2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

did i pay too much for my fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 03:21 AM
did i pay too much for my fit?

wsup everyone I recently picekd up a 2010 honda fit sport 5 speed today it was 18,800 OTD with taxes and fees, the price i got it for was invoice + 300 + destination and taxes and fees

i am in the bay area, ca

i have no idea if i got raped on the price or if i even got a deal on it please let me know your input guys it would help me sleep easier at night haha

Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
edmunds lists a $500 dealer incentive so, unless they're flying off the lots in your region, i'm sure you could have gotten it for $100-$200 below invoice. that said, you can take solace in the fact many of us paid msrp.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
We paid just over invoice for ours as well. In general, if you are happy with the car and are comfortable with the amount you paid (not comparing to to what others paid), there's no need to figure if you paid too much. In the case of the FIT, there's not a ton of wiggle room so differences will be a few hundred here or a few hundred there. Plus, unless you could get some money back from the dealer, there's nothing you could do now... it's not like evilmart where you can take anything back after the fact. Plus, if others paid less, it'll only make you annoyed at yourself - not worth it. You've got a great car so enjoy it.

~SB

Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
i agree, i bought a used 2007 back in 08 and i thought with the apr...i was screwed! but the car has paid its way tons over. that said, i just converted my wife to honda and guess what she wants....mugen fit! 25,000 in da hole for that big boy. but it beats my wife POS jeep cherokee that she paid close to 40! and the car is way better gas milage and all.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yurpleFITTED
wsup everyone I recently picekd up a 2010 honda fit sport 5 speed today it was 18,800 OTD with taxes and fees, the price i got it for was invoice + 300 + destination and taxes and fees

i am in the bay area, ca

i have no idea if i got raped on the price or if i even got a deal on it please let me know your input guys it would help me sleep easier at night haha
I paid $19,200 all in 1 year ago for a Fit Sport A/T in PA (7% tax). The dealer paid the registration and inspection fees. This included a trunk mat, window etching, & wheel locks.

Given that a Sport M/T is apparently hard to find, I think you got a decent deal. Rest assured!

Last edited by blazej; 04-08-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my 10 white Fit sports about 2 months ago and paid $22000 out the door including tax and everything. but then I bought a gap insurance ($500), Lojack ($600), floor mat ($200), theft insurance ($250), and visors ($120). So I'm guessing $18800 alone for the Fit sports is not bad in my opinion.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, we paid about 18980 out the door for a Sport Manual, so a little higher. We waited a while until we could locate a Manual, they are super hard to find in Orlando. Once we found one, we jumped all over it. I ended up driving to Lakeland, about an hour from where we live. The deal ended up being a little less than invoice, plus we had a trade in (Cr-V) that we were slightly upside down on. Not a bad deal.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Limontes: I bought mine from Courtesy Honda in Sanford, but they had to get mine from Lakeland dealer because they were the only one who had a white one... I guess people in Lakeland doesn't like Fits lol

Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ideally, you should know more than anyone how you did for your area at this time. When you spend this kind of money, you should be an informed and knowledgable consumer. I think you're very lucky to have paid a fair and reasonable price. If you tell me it's got navi too, you did remarkably well. I don't figure you got navi though. So you can sleep well- you did good. But that should have been a given if you did your homework.

Enjoy!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 PM
jks...I went to Courtesy and I bought our last two Hondas from there, but they had no Manual's. Brian O'conner was our salesmen the last two times and he was great, but he moved onto Tampa which in a way influenced our decision. They only had automatics, Classic had one but it Sold quickly. We decided to drive the hour and just get it at Regal Honda, which was worth it. We've had it for a week and love it. White was my top choice, but I was lucky enough to get my second choice the Orange Revolution Metalic.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I bought my Fit when it was hot and just before the economic collapse (I know very bad timing). Ended up paying MSRP which was $19,300 plus taxes.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yurpleFITTED
i am in the bay area, ca
Oakland has the hightest sales tax in the country I think (9.75%), so that is a huge unavoidable component of your OTD price. CA also has some fees that also needs to be factored in. You definitely did better than some and probably better than most.

I also live in the same county (in Fremont) so also got reamed on tax and CA fees. I got one of the "one at this price" deals accross the bay but only had one unit to choose (silver sport auto), so I jumped on it. If you got the color you and transmission you wanted you should be happy... now get out and enjoy the car!!! CONGRATS!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
Oakland has the hightest sales tax in the country I think (9.75%)
Oh, no.... not even close buddy.

10.25% in Chicago.

But, it will be dropped to 9.75% in July (got voted to come down).

according to us-sales-tax-rates-hit-record-high: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Chicago has the highest sales tax for "big city."

Arab, Alabama (a "small" town) has it beat... 12%.

in case anyone missed it...

12%

Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
We paid just over invoice for ours as well. In general, if you are happy with the car and are comfortable with the amount you paid (not comparing to to what others paid), there's no need to figure if you paid too much. In the case of the FIT, there's not a ton of wiggle room so differences will be a few hundred here or a few hundred there. Plus, unless you could get some money back from the dealer, there's nothing you could do now... it's not like evilmart where you can take anything back after the fact. Plus, if others paid less, it'll only make you annoyed at yourself - not worth it. You've got a great car so enjoy it.

~SB
words of wisdom!

Last edited by bmxman; 04-10-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
i paid 20k for auto sport navi that's tax title and license

Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'm also in the San Francisco Bay Area. I found a left over 09 Fit Sport w/ 5 Speed Manual in Redwood City. Took me a lot of searching to find a manual sport model!

I ended up paying approx $18.1K out the door. I was able to get the $500 incentive and also the 09 model had a little lower Destination charge compared to the 10 model.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ShotgunSi
I'm also in the San Francisco Bay Area. I found a left over 09 Fit Sport w/ 5 Speed Manual in Redwood City. Took me a lot of searching to find a manual sport model!

I ended up paying approx $18.1K out the door. I was able to get the $500 incentive and also the 09 model had a little lower Destination charge compared to the 10 model.
what color?

Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
I paid $18200 OTD for my AT back in 09 with floor mats included.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
The Orange color

Originally Posted by Fitcious
what color?

Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
ehhh i just figure its cali and everythign is more expensive there.

the more popularize the internet gets the harder it is to know the invoice, because dealers are aware of it and use the internet excuse as a defense to keeping the price firm.

a good way to bypass this is not be in hurry to buying a car, and waiting for their "phone call" back, you usually get the invoice price that way.

Quick Reply: did i pay too much for my fit?