2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My new 2010 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Oh I can see this is going to be a spirited forum not like those Cadillac Owner guys . . . .
I hear ya...when i posted that I traded a 91 Caddy Coupe for my 09 Fit they (Caddy Owner forum guys) where ready to stone me.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gs3boynyc
I hear ya...when i posted that I traded a 91 Caddy Coupe for my 09 Fit they (Caddy Owner forum guys) where ready to stone me.
Still hanging on to my 96Deville and keeping the Owner's out of the loop for now LOL Really can't decide what to do with it. Hard to part w/ all those horses and a real kick ass WOT K_C_

Old 05-19-2010, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Still hanging on to my 96Deville and keeping the Owner's out of the loop for now LOL Really can't decide what to do with it. Hard to part w/ all those horses and a real kick ass WOT K_C_
I hear ya, I love my 77 Caddy wouldn't part with her for anything. I still miss my 91 Coupe but the Fit is more practical for everyday stuff

Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
That little moon roof is hot - my 89Brougham had one along with a burgundy velor interior. What a sweat ride.

I like the photo, quick and turn that little squeaker around I think I see lust in those opera lights [functional still?] K_C_

Old 05-19-2010, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
That little moon roof is hot - my 89Brougham had one along with a burgundy velor interior. What a sweat ride.

I like the photo, quick and turn that little squeaker around I think I see lust in those opera lights [functional still?] K_C_
yep everything works in the 77 except the digital clock, i'm the 2nd owner she has about 82k on the odo. The original owner inherited a Honda del Sol from her 90yr sister and she told me she couldn't drive it due to her osteoporosis, so she traded the del Sol for a (then) new 97 Accord, and i bought the 77, she said 20 yrs was long enough, also her house matched that Caddy, it was light blue aluminum siding w/ dark blue shutters!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Well it's been over a month since I last posted to this thread - just about forgot about it to be truthful.

Figured it's time to catch things up a bit- it's Summer don't ya know.

-------------------------------

My Ride - 2010 SS MT Sport

Mileage stands a tad shy of 6K - oil life @ 60% full as when new

AVG 38MPG on reg gas - by the numbers

Additions in order of installation:

Window Tint - 35% Rear doors on back - same day i picked her up

Cargo Carpet - custom cut a piece of utility carpet to "pave" the cargo area - keeps things from sliding

Milk Crate Cargo Organizer - full size crate fits two grocery sacks perfectly plus all the odd stuff that floats around

Honda Service Manual
- standard fair for me is to get a FSM and learn about my new ride. All cars might be similar, however, they are not the same

All Season Floor Mats - OEM - very happy with them, though Weather Tech look really nice as well

XM Radio - mounted my Inno right next to the DC power socket - brought antena cable in through the hatch and hidden under mounding to the front and through the dash to the unit - AUX into the HD when using - a nice clean set-up. Inno has it's own remote - life is good. I'm taking wagers that Honda gets it togther on the 2011's and has sat radio capability, do'h

Ipod - always in the glove box - surprised at how cool that really is.

Bra - OEM - use hood section only, lower section is nice, but basically a PIA to deal with

Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn
- can not say enough re this horn - requires a separate 20A fused circuit off the battery to a relay triggered by original horn circuit

Door Visors
- OEM - Front only - rear windows are "never" opened, with rear half tinted give the car a gooood look

Window Tint - 5% windscreen strip - basically eliminates a huge amount of sky/sun glare from that huge windscreen. I'm seeing others tint the whole windscreen - I can't agree with that

Things to come:

Rear Wiper Mod - I like the look a lot

Door Sills - most likely will not go OEM - hard to justify the $$'s - 3M makes some nice textured tapes

Arm Rest Cover - my daughter is custom fitting a leather cover for the stock arm rest. The replacement arm rests make little sense to me - the car is just too small and I don't need more space to put stuff and they aren't as frugal [cheap] as I am

Trailer Hitch - still contemplating this one. I've been using a small 4x6 utility trailer I made for the past 11yrs and would hate to say good bye to it

Tires/Wheels - will most likely put a set of snows on steel wheels for winter use and replace the Dunlops with Cooper Tourings to improve performance and reduce noise. I love those tires - put 'em on my daughter's Yaris and it was night to day

Decals/Badges - been looking and thinking and I think it's the icing on the cake. Too bad the FIT's grill isn't conducive to traditional grill badges - or is it, hmmm

--------------------------------

This Forum

I must say I'm enjoying this forum almost as much as I'm enjoying my FIT.

By becoming part of this world I've learned a whole lot about my FIT - i-Vtec - FitFreaks - coilovers - intakes - wheels/tires - Mugen - ADDOC - the list continues to grow at each log-in.

What's nice to see is that there are few mechanical/problem issues and a huge amount of DYI and MOD info/issues. Says a lot for Honda - FIT - FITFREAKS.

A ton of knowledge is contained in here and quite a kaleidoscope of freaks_

BTW pictures will soon follow - but even after all this it's still smaller than a crapper

K_C_