2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Broken in now at 6K, and running sweeter than ever!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Broken in now at 6K, and running sweeter than ever!

This '10 AT Fit reminds me of my Vespa GT scoot, in that it's running much better now that the engine has been broken in a bit. 6K, and it seems to have hit a nice sweet spot! (And still with the original oil too, although I suspect an oil change might be upcoming soon..!)

Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chazzlee
This '10 AT Fit reminds me of my Vespa GT scoot, in that it's running much better now that the engine has been broken in a bit.
how long have you had your fit?

i think your engine is smoother because of the warmer weather.

i've had mine since october 2008.
the car hums in warmer weather.
like you, i'm in nj.
the car is just smoother in warmer weather.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spin out
how long have you had your fit?
i think your engine is smoother because of the warmer weather.
i've had mine since october 2008.
the car hums in warmer weather.
like you, i'm in nj.
the car is just smoother in warmer weather.
Nah, it's been proven to me many times over that cars, scooters, and motorcycles all run smoother after a certain break-in period! With the Vespa GT200 it was around 3K, and with this Fit it's about 6K methinks...

Suspension has lost some of it's initial harshness while still being firm, the motor just hums, and the steering- WoW! -I can't remember when I enjoyed a car so much! I can let go of the steering wheel and the car will track straight and true without deviation and yet respond and turn so effortlessly, and then it makes a U-turn in a tighter circle than my smaller Toy Echo can!

I can load in a bunch of conga drums, djembes, gunes, batas -all kinds of large hand percussion stuff with ease, and also our big Poodle loves to stretch out in the back!

I even like the fact that it's not as highly powered as some of today's big tanks are; when I step on the gas to pass someone the engine pulls, well, okay, but also it makes a good solid sound to remind me that I'm using up more gas! -Which AFAIC is just exactly the way a good car should sound in today's energy threatened world!

I'm in my 70's, have had many a car since my 20's, from Plymouths to Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, Volkswagon Beetles, and early Civics, and this 2010 AT Basic Fit is hands down the best car I've owned yet!

Last edited by Chazzlee; 04-28-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in my 70's, have had many a car since my 20's, from Plymouths to Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, Volkswagon Beetles, and early Civics, and this 2010 AT Basic Fit is hands down the best car I've owned yet!
that's pretty good.

why did you choose the base model?

if you love the base model, you'd probably be doing backflips w/ the sport.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spin out
that's pretty good.
why did you choose the base model?
if you love the base model, you'd probably be doing backflips w/ the sport.
I didn't like that 'johnny-racer' roof spoiler, have no use for "paddles", and the base was several "K$$" cheaper. And I've now added overhead map lights and keyless entry to my Base, so it has all the things I might've wanted with a Sport except for the USB connection, which I don't really need as I dnld my MP3s onto CDs.

A friend of mine who's a design engineer was one of the people who initially clued me in on how good a car the Fit is, and he has a Sport AT but says he never uses the paddle shifters!
And besides, I can do the same with my AT's "stick" lever as with the paddles, by jumping around from D2 to D1 to D, no?

Hey, as it is I usually put it into "N" with the handbrake on at a stoplight, 'cause I don't like foot-braking against a straining AT in "D". So when the light changes I just drop the brake, pop the lever back into "D", and take off, -which is not all that much different from a MT, right? And when driving in heavy NJ traffic, do I miss a clutch? - -What do you think?

No, I'm well satisfied with my '10 Base Fit, and I can honestly say I haven't once wanted either a Sport or a MT version!
It's a damn good car, no matter which version you have.........

Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
the Fit base model is decent, the rims are kinda blah, if you do a bit of upgrading the wheels...tint and a spoiler, the base fit looks good.
I heard the ride is softer on the Base model, sport model has stiffer suspension. The seats and dash are the same I think too.
I like the FIT sports the best personally, the OEM enkei wheels are solid and tinting the windows make its look great too. The design and style is far ahead of any north american car

Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
the Fit base model is decent, the rims are kinda blah, if you do a bit of upgrading the wheels...tint and a spoiler, the base fit looks good.
I heard the ride is softer on the Base model, sport model has stiffer suspension. The seats and dash are the same I think too.
I like the FIT sports the best personally, the OEM enkei wheels are solid and tinting the windows make its look great too. The design and style is far ahead of any north american car
Agree about the wheels and tinting. But hey, I put just $30 plastic spoked wheel covers on my Base, and the improved appearance is startling! Plus tinting will come soon...

I also stuck on three of those artificial portholes on each side of the fender, high up by the hood.
-I know, I know, -it prolly sounds terribly tacky, but I always liked those old Buicks with the portholes! -And it does looks cool onna Fit, surprisingly enough...
Seems the Fit has the body shape that these portholes look good on! (At least that's what some of my car-loving friends have begrudgingly told me..?)

I should post some pics of it. -But I can hear all the sighs and ughs and eeks from the mod purists already..!

Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't like that 'johnny-racer' roof spoiler, have no use for "paddles", and the base was several "K$$" cheaper. And I've now added overhead map lights and keyless entry to my Base, so it has all the things I might've wanted with a Sport except for the USB connection, which I don't really need as I dnld my MP3s onto CDs.
for me, cruise control and keyless entry were a must. plus the map lights and extra speakers are a nice touch. so i went with the sport... the additional $$ was worth it.

but you certainly did a nice upgrade with the keyless and map lights.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Alloy Wheels

Actually, Honda is closing out the 16" optional alloy wheels for only about $200 each. If I had the base model I would certainly consider that. They look much better than the stock wheels.

I also bought the Sport for the cruise, the sport shift, alloy wheels and the body fairings. We have found the USB connection really useful. As well as giving you music off your Ipod, the port will charge anything with a USB connection. I made a good deal on my car, so buying the Sport was a good decision for me.