2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Locating a white 2010 - Good luck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Locating a white 2010 - Good luck...

Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum so I wanted to say hello.

I am trying to buy a 2010 White Honda Fit Sport Manual and they don't seem to exist!!! I am in Southern California, where you would think they would be plenty, but I am having some serious difficult finding one.

Does anyone have any information as to why this is such a difficult car to find?

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by optionboy
Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum so I wanted to say hello.

I am trying to buy a 2010 White Honda Fit Sport Manual and they don't seem to exist!!! I am in Southern California, where you would think they would be plenty, but I am having some serious difficult finding one.

Does anyone have any information as to why this is such a difficult car to find?

Thanks!
Supply and demand sort of thing. Not many manuals out there and the white is popular. What I did is to go edmunds and do a locate within 250 miles. Then I got my arse over to the first dealer that had one in stock (if they had a VIN and would give me a quote). Closed the deal right then and there and was willing to keep my bargaining to a minimum. That's the only way to get a MT Fit in your choice of color around my parts.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Supply and demand sort of thing. Not many manuals out there and the white is popular. What I did is to go edmunds and do a locate within 250 miles. Then I got my arse over to the first dealer that had one in stock (if they had a VIN and would give me a quote). Closed the deal right then and there and was willing to keep my bargaining to a minimum. That's the only way to get a MT Fit in your choice of color around my parts.
Thanks for the response. Appreciate it!

I checked Edmunds but it seems to be limited to a general inventory search - won't search for a "Sport"... Or at least I couldn't see that it did. I am in communication with a fleet manager in the area. He says that TWO (2) of the car I am looking for are for sale in CA - not even remotely close to here though.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get one ordered? There seems to be a supply issue right now.

Thanks again!

Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
In my case, limiting to MT resulted in few enough finds that I could just look through all the cars and take it from there. I don't know what the wait is if you order. I personally would rather wait until one shows up and then pounce but I know others have ordered theirs and done OK with that approach.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered my fit from my local dealer. Its still not here yet, and I ordered it last month. They gave me my build date though.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
Good luck. haha

Old 04-11-2010, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
ill sell you mine for $19k.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
just keep pounding the dealers' websites that show realtime inventory... i live north of LA and i looked from Bakersfield to Palmdale/Lancaster to Santa Barbara and then south, and i found one dealer with a Taffeta M/T at Diamond Honda, about 60 miles from my home... this was all a little over 2 weeks ago.

this color/trim combination are few and far between in the southland right now

Old 04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Just be patient and do the edmund's thing, I looked for mine for 4 months but it was totally worth the wait!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Why not just get a base model --> White + manual. The base model weighs significantly less and you can choose your own rims (rather than financing them over 5 years --> $$$$). Just buy a sport bumper and side skirts if it matters to you.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks for all of the information. The entire process has actually been very aggravating. If you call a dealer and ask them if they have it - they say no. BUT, maybe they can get it for you if you give them your number, etc... They have access to a dealer locator so they know where it is, but you can't know... IF they can't make the deal, then they give you the info. Great huh? This is pretty shotty practice on Honda's part (referring to Honda corporate). I have to call a dealer 500 miles north of me because I want a 5-spd? You have to be kidding... Oh, but I can get 10 in black... Not white though... "If you want to give me your name and number I can call you back tomorrow if I can locate one..."

I am reading stories of people who somehow ordered theirs, got shipping confirmation, etc... I am wondering if things operate a little different in So.Cal... In my opinion you SHOULDN'T have to do the dealers work for them, aka locating the car yourself, if you want to buy a NEW car.

Sorry, - rant over... This entire experience makes me dislike honda... Which is sad, because I have owned at least 7 of them... Including 2 new ones...

Old 04-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by optionboy
...They have access to a dealer locator so they know where it is, but you can't know...
not necessarily true unless the dealer you're calling doesn't have online inventory (which i can tell you is the minority in So Cal from experience in searching for mine).

sorry man but what you're experiencing isn't just isolated to Honda's, ultimately dealers want to sell you A car. yeah, theyd like to see you the car you want most because then you walk away happy and hopefully refer others in the market for a car to them too. but in the end, a dealer wants the sale, whether that means making you compromise or not, Honda or not.

i told you how i found mine - pound dealer websites. spend a few hours finding the car you want (took me an evening of browsing). if its not in the area its not in the area (which i can believe given my experience in finding mine) and then you have to wait.

if going 500 miles away to get the car you want is too much of pain in the ass to you, then so be it. my cousin went 400 miles to get a Tahoe he wanted because of the deal he scored and cus it was the car he wanted. my neighbor went to Salt Lake City, UT!!! for a Cooper S when they first came out because he wanted it so bad (and dealers in LA were marking them up $5k off MSRP at the time). if you want it that bad you'll do what it takes, if you dont you dont.

good luck, hopefully you'll score the Taffeta M/T Sport you're after.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
The dealer that I got my Fit (white AT) from told me that I can get whichever Fit I want if I am willing to wait 3 weeks because they can still order 2010. Luckly they found mine from their sister dealer about 100 miles from them. Good luck!

Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
i had to reserve mine from like when it was being built. so it took me like over a month to get it. almost 2 months.

a white 2010 sport manual

Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
I think 2 different situations are being discussed here.

1. If there are ZERO cars that fit your description in you area, and you want to reserve a car from the next shipment from the factory, you can place an order through your dealer and wait for it. Lots of people buy cars this way and there is nothing wrong with that. My friend just got a Jetta TDI this way. Had to wait about 2 months.

2. But if there is a car that fits your description within a reasonable distance, I think you should get it yourself, rather than having your local dealer locate it. Yes, it may be hard to locate it but like socalkid1 said, if you are willing to work at it, you will find one sooner or later. That's what I did because if you've read my thread about my purchase, you know that the dealer took my deposit and just basically sat on it. Several TW MT Fits came and went at dealers within 200 miles and my dealer did not get any of them for me. But the minute I got my deposit back I went after one myself, I got my car within a week. So why would I want to give them a deposit and lock myself in with one dealer when I have WAY more flexibility by locating the car myself?

In the end, I found my car within 50 miles and just went and got it. I highly recommend this approach. Just make a list of bookmarks of dealers and check their websites and edmunds every day. I think you'll find a car within a few weeks. And remember, no VIN, no car. I refused to talk to any dealer or accept any quotes unless there was a VIN. So if they said, "yeah, come on down, we have your car and here is a great price" but there was no VIN, I said no thanks.

Good luck!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm probably trading in for a CR-Z this summer. I'd sell my '09 white m/t sport but I'm pretty far away..

Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
dgs
Why does it have to be white? You do understand the manual transmission Fit sport is a limited production car and then you want to make it more difficult by specifying a certain color?

I don't understand what the infatuation people have with white, silver, and gray cars, can it get any more boring? If I never saw another white or silver car in my life (including mine) I would be perfectly fine with it.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I used Autotrader.com if it's any help to ya'. You can enter manual trans, white, and the word 'sport' under the advanced search. Yeah, everyone wants a white, sport manual. By the time we get ours it may be too popular? I almost think an orange rev. metallic would be cool with a charcoal or bronze set of wheels. A little class and a change from the 'black' wheel trend, which I really like as well. I ordered mine in mid March and it should be here in two weeks. My dealer was able to 'intercept' one that had a build date and was scheduled for delivery to a different dealer. I guess nobody had pre-ordered that one yet? So, maybe a good dealer could get one for you that's being built right now...

Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
i hope this discontinue white so our TW GE will be worth more.

as i said..if price is right, ill sell mine. 14,000 miles.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
Its a 3-4 month wait if you order yours.