2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Which color for me?
Silver Storm Metallic
44.79%
Taffeta White
55.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose a color!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I say white. . I love mine!

Old 04-27-2010, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
I'm in a similar situation, and picked silver because it looked more grown up. Look at two cars side by side on the lot and you'll know what I mean. TW was out of the question once I compared side by side.
I'm glad the buying process took as long as it did, because I eventually came to the same conclusion. White GEs are everywhere here. I even saw two on my test drive. I think I would be really happy with either color, but I decided on SSM, and a dealership just dropped the price on an '09 Manual... so I bought it!!

Overall, the process took the better part of two whole days of haggling and getting my current vehicle appraised from several places. I also went through the motions on a new one, I decided the used one was the most reasonable choice, all things considered. I got exactly what I wanted though, so I didn't have to compromise in that regard.

The 1-2 shift feels weird, which I ascertained is normal with a quick search, and the A/C is mildewy, which I will need to look into. Otherwise, it's perfect!

Now to plan out a few little mods. Can't leave it completely stock for longer than 24 hours - you know. Nothing crazy though. Don't expect a new forum member who is going to give you all lots of eye candy and crazy build threads, but at least I am now a member of the fam.

And I like to post.. be warned.

EDIT: I just did a national search on Autotrader for used Fit Sport manuals with under 15,000 miles on them and, unbelievably, I got the second least expensive one for sale in the whole damn country within that criteria (paid $14,995.) Honda's incentives right now have made these a hot item again, kind of like when the gas crunch hit, and people are spending their tax returns on new cars it seems. There just aren't any to be had, and people are reserving all the manuals, so they won't even make it to the lot - so no ability to haggle equals MSRP, basically.

The place I bought it from just knocked about 2 grand on the price the other day in order to move it by the end of the month. I'm sure at other times, and in different markets, things would be very different than it is right now (cheaper), but hey, I'm pretty damn happy right now. Got absolutely top dollar for the trade too.

Last edited by hayden; 04-28-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
White GEs are everywhere here. I even saw two on my test drive.
Where I live, white Fits are are as rare as hen's teeth and silver ones and red ones are everywhere. I've only seen one other TW Fit. Go figure.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Where I live, white Fits are are as rare as hen's teeth and silver ones and red ones are everywhere. I've only seen one other TW Fit. Go figure.
It's hot as hell here. Probably the reason. I've only seen a couple of gray ones since I started carefully looking for them over a week ago, and probably 10 white ones or so. I wondered WTH you guys were talking about with white being so rare, but weather probably effects the regional distribution of colors.

White probably looks better in a lot of ways, especially with a few mods, but I will be much more comfortable in the silver. The lady at Honda said she thought I was more of a silver kinda guy. Personality plays into it I guess. I'm also a former eurosnob, and it's a more familiar look.

Thank you all for your replies! You made it a lot easier!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
WHITE...hands down; bar none

Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Too late!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
I'd say to dump both the silver and the white and go for something more exciting. White is an old man car. I'm an old man and I wouldn't get it. Silver is so common now.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, silver is common, but GEs aren't exactly civics when it comes to number of sales. I still don't see too many of them. It's already a plenty distinctive enough of a design. I looked at literally 1000s of pics of JDM fits, and silver seems to be the commuter color, and blue and black seem to be most prevalent with the tuner crowd. Plenty of white ones too. As far as I could tell on carview, all the colors are popular, but silver sports are not too common over there. The blue color is stunning, but I just traded in a slightly lighter blue and am ready for a change.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
I have a blaze orange and the wife wants to get it repainted (due to some superficial damage) to either white or a silver. If I can't talk her into a gunmetal color (a bit darker than the ssm), it will be white.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
I think it would look great in that darker gray metallic that honda offers.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ReeSpeed
I have a blaze orange and the wife wants to get it repainted (due to some superficial damage) to either white or a silver. If I can't talk her into a gunmetal color (a bit darker than the ssm), it will be white.
If I were going to pay to get my car repainted I would go with a color thats not factory, just because. I would probably go with that JDM yellow color that we don't get over here.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
no offend by any means, white color feels a little more sharp.But cops like it. Sliver is everywhere, so cops don't see it.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
I think it would look great in that darker gray metallic that honda offers.
I really like the Evolution 8 MR charcoal gray or whatever it was and I think the fit would look great that color too.
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
If I were going to pay to get my car repainted I would go with a color thats not factory, just because. I would probably go with that JDM yellow color that we don't get over here.
Yeah I would prefer to have a one off color too but I know I don't want the attention that yellow would bring. I had a yellow '88 prelude about 15 years ago that I loved but I wont do yellow ever again...

Old 04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
If I were going to pay to get my car repainted I would go with a color thats not factory, just because.
Might as well, yeah. The dark gray Honda color is pretty though! Lots of metallic. Toyota's is too. Gray is hardly ever very exciting of a color in and of itself, but it looks good when it's slapped on some sheet metal.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
The 1-2 shift feels weird, which I ascertained is normal with a quick search, and the A/C is mildewy, which I will need to look into. Otherwise, it's perfect!
If you bought a new car, mildew smell is absolutely unacceptable. Take it back to the dealer and get them to rectify the problem, under warranty, before it gets worse.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Might as well, yeah. The dark gray Honda color is pretty though! Lots of metallic. Toyota's is too. Gray is hardly ever very exciting of a color in and of itself, but it looks good when it's slapped on some sheet metal.
Thats a fine example of the color family I'm lookin into

Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
The 1-2 shift feels weird, which I ascertained is normal with a quick search, and the A/C is mildewy, which I will need to look into. Otherwise, it's perfect!.
Awesome man...congrats! The A/C smell is probably from the in-cabin filter which can be changed. You are probably smelling the prior owners lung butter The dealer prob charges a lot to replace but you can do it yourself for cheap.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
The car is used, and under warranty. The a/c probably hasn't been used in a year. After driving it around all day, I don't smell anything anymore. A search on this site netted lots of results about this. Thanks for the suggestion on the filter.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Grey

This car could be covered in dog poop and still look great.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ReeSpeed
Thats a fine example of the color family I'm lookin into
the grays and dark pastel looking colors are all very "euro". I like them though =]

Quick Reply: Help me choose a color!