2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit withdrawals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Fit withdrawals?

So tell me guys, what's the longest you've gone without driving your Fit? I'm currently deployed and it's been 3 months since I've last driven it. And wont see it for another 4-5 months. My girlfriend dropped me off at the airport in it, probably not the best place to drive your Fit, I know...

Driving really noisy humvees around horrible terrain without A/C in the heat makes me miss the Fit's smooth comfortable ride, and just driving on paved roads altogether.

Can't wait to come back as me and my girlfriend will be going on our third road trip to Austin... but this time in the Fit!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks for your service to our country.

Originally I had a GD, but my friend totaled it. I drove a 90 golf for 3 weeks that my friend had laying around. . What a pos. My dealer finally found my white GE. . And I was happy as hell to be back in a fit.

Last edited by hondaFORlife; 04-08-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by calrose rice
So tell me guys, what's the longest you've gone without driving your Fit? I'm currently deployed and it's been 3 months since I've last driven it. And wont see it for another 4-5 months. My girlfriend dropped me off at the airport in it, probably not the best place to drive your Fit, I know...

Driving really noisy humvees around horrible terrain without A/C in the heat makes me miss the Fit's smooth comfortable ride, and just driving on paved roads altogether.

Can't wait to come back as me and my girlfriend will be going on our third road trip to Austin... but this time in the Fit!

Yes, I too wish you were back here driving your Fit.

Thank you for your selfless service to our country. It's those like yourself who give their lives for those like me, who allow me to drive my Fit and sleep in my bed safely at night, who deserve everything good life has to offer, and more.

I don't envy you, considering you're nearly fighting two enemies- those both foreign and domestic. Those abroad, and the enemies within our own borders who wish to diminish, or rather destroy the very liberties and freedoms you're ironically fighting for! But take heart... REAL CHANGE is coming.

My wife and I thank you! If you need anything when you return, PM me on this forum and I will do my best to help... I, WE ALL, owe you!

Don't worry about the candy-@$$3s who hate the soul of this nation, and those who aren't appreciative of what you do for them. They don't matter... they're far too wrapped up in themselves for anyone else to be concerned about them!

Thanks again!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Great post^^

Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Is there no place left, not even FF, where people can have a conversation without injecting their personal politics? I try hard to respect people's opinions, whether I agree with them or not. Certainly there are better forums for political discourse, than FF.

---

Back on topic, I have a hard time on the rare occasions that I drive my pickup truck or my wife's car on an errand. Everything else just feels clumsy.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8

Thank you for your selfless service to our country. It's those like yourself who give their lives for those like me, who allow me to drive my Fit and sleep in my bed safely at night, who deserve everything good life has to offer, and more.

I don't envy you, considering you're nearly fighting two enemies- those both foreign and domestic. Those abroad, and the enemies within our own borders who wish to diminish, or rather destroy the very liberties and freedoms you're ironically fighting for! But take heart... REAL CHANGE is coming.

My wife and I thank you! If you need anything when you return, PM me on this forum and I will do my best to help... I, WE ALL, owe you!

Don't worry about the candy-@$$3s who hate the soul of this nation, and those who aren't appreciative of what you do for them. They don't matter... they're far too wrapped up in themselves for anyone else to be concerned about them!

Thanks again!
Oh wow. I really wasn't expecting such an overwhelmingly positive response. Just wanted to know how long others have gone without driving their Fits.

Thanks for your support! Really do appreciate it...

Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by kestep
Is there no place left, not even FF, where people can have a conversation without injecting their personal politics? I try hard to respect people's opinions, whether I agree with them or not. Certainly there are better forums for political discourse, than FF.

---

Back on topic, I have a hard time on the rare occasions that I drive my pickup truck or my wife's car on an errand. Everything else just feels clumsy.
Not really politics, more like a moral upper. I have plenty of friends serving out there, and they could all use support like annunc8's post.

Thanks again, OP. there ARE people who have tons of respect, and appreciation for you guys. Stay safe.
Back on topic. . I also miss my fit after driving my dumptruck for 12 hours lol

Old 04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
Not really politics, more like a moral upper. I have plenty of friends serving out there, and they could all use support like annunc8's post.

