2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Which color for me?
Silver Storm Metallic
44.79%
Taffeta White
55.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose a color!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
oh wow. I just looked above and realized that you made your purchase. Welcome to the forum! LOL

Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
the grays and dark pastel looking colors are all very "euro". I like them though =]
Likliness of me goin' euro with the Fit are high.
Name:  P2-4.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  78.8 KB

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Got the old LEDs from the SX4 put onto the Fit tonight. They are from superbrightleds.com and on the Suzuki, they were not as bright as the stock ones, but on the new Honda, they are brighter than the stock bulbs. The housing design must make a big difference. Very white - very awesome on the silver.

Name:  LEDs-003.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  22.8 KB

Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Likliness of me goin' euro with the Fit are high.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!
oooh very nice =]. The JDM/euro OEM looks are still my favorite. For a long time i was trying to see if I could buy a used set of JDM oem fit/jazz wheels online.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
oooh very nice =]. The JDM/euro OEM looks are still my favorite. For a long time i was trying to see if I could buy a used set of JDM oem fit/jazz wheels online.
Does Honda have any good wheels for an upgrade over here? Maybe a wider 16, or even a 17? Like the si wheels, or something? I haven't had a chance to really pour over all the past threads, but haven't really seen any "OEM plus" Fits. I'm thinking Mugen springs or Tanabe NF210s for this car. I want to improve everything a little bit, but not go over the top on anything. A true Sport Edition tune.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Does Honda have any good wheels for an upgrade over here? Maybe a wider 16, or even a 17? Like the si wheels, or something? I haven't had a chance to really pour over all the past threads, but haven't really seen any "OEM plus" Fits. I'm thinking Mugen springs or Tanabe NF210s for this car. I want to improve everything a little bit, but not go over the top on anything. A true Sport Edition tune.
Well I have the bronze HFP wheels. Those are OEM fit 16"X6" but I think theyre really heavy wheels. You could go with the factory Mugen's for the GE but I'm sure you'd pay an arm and a leg for those. Seems like not too many people are fans of those wheels either. I think some people rock the EP3 wheels, I cant remember if theyre 4 lug though. Also people like the civic HX 14" wheels because they closely resemble the DC2 TypeR wheels.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info! I am used to cars with more torque, and the whole super lightweight wheel thing has not played into the equation in my car tuning career yet. The euro crowd doesn't pay too much attention to it, although it is important. Superleggeras, for example, would be the equivalent of some super lightweight JDM wheels. Strength is most important to those guys I guess.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info! I am used to cars with more torque, and the whole super lightweight wheel thing has not played into the equation in my car tuning career yet. The euro crowd doesn't pay too much attention to it, although it is important. Superleggeras, for example, would be the equivalent of some super lightweight JDM wheels. Strength is most important to those guys I guess.
If anything, the euro crowd should pay the most attention to their wheel weight. Like their cars aren't heavy enough. LOL

Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
They're all about the style.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
I don't see very many white fits in my area, and when I do I just love it haha

Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
if i had to choose, it wouldn't be either of these colors...it would be BlackBerry Pearl first, then Blue Sensation Pearl

Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davidtmnguyen
I don't see very many white fits in my area, and when I do I just love it haha
Originally Posted by ftlmatt
if i had to choose, it wouldn't be either of these colors...it would be BlackBerry Pearl first, then Blue Sensation Pearl
LOL. The OP already bought the car.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Gotta ditch that dealer plate frame. Flat black looks better than chrome IMO when you buy one.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Went thru the same thing; either white or SSM. At first the wife liked white, while I liked red. But then we 'compromised' on either white or the SSM, which is still a fairly light color AFA heat problems go.
In the end we actually left the choice between white and SSM up to the dealer (to surprise us), and he came up with SSM...

Have the SSM for about 6 months now and I'm really glad the dealer picked that color! To me, white now looks like "kid", while the SSM says "more mature class here..!"

My opinion only... Everyone else's MMV!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Chazzlee
Went thru the same thing; either white or SSM. At first the wife liked white, while I liked red. But then we 'compromised' on either white or the SSM, which is still a fairly light color AFA heat problems go.
In the end we actually left the choice between white and SSM up to the dealer (to surprise us), and he came up with SSM...

Have the SSM for about 6 months now and I'm really glad the dealer picked that color! To me, white now looks like "kid", while the SSM says "more mature class here..!"

My opinion only... Everyone else's MMV!
WHAT?! you told the dealer to choose the color for you LOL well at least he picked the better of the two. SSM does look great on the Fit.
i would LOVE to paint my 2008 Fit Sport the same color as my 2003 Honda Civic was, Blue Sensation Pearl...
the Blue that came with the 2008 Fit's were too bright, i like the deeper, darker color blue's.
anyone recommend a good place to get a new paint job? mine is black pearl now.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
I was gonna go with white, but the dealership didn't have any at the time so I went with blue

Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 PM
anyone looking for a 2010 SSM FIT Sport..this looks like a pretty decent deal
Honda : Fit : eBay Motors (item 200465770943 end time May-03-10 19:34:13 PDT)

Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
im rolling with a black fit i wish i could go back and get a red or white one and goten mt instead good luck i think white is the best choice for you but who am i to say whats good for you?.........

Old 05-03-2010, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
After a few days in the car, I still think SSM was the best color for ME. I also still think that white, with a few mods, would probably look the "best" for this car out of the two. I know that is still subjective, but maybe it can be likened to high style/trendy fashion. It's out there, and it looks great. Do I wear it? Nope.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Word of advice either way: spend the money and have the 3m clearbra installed pretty much everywhere on the front end, including the side mirrors to help protect the paint. Wish I had before I got any imperfections.

I have the white 09, and about 47,000 miles at the moment. This word of advice is seconded here. Wish I would've had clearbra installed.

Quick Reply: Help me choose a color!