2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit withdrawals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Longest we've gone away from the Fit was a week. But we had the Ridgeline

OP, what you need is one of the JDM Fits that is AWD and then add Mattracks or the army should use these instead of the Hummers

~SB

Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I drive my fit monday through friday and then it sits friday night through monday morning. So I guess 2.5 days is the longest. I don't get withdraw. My M Coupe on the other hand had sat for 5 months this winter. I finally took her out last weekend. That, sir, is deserving of withdraw. God I missed her. The fit is fun to drive and all, but 315hp/276tq and 8100rpm redline is something to long for in a 3000lb car. Can't wait to hit the autocross/track event scene this summer.

Thank you sir and come home safe.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 PM
its been about 3 1/2 months ive been in boot camp and tech school ugh i miss it so much lol

Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GlennQuagmire
to the op: best wishes for staying safe, a speedy return, and years of enjoyment in your fit.

now...

i realise it's very likely i'm responding to someone who owns a large cache of automatic weapons but,

[/INDENT]it's a serious disorder -- best to have a formal evaluation completed by a health care professional.
You prove my point for me... you're making this all too easy!

When you have no reasonable, let alone legitimate or substantive response directly relating to matters at hand, you always, without fail, resort to personal attack, and childish, calculated attempts at placing those with whom you disagree into some extremist category of your own paranoid making.

Psychosis? In some instances, sure. Neurosis? In some instances, sure. Childish in the very least, definitely.

As further example, I could do the same...

You obviously hold a political view which embraces policies that have consistently failed, worldwide, since the beginning of recorded societal history. Not to mention an ideological/political view that has caused more misery worldwide than any other "ism" in recorded history. Considering this, one could make the argument of possible insanity.

Initiating the same failed policies and making the same societal mistakes over and over again, while achieving the same failed, miserable results could, in psychiatric circles, well be described as insane. Not to mention that "militia gunmen hiding in every bush, waiting to get you" paranoia some seem to suffer from.

A very serious disorder... best evaluated by a psychiatric care professional.

See how childish and misleading the above sounds? Then again, that's just what children do when they have no recourse... they throw insults, they try and make their "perceived" enemies look like the "bad guy" to others, and they throw temper tantrums when things don't go their way or when they hear something that makes them "feel" uncomfortable.

Want to debate this further? I'll be happy to, privately, via PM or personal mail. I'm sure others are more than tired of this debate.

By the way -- as if I need to dignify your statement with a comment -- I own no guns at all. Sorry to disappoint!

To others in the thread/forum:

I will apologize to anyone who was offended for my slightly overboard commentary in my original response to the OP.

I see other types of responses and hints of "political persuasion" in forum threads from time to time (from avatars to actual commentary)... I figured it was alright to do the same. Difference is I don't personally attack anyone for their opinion, I only post counterpoint, if that.

Apparently in some people's minds however, jack-booted lock-step is the only form of participation allowed. Sieg Heil?

Last edited by annunC8; 04-09-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FLFIT239
its been about 3 1/2 months ive been in boot camp and tech school ugh i miss it so much lol
Thank you for your service too. Regardless of political idealogy, I appreciate your personal sacrifice.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 PM
no problem i got chu

Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by phwaap!
Only got my Fit about three weeks ago but already had to part ways for five days for a business trip. Several times I thought of my Fit sitting nice and cool in the airport garage while I drove a '10 Versa around in blazing hot NJ. I felt like honking in solidarity every time I saw another FIT.
I hear ya, Ive only had mine for a few days and any time i'm riding in a buddies car, or a business trip instead my fit, I think of the wasted I could have been driving my fit!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
You prove my point for me... you're making this blah blah blah...
the only debate appears to be in your delusional mind...

considering you're nearly fighting two enemies- those both foreign and domestic. Those abroad, and the enemies within our own borders who wish to diminish, or rather destroy the very liberties and freedoms you're ironically fighting for! But take heart... REAL CHANGE is coming.

My wife and I thank you! If you need anything when you return, PM me on this forum and I will do my best to help... I, WE ALL, owe you!

Don't worry about the candy-@$$3s who hate the soul of this nation, and those who aren't appreciative of what you do for them. They don't matter... they're far too wrapped up in themselves for anyone else to be concerned about them!
political innuendo? present and accounted for.

propaganda? it'd make the chinese politburo proud.

political rant? sharpton-esque, i'd say.

hypocrisy? like a peter north facial, it's all over you.

paranoia? is ann coulter a dimwitted b!tch?

not that i feel compelled to defend know-nothin, but:

If you don't like it, don't read it. Yet, if others on this site can't take it, you/they shouldn't shove controversial opinion and/or political innuendo at forum visitors either.
yes sir, you hold the monopoly on political innuendos -- that right belongs to you and you alone.

So typical... you're allowed your opinion, or allow those with whom you agree their opinion on any topic, or whatever propganada you may allow or they may shove in people's faces. Yet you deny those who may have opposing opinions their view.
had to go back through the thread just to make sure i wasn't imagining this but, weren't you first to post your *cough* innuendo and *cough* propaganda-filled reply?

You can thank yourself for turning a post meant to sincerely congratulate someone for their selflessness into the political rant you supposedly detest so much.
seriously mate, reading your responses is like stepping into a bizzaro world...you eagerly present yourself as some great defender and torch-bearer of civil liberties and wrap yourself around the cape of some conquering hero on a crusade against a mythical oppressive regime. you label others offenders but can't imagine for a second others find your act and the turd you spew offensive (although personally i don't find it offensive in the least bit...i do, however, think it's turd.)

debate you on pm or email? you're kidding, right? can't we at least agree enough time has been wasted already?

still, last word to you, sir, if you so choose...

Old 04-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Longest time was four days while I was out of town with my mom. I did not enjoy having to haul mom's beast '02 Odyssey around town during that trip.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
The point is, wherever and whatever you do in life, there will be times where you have to drive cars that aren't as awesome as the Fit. Even times when you won't be able to drive, period. Your experiences and whatever situations you find yourself in will make you appreciate how awesome the car really is...

Cheers!