2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How to annoy SUV drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by Selden
I had a car keyed once just for having a Darwin fish sticker. No problem with a FSM logo though, probably because the fundies didn't get the joke.

WOOOO Another flying spaghetti monster follower. Rock on dude Where did you get this darwin fish sticker? I dont understand why the world is not ready to just accept the truth and embrace the FSM.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
I don't get all these hate about people who drive SUV's as their daily driver. Sure they are wasting gas and sometimes muscle their way in when changing lanes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they drive like a bully all the time, maybe just at that instance. there are people who drive aggressively with small cars too. Them wasting gas is a given, but it's their choice and I personally have nothing against them.

Also with comments about them looking down on us, does it not occur to us that they are just minding themselves as much as we are down the road? Sure there are many people who think that we are dorks for choosing a Fit, but with us trying to annoy/provoke them or what not, we are basically being like those SUV owners who look down on us.

Not trying to be a buzz kill here folks, just shedding some light. Now, everyone can have fun again and won't hold anything against anyone in this thread.

Last edited by onemiglandicho; 04-27-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Typo as usual
Old 04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Another thing to think about when trying to annoy SUV drivers. Most people who own high dollar - gas guzzling SUV's can not only afford the SUV but they can also afford to put the gas in it and could probably care less about mpg.

I'm not saying it is the proper "Green" choice but nonetheless the truth.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
I just want to make sure everyone knows I drive the best damn car on the road and I look down on them with contempt

Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
I was working in downtown Dallas during the 1984 Republican National Convention managing a crew of kids that were hawking newspapers for USA Today in their ploy to get national television exposure...... I had a few bumper stickers that really got the delegates and all of the others with a right wing fundamentalist view of the world very pissed off.... "The Moral Majority Is Neither"..... "Abort the Moral Majority" ... and the one that pissed off everyone without a sense of humor..... "Nuke A Gay Commie Whale For Jesus"

Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
I was this close to get one of these and rock them on my rear window. lol

I may be slow but, I'm ahead of YOU! Bumper Sticker from Zazzle.com

Old 04-28-2010, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jkskrn
I was this close to get one of these and rock them on my rear window. lol

I may be slow but, I'm ahead of YOU! Bumper Sticker from Zazzle.com
That was the bumper sticker made famous by comedian Brother Dave Gardner and the reason for the demise of character Chuck's girlfriend Miss Baby after it was hair, teeth, and eyeballs all over the concrete after a double clutching E flat tractor trailer truck ran over them on their Harley Davidson side car rig with a buddy seat in the side car.... I heard that album close to 50 years ago.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
How about, "Made of 100% Recycled SUV Metal," and to kill two birds with one stone, add a "Pave The Rainforest" sticker for the tree huggers.

I used to have a "sierra club go hike to hell" sticker on my 4x4... too funny.
Yeah yeah yeah I have wisened up just a tad since then.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
How about, "Made of 100% Recycled SUV Metal," and to kill two birds with one stone, add a "Pave The Rainforest" sticker for the tree huggers.

I used to have a "sierra club go hike to hell" sticker on my 4x4... too funny.
Yeah yeah yeah I have wisened up just a tad since then.
hahaha. made of 100% recycled clunker =]

Old 04-28-2010, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
I've always wanted a bumper sticker that reads:

Jaywalk for Jesus -- Don't let big
government tell you what to do

Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I love the FSM! I don't have the patch, but I think it's awesome.

Political activism via my car isn't really my choice of things (I'd hate to get keyed over a damn sticker). I mainly have band stickers and an HRC sticker. I haven't been keyed yet! And I hope it stays that way. Santa Cruz is pretty lax with hippie/peace business anyways...

Old 04-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by SCBarren

Political activism via my car isn't really my choice of things (I'd hate to get keyed over a damn sticker). I mainly have band stickers and an HRC sticker. I haven't been keyed yet! And I hope it stays that way. Santa Cruz is pretty lax with hippie/peace business anyways...
Lol my town must be the opposite of Santa Cruz. The back of my car looks like those old Volvo station wagons that were converted into veggie burners because of all my stickers (I magnetize them so I can wax my car though, and surprisingly nobody has stolen one yet). My neighbors joke that I'm the liberal commie of the neighborhood. Most drivers have positive responses though; they smile and occasionally take pictures with their cell phones. Thumbs up for the HRC sticker btw, all my friends and family have them on their cars but most have no idea what it actually stands for lol.
In response to the FSM. I got this a while ago for my car

Last edited by mtunofun; 04-29-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
That is the best emblem I have ever seen. I want one... Now.

Also saw one with a Darwin fish humping a regular fish, but figured that might end up with bad results, as hilarious as it is.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 AM
I forgot what website I got it from but I got the big one for 7 dollars. People love that one, and the ones that dont frown and nod their heads lol. But I highly doubt that people would actually key cars because of political statements it's all in good fun and getting people to laugh.

On a side note, I was at car wash for the girls volleyball team at my old HS and all the girls was like, "AWWWWW I love your bear it's so cute!!!"

Old 04-29-2010, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SCBarren

In Santa Cruz, you'd probably be more at risk with an NRA sticker.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by mtunofun
Lol my town must be the opposite of Santa Cruz. The back of my car looks like those old Volvo station wagons that were converted into veggie burners because of all my stickers (I magnetize them so I can wax my car though, and surprisingly nobody has stolen one yet). My neighbors joke that I'm the liberal commie of the neighborhood. Most drivers have positive responses though; they smile and occasionally take pictures with their cell phones. Thumbs up for the HRC sticker btw, all my friends and family have them on their cars but most have no idea what it actually stands for lol.
In response to the FSM. I got this a while ago for my car
Haha, I see cars like that constantly around here. Lots of vanagons too xD.

I didn't know vacaville was so bad, but I bet its way better then some other places (Mid-west/south).

Why'd your friends/fam have HRC stickers and not know their meaning? lol. They just wanted a bright blue and yellow = sticker?

I've also seen NRA stickers here. It's pretty funny, but to each their own

Old 07-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Darwin Fish

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
WOOOO Another flying spaghetti monster follower. Rock on dude Where did you get this darwin fish sticker? I dont understand why the world is not ready to just accept the truth and embrace the FSM.
Darwin Fish and Evolve FISH sales, On-Line orders - call 1-800-386-5846 Emblems darwinfish and more!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by onemiglandicho
I don't get all these hate about people who drive SUV's as their daily driver. Sure they are wasting gas and sometimes muscle their way in when changing lanes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they drive like a bully all the time, maybe just at that instance. there are people who drive aggressively with small cars too. Them wasting gas is a given, but it's their choice and I personally have nothing against them.

Also with comments about them looking down on us, does it not occur to us that they are just minding themselves as much as we are down the road? Sure there are many people who think that we are dorks for choosing a Fit, but with us trying to annoy/provoke them or what not, we are basically being like those SUV owners who look down on us.

Not trying to be a buzz kill here folks, just shedding some light. Now, everyone can have fun again and won't hold anything against anyone in this thread.
You're absolutely right. It cracks me up everytime I read something about "all of them" being this way or that. My wife traded in her 4 wheel drive 4Runner that she owned for 10 years to buy a new Fit. What's impressive is she did it without having to have a lobotomy (?). Over night she went from "one of them" to a nice person!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Some Ugly Vehicle

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Size does matter

Name:  subtires003.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  191.0 KB

Though for what I'd spend in gas a month to drive it every day.. is insane. The Fit is like a mini Suburban inside.. seats fold flat

Quick Reply: How to annoy SUV drivers