2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Traffic Fines in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Republicrat or Democan they have the same goal..... Corporate Fascism, a much larger threat to mankind than communism.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Exorbitant fines and over enthusiastic cops can suck. But here's a novel idea . . . follow the traffic laws, and they leave you alone.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Daemione
Exorbitant fines and over enthusiastic cops can suck. But here's a novel idea . . . follow the traffic laws, and they leave you alone.
+1 this guy right here has the right idea =P

Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
I'm glad I'm leaving this state in a few days.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Mike2100..A lot of people have left and are leaving CA. Truly the land of nuts and fruitcakes.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Daimione..You are right, but when the traffic laws become a "gotcha" to fill the state's bank account, that's wrong. In one state, AZ, the company that runs photo radar has in it's manual that no cop, judge or city official is to be sent a ticket if THEY break the law.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Failure to stop at a stop sign. VC 22454(A) $616
Some pig got me for rolling stop a few weeks ago. I can't believe I'll be paying this much! Wish me luck in court everybody!

Any tips????

Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OEMfit
Some pig got me for rolling stop a few weeks ago. I can't believe I'll be paying this much! Wish me luck in court everybody!

Any tips????
yeah, try to refrain from using that term in their presence. shame on them for catching you roll through a stop sign!

Old 03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OEMfit

Any tips????
why so angry at the policeman?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by citabria7
Mike2100..A lot of people have left and are leaving CA. Truly the land of nuts and fruitcakes.
From citabria7's profile page:
citabria7 has not made any friends yet

Old 03-29-2010, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
There is quite a few Californians that have moved into the area I live in and I think it is a good thing..... I wish that they would stop at stop signs and not drive with at night with their brights on though..... A lot of people around here did that already so I guess they think it's the thing to do.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
dannydonqui...I left CA, so I can say it. The truth hurts, I guess.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
In that same concept, he can defend the state all he wants. Arguably you choose a worse state to move to IMO, but it's all in your own opinions isn't it?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
The texting and passing a stopped school bus fines strike as too light.

If you're thinking of leaving CA, don't head for Ludowici, GA. This news story, even though it dates from 1970, is still relevant in the 21st century. The tagline at the end of the story is, unfortunately, wrong, and Ludowici is still a thriving speed trap, despite I-95.

In the spring of 2004, after passing through downtown Ludowici, I made a legal pass around a box truck, and was cited for 55 in a 45 zone. $600 fine, which I bargained down to $400 -- cash only, unless you want guest treatment in the local jail, and I had the cheapest fine of the night.

"Traffic Court" was a couple of folding tables in the rec room of the fire station, with a line of 100 or so people stretching back from the front door. The arresting officer and the clerk shared the same last name. My favorite case of the night involved someone arrested driving without a license with a loaded AK47 in the back seat. $1050.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Antpwny..Absolutely..to each his own. Many don't like AZ either. I do visit Ca, but on my last trip to Frisco, I got the bill for my dinner, and there was about 4.9% added to the already high tax bill. I asked, and was told it is the new tax to provide health insurance to the homeless. (This was before Obamacare passed) CA will gouge any way they can. But many states are doing that now. A few weeks ago, I was at Starbucks watching the traffic, and 3 cars got hit with the photo radar for running a red light. Problem was, the light was green for all of them. Long time green before and after they left the intersection. Poor guys don't have a chance of fighting it.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
yeah i dont know about the rates and regulations, but the chp and parking enforcement are definitely cracking down hard. I was leaving the honda dealership around my area and saw 6 charger cops pulling multiple cars over on the same block. I got a parking ticket recently for parking pass the 1 hour limit by 1 min and no joke seriously 1 min. I came out of the gym with a ticket on my front windshield. Ticket wasnt much but retarded.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
It makes me wonder why they got rid of Gray Davis..... He wasn't responsible for the screwing homeowners were getting by Enron supplied energy but California has Arnold and medicinal marijuana so at least some of the population is grinning.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah, with enough pot, even the BIG ONE won't bother them.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Pot smokers are very safe and careful drivers..... They have probably had to increase fines due to a drop in traffic offences by people acquiring medical marijuana legally..... I understand there is a lot of them.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by citabria7
Antpwny..Absolutely..to each his own. Many don't like AZ either. I do visit Ca, but on my last trip to Frisco, I got the bill for my dinner, and there was about 4.9% added to the already high tax bill. I asked, and was told it is the new tax to provide health insurance to the homeless. (This was before Obamacare passed) CA will gouge any way they can. But many states are doing that now. A few weeks ago, I was at Starbucks watching the traffic, and 3 cars got hit with the photo radar for running a red light. Problem was, the light was green for all of them. Long time green before and after they left the intersection. Poor guys don't have a chance of fighting it.
I haven't heard anything about a 4.9% tax to provide for the homeless, that one is new to me. Sorry to hear about your experience, but I have had no such experience thus far. I'm fine with the increase in the state tax 1% but seeing as the state is broke as hell it's not too big of a deal all my purchases are tax free from amazon . Anyways about the red light camera's, just cause they go off doesn't mean people will get the ticket. Most of those tickets have a camera watching them, so if you are sent a ticket, they list a URL where you can see your infraction (video of the infraction) my friend got one for not yielding for making a right at a red light (rolling the light). A lot of locations in SoCal are removing them as well, since they are, for the most part constitutionally illegal. It's a cost benefit analysis, I can't see myself living anywhere else, I just like the environment, but I can see how people may not view it the same way.

Quick Reply: New Traffic Fines in Cali