2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Fit Woo!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:10 PM
New Fit Woo!

Getting my new fit tomorrow. I think alot of the encouragement to go buy one came from checking out all the various posts and pictures on this forum. I wanted to get a blackberry pearl but ended up having to get a black one instead. I am getting a 2010 fit sport with manual drive and the mugen ground effects.. short shift and exhaust. Anyone have any experience with that exhaust btw? I have a couple of MTX 12s and now I need to get an amp so I can put it in the new car. I notice the battery in them seems very small, does anyone have trouble with power usage?

Old 05-09-2010, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
The black ones sure do look good, especially with a few mods. I've grown fond of them quickly as another new owner. If you don't mind keeping it clean, which it sounds like blackberry wouldn't be too much easier to, then I think it's a blessing. That color would wear on me fast, but it is pretty distinctive.

The car sounds like it is going to be nice! Congrats and welcome.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Yea I probably came out better with the black... except like you said it'll require alot of cleaning.. plus that black interior.. i'll have to buy a new shop vac!

Old 05-09-2010, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
where in NC are you? man i am thinking about getting a mugen short shifter, how do you like it? and i never done audio before.. when are you putting those MTX's in? i kinda wanna see it if you are close enough to where i live.

welcome to the forum btw

Old 05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
I actually have the 12's in my 97 honda accord, but I am selling it to my brother when I pickup the Fit on Monday or Tuesday. Of course, the speakers stay with me.. I want to figure out a way to put them into the fit where it fits and looks nice. I'll let you know how the short shift handles. Right now I am riding in an automatic fit sport the dealership is letting me use till the car I ordered is delivered. It's the orange one which is actually not that bad a color. I been powersliding it all over the dead end road I live on... (hope they don't notice when I return it.)

Btw Vash I am about an hour west of Charlotte.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I got my Fit finally.. turns out I had to get silver because of some issues with the dealer that annoyed me a bit. I will get to drive it a bit before I get any mugen accessories because the parts will come after the car.. I figure that will make a good before and after picture. I'll get a photo up in a day or so. I really love the handling and feel of it driving around. It really has alot of room too, even more than I realized considering all the headspace. The system isn't too shabby for a stock one either... tho I did notice a little vibration in the back doors with some mid level bass. Is it just me or does the front windshield seem to go on forever? lol

Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
yeah the dealer tried to do that to me. but i was so stuck on getting white that i told them i will wait untill they get one in.. and it took like 2 more months lol.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
yeah the dealer tried to do that to me. but i was so stuck on getting white that i told them i will wait untill they get one in.. and it took like 2 more months lol.
me too, still waiting for my TWB Fit--hopefully it will only be a week or two, rather than 2 months

Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
I got my Fit finally.. turns out I had to get silver because of some issues with the dealer that annoyed me a bit.
Sorry you didn't get your first choice, but you're gonna quickly grow to love silver. Always shines like glass without a ton of cleaning. Congrats!

Dan

Old 05-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Hey guys here's a picture of my new fit.. isn't she pretty. I like the way the calibers and rims go well with the car. I'll probably hold off on changing my rims because of that for a bit. I want to get the windows tinted as well...tho all those windows it'll cost more. I'll post another picture with the mugen addons next week. I already put 400 miles on it just cruising about. I really enjoy the feel of the ride, tho the cabin does need some better sound suppression.

Name:  mycar.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  166.9 KB

Old 12-27-2010, 02:30 PM
new 2010 honda fit

I , I just got my new 2010 honda fit lx before xmas. I traded in my 2007 manual one for an automatic one. i sure love it. The only complaint i have is that the battery is too small and i have left the lights on for a short time 15 minutes to a half an hour and had a dead battery 3 times.
I went out and bought one of those emergency battery packs for jump starting the car.
Hondo needs to do the following on their next fits.
1. design the headlights so they automatically turn off when you turn off the key. this option is available in alot of other cars
2. Or use a larger battery. I never had this problem with my 2007 fit
Otherwise i totally love the car.
I drive a logging truck and I am shifting gears all day so that last thing i want to do is shift gears when i get off work. thats why i went to the automatic. i love it.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kahunajay
I , I just got my new 2010 honda fit lx before xmas. I traded in my 2007 manual one for an automatic one. i sure love it. The only complaint i have is that the battery is too small and i have left the lights on for a short time 15 minutes to a half an hour and had a dead battery 3 times.
I went out and bought one of those emergency battery packs for jump starting the car.
Hondo needs to do the following on their next fits.
1. design the headlights so they automatically turn off when you turn off the key. this option is available in alot of other cars
2. Or use a larger battery. I never had this problem with my 2007 fit
Otherwise i totally love the car.
I drive a logging truck and I am shifting gears all day so that last thing i want to do is shift gears when i get off work. thats why i went to the automatic. i love it.
Doesn't your Fit beep beep beep if you leave the lights on?

Old 12-27-2010, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
i think the driver is suffering from a case of selective deafness. where they (sub)consciously choose to ignore certain sounds. I've done that plenty of times and I always worry I might do that when I hear sirens.

Because I do the majority of my driving in the evening/night... its a routine of mine to turn on the lights when i get in and turn off when i get out. those I do miss the "auto" lights in the Pathfinder (what can I say, I'm lazy).

Old 12-27-2010, 03:11 PM
headlights left on

yes you are totally right about forgetting my headlights that are on. i try to remember to turn them off. it think my biggest problem is my other vehicle, the lights turn on and off automatically. its just a matter of retraining myself to remember. And yes at times i am both deaf and lazy. LOL

Old 12-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Congrats on your new ride!!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by kahunajay
It's also possible that you have one of the bad batteries that a lot of 2010 fits had. I wouldn't expect the battery to die quite that quickly. If the battery starts to need a jump even if everything is off, then you'll know to get it back to the dealer.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Tints shouldnt be that much, I got my whole car done minus a windshield strip for 160. ask around and your bound to find a good price from a good tinter and the second part is the more impt one. Make sure you ask around in ur area because the customers will give u the real info. that is how i found my guy.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Benny30
Hey guys here's a picture of my new fit.. isn't she pretty. I like the way the calibers and rims go well with the car. I'll probably hold off on changing my rims because of that for a bit. I want to get the windows tinted as well...tho all those windows it'll cost more. I'll post another picture with the mugen addons next week. I already put 400 miles on it just cruising about. I really enjoy the feel of the ride, tho the cabin does need some better sound suppression.

congrats...the Silver Storm metallic is an awesome color, that would be my first choice, i also like the blue sensation pearl as well.
tint the windows, it will look extremely sharp...congrats

Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Great looking Fit! Congrats!