Thanks again, OP. there ARE people who have tons of respect, and appreciation for you guys. Stay safe.
Back on topic. . I also miss my fit after driving my dumptruck for 12 hours lol
Should we change the topic to: 'What other vehicles do you guys drive that make you miss the Fit?' I could definitely see driving a dump truck for 12 hours would make you miss your Fit haha.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Lol yea u ain't kidding.
I get in the fit and it feels like a Ferrari hahhaha

Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks again!
Congratulations! Based on this and some of your other posts, you have earned the special honor of being the first fitfreak member to make my ignore list. Keep up the good work and one day, all your "enemies" (real and imagined) will disappear from your life and you will be left only with people that agree with you 100%--you know, the "real" Americans.

Now back to the OP, I have the great good fortune to be able to drive the Fit whenever I please. The only thing stopping me at times is my wife, who also loves to drive it.

Stay safe and come back soon. Based on your post, I'd say you're in line for some Fit withdrawal combat pay.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Congratulations! Based on this and some of your other posts, you have earned the special honor of being the first fitfreak member to make my ignore list. Keep up the good work and one day, all your "enemies" (real and imagined) will disappear from your life and you will be left only with people that agree with you 100%--you know, the "real" Americans.

Now back to the OP, I have the great good fortune to be able to drive the Fit whenever I please. The only thing stopping me at times is my wife, who also loves to drive it.

Stay safe and come back soon. Based on your post, I'd say you're in line for some Fit withdrawal combat pay.
lol at your first paragraph...

As far as the withdrawal pay, oh yea I'm getting it. I probably wont do much to my Fit when I get back. Although, I've decided a shiny pair of JDM emblems will be waiting for me when I get back. But then I'd be paranoid of people ripping them off my car. lol.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by calrose rice
I probably wont do much to my Fit when I get back. Although, I've decided a shiny pair of JDM emblems will be waiting for me when I get back. But then I'd be paranoid of people ripping them off my car. lol.
Yeah, it's always a balance between getting your car the way you like it and attracting too much attention to it. Been there, done that. I am an older guy so I don't put a lot of extra money into my car now due to other obligations. Plus, it seems like a rolling target for crazy drivers or people who are looking to rip you off. So I just try to be happy with the stock configuration…which is not too shabby. I do really enjoy seeing pics of the mods people are doing their cars though. Vicarious thrilz!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
yeah nice, how far is that drive to austin?

I get audio books to listen to with whoever is going to me when i do a long trip, its so relaxing having a long cruise with the fit, I just got back from the beach yesterday iam freaken burnt!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Only about a week, but it was pretty awful.

My wife (married 5.5 years, together 7) said she has never seen me actually be "sad" about anything until that week...I was actually really down for that entire time period! I think it hindered my sense of freedom...I feel like I can take the Fit anywhere without worrying whether I'll be able to find a parking space or cram whatever cargo in. I don't think twice about going to the hardware store, Ikea or the grocery store (or all three in one trip). I couldn't that with Civic coupe or the rental Cobalt sedan I got. It was surprisingly frustrating.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
yeah nice, how far is that drive to austin?

I get audio books to listen to with whoever is going to me when i do a long trip, its so relaxing having a long cruise with the fit, I just got back from the beach yesterday iam freaken burnt!
The drive to Austin from where I'm at in California is about 22 hours. It's cool though cause we alternate every couple of hours so we end up getting a ton of miles out of the way. It's awesome, I can't wait to get on the road again!

Old 04-09-2010, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
Only about a week, but it was pretty awful.

