2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Don't You Hate...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Ummmm, not sure if you know I was in agreement with you or not. hahaha I can dress up in a cat woman outfit and put on a wig if you want, but I won't shave my legs or chest.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
I am sorry but what you said was so typical of what I have had thrown in my direction every time I have mentioned using anything other than 87 octane..... I must admit that you were one person that I didn't expect that from and I guess I have been brain washed into going into hypervigilant mode when I am tired.... Too much time spent in the jungles of Southeast Asia will do that to an impressionable 18 year old..... I recently bought an used exhaust header that must have been on a car that was using low octane fuel judging by the amount of carbon build up in the tubes.... I am wondering how the stock one on my car is going to look when I trade them out.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
I've only got one wave from another Fit and that was a guy driving a SSM Fit w/ 30 day tags. I honestly was kinda mad I saw another SSM GE Fit but I did wave back. This was over a year ago though. Most Fit drivers I see are older couples (40-60 yr olds)
I get waves from other modified cars more than Fits. A lot of Evo's and Subies are always looking or waving my way. I do get a lot of stares though from everyone on the road. Mostly because I don't drive slow and actually drive the speed limit or over. I think most of the stares are because this little 1.5L car is zipping past them.

As for the premium gas discussion I usually run 89 octane and notice a little difference. Smoother ride and rev usually.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
I think being 60 and having blond hair that hangs to my middle of my back weirds out every body I have waved to in Fits..... My car is looking and sounding less stock as it is evolving and that might also contribute to some of the stares and confusion. Most of my driving is on desolate back roads and I am usually moving pretty fast and only see expressions of shock and maybe a little terror on the faces of drivers headed in the opposite direction on curves.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
I have yet to receive a negative response from a fellow Fit driver. I usually get a deuce, nod, or thumbs up.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I think being 60 and having blond hair that hangs to my middle of my back weirds out every body I have waved to in Fits..... My car is looking and sounding less stock as it is evolving and that might also contribute to some of the stares and confusion. Most of my driving is on desolate back roads and I am usually moving pretty fast and only see expressions of shock and maybe a little terror on the faces of drivers headed in the opposite direction on curves.
My mental picture of this...about made me fall out of my chair laughing.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I see a few Fits around town and they always wave back at me. One guy has a GD3 VBP and he always honks and waves at me. Now older people who drive Fits just look like what the heck when they see my Fit because I am sure they are thinking what is she doing with that car.

Cat :x

Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Committobefit08
My mental picture of this...about made me fall out of my chair laughing.

I had Willie Nelson open a door for me when I was leaving a convenience store outside of his home town of Abbott and he called me sir..... that was 27 years ago and I had more hair than he did even then....I save a lot of money on haircuts and razor blades that gets spent on things I enjoy, like my stock portfolio..... A person has to have priorities that are practical instead of fashionable.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
This is another reason I like living in Japan. These childish antics don't exist, not entirely true, because there are asshat Americans in the military here that pull this shit. I remember moving to Guam and purchasing the S2000, as soon as I got it on the roadway, I had people revving at me and wanting to race. Asking me how fast it was and my reply would be, "it's not, but come out to auto-x and you can see me play with it".

Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
TC if ever I make my way over to Anderson County, Texas, I'm going to have to look you up. You seem like you would be a fun person to hang out with. At least I know we both enjoy driving the piss out of our cars.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:37 AM
There's nothing better than a "fit wave" back.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Irish4199
There's nothing better than a "fit wave" back.
Has anyone ever told you about how babies are made or in any way explained SEX to you..... It's odd that I don't seem to ever remember meeting a sexually frustrated Irishman or one that disliked whiskey but you sound like you might think that there is something better than a "fit wave" if you were to concentrate less time imbibing in the spirits and on occasion maybe get laid....There is something better than a "fit wave" back . Even I am not so old that I have forgotten. God Bless Ya.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Has anyone ever told you about how babies are made or in any way explained SEX to you..... It's odd that I don't seem to ever remember meeting a sexually frustrated Irishman or one that disliked whiskey but you sound like you might think that there is something better than a "fit wave" if you were to concentrate less time imbibing in the spirits and on occasion maybe get laid....There is something better than a "fit wave" back . Even I am not so old that I have forgotten. God Bless Ya.

Wow harsh. WTF?

Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by VaMPKiSS1
Wow harsh. WTF?
I am sorry if I sounded harsh, I really didn't mean to sound that way..... I guess I should imagine what the world would be like if everyone felt that "there is nothing better than a "fit wave" back"..... I suppose it could be a very good thing for the environment by lowering population growth, and the rate of contraction of S.T.D.s would drop significantly, That is a good thing..... And all of those things that feel good that cause us harm could be replaced by the "fit wave".... This could change the world, people waving instead of lighting up their choice of smoking substance.... Never having to worry if the person you just shook hands with had just masturbated accounting for their sticky fingers and palms.....I wonder if the ad boys on Madison avenue could promote a campaign of such importance, it could change the world
for the better..... I really like where this could go and how it could promote world harmony because people would just feel so good..... Maybe I shouldn't post after my pain medication is starting to work, but something that feels as good as a fit wave could be my new pain relief medication, but then it would become a controlled substance and create fit wave abuse and illegal smuggling and gang warfare This is what happens to things that feel good.... It ends up being destructive to society..... I really think getting laid feels better and it has become socially acceptable since the 1960s and the free love movement. QUESARA.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
Could you mail me some of that? Seems like good stuff.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by FITProject
Wanted to wave at a few GE's,but I get more looks from drivers of GD's than anything. Though I had some kid in a lowered MKV GTI give me a thumbs up on the highway. Funny.
Thats ironic for me because I got rid of my lower MK5 GTI to buy my 09 Fit hence dub2fit

Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dub2fit
Thats ironic for me because I got rid of my lower MK5 GTI to buy my 09 Fit hence dub2fit
I'll be getting rid of my MKV GTI next year when the lease is up for a Fit too. Actually a minivan will replace the GTI, while I inheiret the wife's car(canadian model only Acura EL) to save a little money then replace that with Fit. Trying to keep just one car payment at a time.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Well, this thread got awkward fast.

Fit Wave™ will fix it.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct

Fit Wave™ will fix it.
Hate is a destructive emotion and a difficult topic to use for anything positive and lasting that will grow.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct

Fit Wave™ will fix it.
LOL! Well said!

on topic-
It never occured to me that there would be "Fit wave". I've done the motorcycle wave, Jeep, Corvette, Miata...
But even owners of those cars that are more enthusiast-oriented-those folks are having the exact same discussion. Well maybe not EXACTLY the same as this one--but they constantly lament over the loss or absence of their community's "wave".

Corvette folks seem to be the most rabid wavers among 4-wheeled vehicles. Even those folks have been crying out "SAVE THE WAVE" since the 1980's.

I don't think the Fit is rare enough or different enough to generate a self-selecting base of buyers who wave. I think it's a unique car, but Joe Schmoe can't tell the difference between a Scion and a Yaris.

That said, I always notice other cars. In fact, today was the first time I saw another Fit driver noticing my car!

Quick Reply: Don't You Hate...?