2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Lyon's free adjustable spoiler mod!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Pandahh
why would you want to mod an aftermarket wing??

i cant find a duck bill wing for the GE, so why not try to mod one and run the similar look?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
Here's mineName:  2011-03-02114937.jpg
Views: 2578
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  2011-03-02114614.jpg
Views: 2355
Size:  85.6 KB

Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 PM
NICE think ima have to do this to my fit this weekend. Easy mod

Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 PM
where has lyron been? i haven't seen him post anything lately. i wonder how his turbo setup is going.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
where has lyron been? i haven't seen him post anything lately. i wonder how his turbo setup is going.
he posted this in another thread...

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
There's just never anything interesting here, so I strike terror, leave for several months, come back, still borring, terror, leave, ad infinitum. It seems alot of the old talent has left even in the GD crowd.
as for his turbo...

Beat a 4cyl accord today. What Could be more embarrassing than getting beat by a virtually stock at fit.
seems to indicate he's not particularly doing much with the Fit anymore.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
he posted this in another thread...

as for his turbo...

seems to indicate he's not particularly doing much with the Fit anymore.
aww man. i was hopeing he'd be turbo AND supercharged by now.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator
Just did this to mine after wrapping it in vinyl haha. I present, the cheap ghetto duckbill:

Name:  IMG_5250.jpg
Views: 5371
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5236.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5238.jpg
Views: 6501
Size:  60.5 KB

Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Cool mod. Looks easy to do, even for a guy who has never done ANY mods what so ever. Has anyone ever filled in the space created by this mod? I was thinking of doing fiberglass (I have no experience what so ever with FB) and then attach it using 3M double sided tape so it won't be permanent.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by PinoyBoy
Cool mod. Looks easy to do, even for a guy who has never done ANY mods what so ever. Has anyone ever filled in the space created by this mod? I was thinking of doing fiberglass (I have no experience what so ever with FB) and then attach it using 3M double sided tape so it won't be permanent.
Hmm. Sounds like a plan haha. I don't think anyone has done this before with this mod-- mainly because I think this mod was made to be an easy change-up, but I could be wrong.

Which gap by the way? Or every gap? Because if you did the whole fiberglass idea on the sides, and maybe extended the tip/end of the spoiler, it would look very very similar to the JDP spoiler wouldn't it? Hello

Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Exactly. I really want to get the JDP spoiler since it uses the Fit's mounting points, but I can't shell out that much money right now. I figured that wrapping it in vinyl should help me get away from painting the add-on very well. Maybe something like this, and then wrapped in 3M di-noc.

Please excuse my MS Paint skills

Picture belongs to FitFreak member Pandahh.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator
Yea-- that doesn't seem impossible. But like you said about the fiberglass, either you find something to practice on or you find someone who can hook you up haha. Another thing (though this is coming from someone who's only started working with vinyls only recently) wrapping my spoiler with CF vinyl was a pain on the edges/curves trying to use only one piece haha.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I think I'm going to attack this mod later today. I'll post pics.....someday.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Alright just got it done and I must say its pretty damn easy. The only bit of trouble I had was pulling out those damn white clips. I only ended up using 2 bolts on the outer most holes. Anyone else only using 2?

Name:  ff9ff636.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  136.8 KB

Old 06-10-2013, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Oldie but a goodie. Just did this at work, super easy and I think it looks great

Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 AM
thanks for this thread! now i have something to do this weekend

Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Epic!

Thanks for the tips & trick guide Lyron. This is my mod~ 60mm M6x1.00 Bolts, washers and nuts to hold them together, two 1/2" bronze flange sleeves and 4 plastic flange inserts for the flange sleeve to prevent scratches and to hold the spoiler from bouncing too much when enduring constant vibration.

Last edited by FortisXLII; 03-30-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FortisXLII
Thanks for the tips & trick guide Lyron. This is my mod~ 60mm M6x1.00 Bolts, washers and nuts to hold them together, two 1/2" bronze flange sleeves and 4 plastic flange inserts for the flange sleeve to prevent scratches and to hold the spoiler from bouncing too much when enduring constant vibration.
Like your look. Nice job. A little more description on the parts you used please. What are they specifically? Where did you pick them up? Does hatch open OK? I wonder if mine would hit my Shark fin if I went this way?

Old 03-31-2014, 08:03 AM
Just go to lowes or ace hardware (i pref acehardware only because you can bs prices for parts) make sure you look for metric size 6x1.00 length 50mm+ helix bolts, that's basically the only important thing you should know. Then you need to find bolt sleeves big enough to support a large portion of the spoiler to restrict it from bouncing.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 AM
Let's face it, if you're like me, you think the stock spoiler makes the rear end look a little ugly. So I decided I wanted to give the spoiler a more aggresive angle. However, I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. So one day I removed the spoiler and in my haste I managed to drop it and then even worse I managed to break one of those cheap plastic clips. In the end I gave up and bolted it back on but in the process I managed to over torque one of the bolts and snapped the bolt in half. Several days passed. I finally attempted extraction but failed. So I had to bust out helicoil. At this point I realized I needed to fix the plastic clip...

That's when it hit me:

I replaced the plastic clips with bolts that fit perfectly in their respective reciever in the hatch. I also used nuts that where wide enough to prevent the bolts from sliding past the nut's position. (might need some washers to get a tight fit on the spoiler end)

So I painted the white reciever clips on the hatch black. Then slid the 4 bolts into their holes along with the spoiler and bolted down the spoiler on top. I could still reach the nuts under the spoiler with a wrench to adjust the angle of the spoiler. Like so:

As you can see the bolts aren't an eye sore even at this extreme angle where you can see them.

The results:

^^^This is the main angle I wanted to improve. From dead on behind (i.e. a car sitting behind you) stock doesn't look the best imo with a spoiler that covers the top of the window.

Stock for comparision:

Looks a bit better IMO and more importantly still not rice.

Best part is, you can lower it more or raise it up a bit more. There is a limit to how high you can go before it starts to look ugly but anyone should be able to find a level they are happy with.
Wish I could see your pics :/ lol but do the bolts show in anyway? Would any water get into the hatch if raining or during car wash? I really wanna tilt my spoiler but I'm sketchy that its just gunna cause problems. I'm stuck between buying a eBay spoiler or doing this diy tilt mod

Old 01-11-2017, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
Go here to see mine. Bolts do not show, no leaks and have had for a few years now. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ler-mod-2.html

Quick Reply: Lyon's free adjustable spoiler mod!