My wife (married 5.5 years, together 7) said she has never seen me actually be "sad" about anything until that week...I was actually really down for that entire time period! I think it hindered my sense of freedom...I feel like I can take the Fit anywhere without worrying whether I'll be able to find a parking space or cram whatever cargo in. I don't think twice about going to the hardware store, Ikea or the grocery store (or all three in one trip). I couldn't that with Civic coupe or the rental Cobalt sedan I got. It was surprisingly frustrating.
I know how you feel. My first car, 91 Civic, was rear ended by some fool who wasn't paying attention and I didn't have it for a week. My insurance company told me the damage wouldn't be fixed because it outweighed the cost of the car. I ended up taking the car back and driving it anyway. Car worked perfectley fine. I just felt sad as it was my first car and it's taken a beating from horrible drivers.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
I road trip to Austin daily... In a fit too. Its such a long 10 mile drive.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Congratulations! Based on this and some of your other posts, you have earned the special honor of being the first fitfreak member to make my ignore list.
Well, before you put me on your ignore list, read the last sentence of my post again. Your inability to post without letting it personally affect you, or comment inadvertently, shows you to be the perfect candidate for those last few words.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Yet, if others on this site can't take it, you/they shouldn't shove controversial opinion and/or political innuendo at forum visitors either. Pot-kettle-black?

So typical... you're allowed your opinion, or allow those with whom you agree their opinion on any topic, or whatever propganada you may allow or they may shove in people's faces. Yet you deny those who may have opposing opinions their view.

You can thank yourself for turning a post meant to sincerely congratulate someone for their selflessness into the political rant you supposedly detest so much. You apparently detest it only if it isn't what you want to hear or "feel"! Hypocrisy? Maybe? I mean, I don't recall you commenting negatively on other forum members' political viewpoint and political "suggestion", whether blatant or merely suggestive.

Ah well, thanks for the "ignore list"... it's an honor! Am I supposed to be devastated?

Have a nice day!

* My apologies to other thread viewers, regardless of your personal views.*

Last edited by annunC8; 04-09-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
to the op: best wishes for staying safe, a speedy return, and years of enjoyment in your fit.

now...

Your inability to post without letting it personally affect you, or comment inadvertently, shows you to be the perfect candidate for those last few words.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Yet, if others on this site can't take it, you/they shouldn't shove controversial opinion and/or political innuendo at forum visitors either. Pot-kettle-black?

So typical... you're allowed your opinion, or allow those with whom you agree their opinion on any topic, or whatever propganada you may allow or they may shove in people's faces. Yet you deny those who may have opposing opinions their view.

You can thank yourself for turning a post meant to sincerely congratulate someone for their selflessness into the political rant you supposedly detest so much. You apparently detest it only if it isn't what you want to hear or "feel"! Hypocrisy? Maybe?
i realise it's very likely i'm responding to someone who owns a large cache of automatic weapons but, nonetheless...
Schizophrenia
Definition

By Mayo Clinic staff

Schizophrenia is a group of severe brain disorders in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions and disordered thinking and behavior. The ability of people with schizophrenia to function normally and to care for themselves tends to deteriorate over time.

Contrary to some popular belief, schizophrenia isn't split personality or multiple personality. The word "schizophrenia" does mean "split mind," but it refers to a disruption of the usual balance of emotions and thinking.

Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of schizophrenia generally are divided into three categories — positive, negative and cognitive.

Positive symptoms

In schizophrenia, positive symptoms reflect an excess or distortion of normal functions. These active, abnormal symptoms may include:
  • Delusions. These beliefs are not based in reality and usually involve misinterpretation of perception or experience. They are the most common of schizophrenic symptoms.
  • Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist, although hallucinations can be in any of the senses. Hearing voices is the most common hallucination among people with schizophrenia.
  • Thought disorder. Difficulty speaking and organizing thoughts may result in stopping speech midsentence or putting together meaningless words, sometimes known as "word salad."
  • Disorganized behavior. This may show in a number of ways, ranging from childlike silliness to unpredictable agitation.
it's a serious disorder -- best to have a formal evaluation completed by a health care professional.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Only got my Fit about three weeks ago but already had to part ways for five days for a business trip. Several times I thought of my Fit sitting nice and cool in the airport garage while I drove a '10 Versa around in blazing hot NJ. I felt like honking in solidarity every time I saw another FIT.

Quick Reply: Fit withdrawals?