2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Blue Sensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
New Blue Sensation

Didn't know whether it was better to post this here or in the "GE8 Photos" forum, so I'll post it here also.

2010 Blue Sensi Pearl w/navigation. etc.

I wanted to do a really good photo shoot and add some things to my 2010 Fit first, but I haven't found the right time or situation. So I just fired off a few quick shots in a parking lot, really late the other night.

I know a few regulars here don't like to see new "stock" Fits. Sorry, what the heck, here it is. When I do some mods and/or get a chance to do some more "creative" pics I will post more.

NewBlueSensi.jpg?t=1271436701

The "Midnight Blue" (on license plate) is a personal joke... sorry!
HaveAFit2.jpg?t=1271436734

Love this color at night
NewBlueSensi3.jpg?t=1271436463

I know, I know... "Needs to be lowered," new wheels, "More Low," exhaust, tint, blah, blah, blah....

I want to do a lot of things, but I don't have the time, or the funds to do all at once... but things are coming.

I have visors that are going on when I get the chance. I've already kinda' installed an XM Onyx Satellite system... but I still need to route all of the wiring properly. I have it routed out of the passenger-side rear window temporarily. Wires are out of the way, but not properly hidden, yet.

I'm impressed with this little XM Onyx unit. It even has about 8 color Themes for when you get tired of looking at the same old display... so the unit looks good too. Scrolling info, 10 XM favorite presets of your choice, recall, etc. For the money it's excellent!

Will post more pics and add-ons when I get the chance.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
BSP looks so good in the dark, makes me want to reconsider silver...

Lol nice photoshop on that sign post, just noticed that.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice color!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
I love that color. You did a nice job with the pics too, what kind of camera do you have?

Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
i have a BSP also...i think the color is best a sunset!!! you get to see all these different colors!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
it is a very pretty color, very similar to the Blue Belize Pearl that my Accord was

i just thought that color was a pain to keep clean so i went back to white with the Fit.

i agree with all the comments above but one additional scenario that sets the color off is at night under heavy lighting, like in a parking structure or when you pick someone up at the airport.

congrats on the new car!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Lookin good man! Nice shots!

Let me know how the visor install goes--I want some oem ones myself, is that what you're getting?

Old 04-16-2010, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
BSP looks so good in the dark, makes me want to reconsider silver...

Lol nice photoshop on that sign post, just noticed that.
Yeah, I'm really happy with the color choice. Although, in order get one with navigation I had to wait over three months for it to come in. I could have had any other color in all that time... just no BSP.

The Photoshop was an afterthought... just seemed humorous to me for some reason.

Originally Posted by jondotcom
Very nice color!
Wish I could take the credit for the color... as far as producing it!

Originally Posted by mike2100
I love that color. You did a nice job with the pics too, what kind of camera do you have?
Thanks for the pic compliment. When I get some serious time to blow, I'll do a cool location and spend a little more time on the photography aspect. That kind of thing just takes some time. I miss the personal photography projects... I don't get the time to do those much anymore.

As for the camera, it's a Nikon D70s. When I get the time to do a planned shoot with the Fit, I'll break out some serious flash and use the D300.

I've always been a Nikon guy... my instructor in school was a Nikon man. He loved Nikons so much it rubbed off on me, and I just never looked back when it comes to that format. I think Nikon is the best... but Canon and other brand users would probably disagree with me!

Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
i have a BSP also...i think the color is best a sunset!!! you get to see all these different colors!
Hey man, we BSP-ers are a unique group! You know, in certain light, it almost seems to have a semi flip-flop effect. It looks as if it has purple in it, I've even seen hints of green in certain types of lighting at night. I guess it's the silver fleck in the paint picking up all of the surrounding colors/hues. And yeah, sunset is awesome against this color.

