2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why do so many members derail topics with "the Fit is not a sports car" comment

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Just got to let some people have their opinions and go on with it!

Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Tork
Yeah, derailed by poor reading comprehension LOL
I said some or many, and that was not a year I mentioned on the Miata!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I said

I do not get it, the Nissan forums I used to hang out on are just not like this. Rather than try to shoot holes with "why lighten your car, just go on a diet" "Why mod it, it is just an econo box"..people actually got on board with topics.

I think I may spend my time on a sewing forum, and post up "why you biotches making cloths? You can buy nice Asian sweat shop stuff cheaper than you can buy material"

I really hate to gripe, but for the Fit enthusiast who likes to individualize their cars, I do not know what to say.........
Sorry to upset you. I searched out two specific vehicles I have owned and two that I currently own.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
I do not get it, the Nissan forums I used to hang out on are just not like this. Rather than try to shoot holes with "why lighten your car, just go on a diet" "Why mod it, it is just an econo box"..people actually got on board with topics.
I've only been reading these forums for a week or so, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some people feel stuck in their Fits, or bought it for different reasons than those who it is suited for.

If someone wants a faster car, then they should get one or be happy with their Fit. /thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden

If someone wants a faster car, then they should get one or be happy with their Fit. /thread
QFT!!!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, y'all still talking about how Fit is not a "sports car"? lol

Old 05-06-2010, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
I've only been reading these forums for a week or so, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some people feel stuck in their Fits, or bought it for different reasons than those who it is suited for.

I'm kind of at a loss with your post. Are you saying one should be happy with their Fit the way it leaves the dealer? Do you feel this way about every single car manufactured that one shouldn't make their vehicle their's and just be the same as everyone else that has the same vehicle barring color choice and mission choice?

Name me a vehicle that has as much cargo capacity, comes with a manual mission, is as lightweight and as fun to drive? I'm not stuck in my Fit exactly. If I known I was only going to work in Guam for 20 months, I never would of sold my DC5R Integra and just shipped it up to mainland Japan from Okinawa and still purchased the Fit. If I didn't have dogs, I would of just kept my Snisen that I purchased while on Guam, but I know my wife was a bit tired of having them sit on her when we would take them to the park. Also at this time I can only own 1 vehicle thanks to base regulations (unless my wife decides to go take the written test for a base license), so with my third question above please tell me what would of been a better choice? I have planned on purchasing a Fit actually since late 2007 when the 2nd gen originally showed up here in Japan. Then I moved to Guam in January 2008. While on Guam and the new model was released, it just looked kind of goofy to me with the elongated front end so I didn't pick one up as a daily and just used the Snisen as the daily and auto-x vehicle.

Nobody is telling anyone that is not modding their Fit that they have to, so why is it that some of those that choose not to mod, have to question why an individual chooses to mod their vehicle with hopefully their own money. Are any of you questioning also funding the mods for others on their Fit? Short answer is NO, so please STFU already and we'll enjoy our Fits how we like and you enjoy your Fit how you like.

Now I think it should be /thread.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
You got me all wrong. I am saying that if you want to leave your Fit stock, then enjoy it and don't complain about people who want to mod it. Buy a fast car instead, or whatever makes them happy, otherwise be happy driving their stock Fit that they claim is so great. It is - to them.

From earlier tonight in the 'biggest loser' thread:
I still don't think there is anything wrong with tuning the hell out of the fit. It's not a sports car, but there isn't another car that does what it does. If there are products that are similar, then there is a big trade-off in there somewhere.
I think we're on the same page. Sorry if I wasn't clear before... the STFU comment was a little unnecessary though.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
That wasn't directed at you, it was in general to the people that want to bad mouth those that choose to mod their vehicle. My apologies for not making it more understandable.

I read your post afterwards in the Lose Weight thread and immediately thought, damn hayden was saying what I said.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
haha - it's all good.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
I am glad you guys got it all straightened out..... I enjoy reading what both of you post and I can't say that about every one ...

Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I am glad you guys got it all straightened out..... I enjoy reading what both of you post and I can't say that about every one ...
Fun topic me thinks! A bit edgy perhaps, not your typical thread Yeah a lot of my favorites posted up! And others that just won't have anything positive (from my perspective) to add, in other words a great template for putting together your ignore list You use the tools available to you to save time and make all the aspects of your life as enjoyable as possible

Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit really is one of the most versatile cars out there... and it makes an awesome sleeper!!! if people think the fit is slow, why bother? it will only be sweeter when you step on it I really love Honda but i'm a little tired of seeing people modding civics... so Fit FTW!

Old 05-08-2010, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think the stock Fit is sporty even I have a sport model. I bought it because it is practical. My kids were making fun of me when I first bought the car.
It is nimble and not slow for sure. I guess you can mod it to make it faster and sportier if you have time and money. Regardless, I love my Fit.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by vwli
My kids were making fun of me when I first bought the car.
My friends where also making fun of me they said stuff like "What? You couldnīt afford a minivan so you got this?!?

But thatīs because people here in Monterrey, Mexico are used to driving big SUV's or Pickup trucks and only consider these to be REAL cars. So I invited them to get in and take the car for a drive. Afterwards they were impressed with the way it drives, the ergonomics and all. They where left with no choice but to shut up, oh and that's before I told them about how much gas it consumes.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
My kid loves my Fit but thinks the supercharger is a bit much for a 60 year old guy to have put on one ..... I can't wait to here him scream like a little girl when I get to take him for a ride after I have finished with the high boost upgrade and the other things.... I have owned real sports cars and my son's first car was a MGB and we both like this car better.... It'll run off and hide from his wife's TSX.