct" direction for left-hand-drive countries would involve swapping the pivot over to the left side. That way the arc of the wiper would clear out more rain/gunk/detritus directly behind the driver. Could be wrong, but hey, if it isn't a problem with you then...

Hmmm both the GD and GE accommodate my 500mL Pocari Sweat bottles just fine

Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
Hmmm both the GD and GE accommodate my 500mL Pocari Sweat bottles just fine
Those bottles look sweet, like the cup holders were made to fit them, how's the drink? All our bottles [well most] are round. I can squeeze a 1L into the console holder OK, anything less than that isn't worth carrying . . _

The cell phone loves to sit in the front left holder. Those bad boy's down on the front of the console are useless me thinks. K_C

Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
And I came out of a 1988 Lincoln Towncar. Isn't it nice going to a gas station for something other than gas?
You know it only gets better. I've cracked the 2K mark and the GPM's just keep getting better. Over the weekend I was seeing 45GPM on an extended section of rural highway. Actually did stop at a Stewart's to get a sandwich - NO GAS needed - WOOW!

Once back home it did settle in at 38 and I'm thinking that's where it will be, but the drive is smoothing out and I'm pushing the revs a bit more, but still holding off on the down shifting.

I am feeling what I can only describe as a tendency to 'over steer'. Any truth to this?? I'm not running with the NAVI package so no VSA. I'm not getting full into it either but the rear end does feel a bit loose on hard cornering, like it might want to come around.

Is this the tendency with the FIT, would be good to confirm before I start throwing the ltlle beast around in earnest. K_C_

Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Those bottles look sweet, like the cup holders were made to fit them, how's the drink? All our bottles [well most] are round. I can squeeze a 1L into the console holder OK, anything less than that isn't worth carrying . . _

The cell phone loves to sit in the front left holder. Those bad boy's down on the front of the console are useless me thinks. K_C
The drink's fine, despite the admittedly strange name - those silly Japanese Think of a non-acidic kind of Gatorade and you'll get an idea of what it is. Kind of rare in the US though, I understand. You'd have to go to Torrance CA to buy 'em in cans.

Pocari Sweat's bottles are basically round as well but with six large ridges around the lower half for hand-holding. They fit the Fit's bottle holders almost like a glove.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
lol pocari sweat. the fit has lots of lil wonders, welcome to the FiTworld!

Quick Reply: My new 2010 Sport