Originally Posted by socalkid1
... very similar to the Blue Belize Pearl that my Accord was...
... i just thought that color was a pain to keep clean so i went back to white with the Fit.

i agree with all the comments above but one additional scenario that sets the color off is at night under heavy lighting, like in a parking structure or when you pick someone up at the airport.

congrats on the new car!
Yeah, well, as far as a "pain to keep clean," I almost always buy black cars. Believe it or not, even with all of the pollen in the air right now, it's not as bad as black is to keep clean. A lot more difficult than white, for sure, but I'll deal with it because I like the BSP so much.

And yeah, I want to find a really nice location for a shoot. Parking structures are cool... and if you can find really nice views that can be seen outside of and around the structure it's even better. Like I said above, I'll try and get a little more serious about the next "Fit-scursion"!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Lookin good man! Nice shots!
Thanks. I love night shots.

Let me know how the visor install goes--I want some oem ones myself, is that what you're getting?
I already got the OEM Honda visors. Like I said, I just haven't had time to install them.

One reason for the delay is I'm trying to find the time to do a complete DIY for the forum, when installing them. I don't recall seeing a really in-depth OEM visor install on the forum... correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it will help someone else with their install.

I'm hoping the install is easier than Honda makes it seem in their PDF (their directions). I'll find out soon enough.

I thought about the Mugen visors... but the heck with that. I don't think the Mugen visors look so good that it justifies their price -- especially in comparison to the OEM visor price.

If you're debating yourself over the choice between OEM and Mugen, I say go for the OEMs. Spend the money you'll save on other Fit enhancements. I mean, they're visors for crap sake! Personally, I think the OEMs look just as nice.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
expect to clay bar the rear bumper alot cuz all the dirt and grime seems to fall down there...idk y but one day last year not washing the car for like 3 weeks, there was a lot of dirt and when i tried washing it off, the dirt began to scratch the paint....and another thing, scratches seems to appear pretty easy on this color

Old 04-17-2010, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
expect to clay bar the rear bumper alot cuz all the dirt and grime seems to fall down there...idk y but one day last year not washing the car for like 3 weeks, there was a lot of dirt and when i tried washing it off, the dirt began to scratch the paint....and another thing, scratches seems to appear pretty easy on this color
Lol! Yeah, I'm noticing all of the accumulated pollen and dirt down there. The dirt, etc. is already making me crazy... I like clean rides.

I'm going to go ahead and get/install the Rear Bumper Applique... that will at least cut down on looking dirty, and protect the finish somewhat too.

A Honda guy said if you remove the applique using the proper stuff, it will remove as if never there... no residue or damage to the paint after taking it off. Don't know about that... but I see no reason to remove it once it's installed anyway.

Scratches appear on darker paints faster than others... it's an auto paint given. I've posted about this before, but it doesn't help with the more-recent-than-not restrictions on paint hardeners, which, I now understand are being passed on to automakers, as well as aftermarket body shops.

Some say Honda's paint sucks. Honda has company in that category. I think before overboard regulatory intrusion paints were superior to what's allowed today. Most paints suck today in comparison to that of even a few years ago, because of ingredients no longer "allowed" in hardeners.

I'll just keep it protected as well as possible. After that, what can you do?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I want own visors but worried about the install so do your diy and help me out. Visors and a windshield tint strip are my must haves for the summer I've decided.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Nice color!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
I want own visors but worried about the install so do your diy and help me out. Visors and a windshield tint strip are my must haves for the summer I've decided.
Hey, don't worry about the install. I hope I didn't make you weary of it by saying something about Honda's directions. It's just some of their graphics showing the window sashes, the molding and where certain clips go are a little confusing as to what angle they're trying to illustrate. Some of the actual worded directions are a little unclear as to what they're talking about too. I think I finally figured out what they're trying to show now. It's not a huge deal regardless... it will get done, and in the proper way.

And yeah, if you give me a little time (I have 4 things going at once, and not enough time to do any of them right now) I will definitely do the DIY, post it, and let you know when it's up.

The windshield tint strip sounds like a great idea. I'm making a trip, possibly two to Florida this summer... I will need all of the tinting I can get, down there. If you live in Texas, you know what I mean. The two climates I understand are fairly similar in summer... extreme heat and extreme humidity.

Cheers!