2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So where is Honda's "sporty"car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
There is a big difference between a sports car and straight line speed.
I personally don't consider the accord a sports car. I had a Acura CL-S and yes that thing was fast..but by no means a sports car. It was a big boat with subpar brakes. Yes it could keep up with S2k's on the freeway but on the track it handled like crap. Not to mention fwd and tq does not mix (tq steer out the ars). When it comes to handling my Fit is more of a sports car if you consider a sports car to have good handling

That's just my opinion though.
I understand your post, but the title states "sporty". I too, wouldn't consider the accord a sports car, or my Turbo civic for that matter.

That being said, I'd say the accord is much sportier than the fit.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I agree.
Accord V6 is definitely "sporty" stock
Fit can be sporty with some tweaks.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, the 2 wheelers are great, but sorta tough when taking the kids out, especially here in AZ when it gets over 115 degrees. IMO, sporty means mostly fun to drive, not necessarily "sports car" like a S2K. My Mustangs were certainly fun, but not real corner carvers, although it could get real excitin' when you turned off the traction control and hit the gas in a corner! Things got sporting real fast! I bemoan the fact that the Preludes, Celicas, MR2s, S2Ks and the like are gone. Replaced with not much interesting. Boring, actually. If the Accord Coupe can do a sub 14 second quarter, that's good for a 6 banger. But, since Honda has gone to generally dull people barges limits their future with me. Look at the Element, they didn't even paint the whole thing when it first came out! The Accord is today's equivalent to the Chevy Biscayne. The Civic is OK, but nowhere near as fun as my 95 Civic was, or my 89 Civic Hatchback. The Fit is a great car, but not what I would call sporty. They are going the way of Toyota. Ever driven a Camry lately? As boring as they get. Lets just hope Honda's quality doesn't go the way of Toyota, also. (Honda built its reputation on quality and fun to drive stuff)

Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the 2 wheelers are great, but sorta tough when taking the kids out, especially here in AZ when it gets over 115 degrees.
Haha, I grew up in Chandler, went to ASU. Rode my CBR/RC51/R1/XR650R whatever every day pretty much, they were my only transportation to ASU. Put 40,000mi on my R1 in 2 years. It can be done, but you definitely smell a little funky after the commute home.

I'm with you on the "just because it's quick, doesn't mean it's sporty." The S2ks were fun little cars, sad to see them go. The Fit could be a fun little car with around 250hp, but it's definitely not a sport/sports/sporty/heck even average accelerating car from the factory.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah, my Ninja was a blast but couldn't take the kids out. (Well I could, but I want them to live. Nut cases kept trying to kill me when I rode it) The CR-Z could be a good one if they put a decent engine in it. More power and a better suspension in the Fit could be interesting too. I know anything can be done aftermarket, but the factory could do it better, IMO.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 AM
xm8
S2K was not making enough money for Honda so they killed it. I don't think there will be a car like the S2K for a while. The U.S. and Japanese economy are still in bad shape.