2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Wheel locks installed...video

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Wheel locks installed...video

Purchased a set of Gorilla wheel locks for our Honda Fit Sport, so I made a short video. These particular locks looks very simular to the Honda OEM lug nuts. I'm pleased with the quality.

YouTube - Wheel locks_0001.wmv

Old 02-20-2010, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
cool, nice video. I just got the regular OEM locks from Honda. Might invest in some different ones later on down the road.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
I recommend the Gorilla Guard Locks. It has a free spinning sleeve on the outside that prevents thieves from just grabbing onto it and twisting it off. I use to have the OEM locks on my Infiniti G35 and took the car in to have my tires replaced. I forgot to bring the key but the tech guy told me he could take it off without the key. He attached a universal grip to his air gun and was able to remove the locks in 5 seconds. He told me he could do the same with pretty much any other locks, all you need is a good grip on the locks. The only lock he said he couldn't take off are the Gorilla Guards. The outside just spins if you try to latch on to it.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sooner97
I recommend the Gorilla Guard Locks. It has a free spinning sleeve on the outside that prevents thieves from just grabbing onto it and twisting it off. I use to have the OEM locks on my Infiniti G35 and took the car in to have my tires replaced. I forgot to bring the key but the tech guy told me he could take it off without the key. He attached a universal grip to his air gun and was able to remove the locks in 5 seconds. He told me he could do the same with pretty much any other locks, all you need is a good grip on the locks. The only lock he said he couldn't take off are the Gorilla Guards. The outside just spins if you try to latch on to it.
I can vouch for that.

About 11 years ago, I was driving a Honda Accord in San Diego. It took a while for my dumbass to realize I had a flat... but when I finally pulled over to change the tire, guess what? Lock nut. I'm like, where the f' is the "key"? Searched the car from top to bottom, couldn't find it. As I was waiting from someone from home to bring it to me (since I found out it was at HOME!!!), a CalTran pulled up (they with San Diego's version patrol the highways for stranded folks), asked if I needed help. I told him I felt like an idiot for not being able to change the tires, even though I knew how.

He grabbed the crossbar from my trunk, used the socket that was just big enough for the lock nut to squeeze in halfway, smacked it once and turned. Off came the nut. I'm like... damn, now I feel WORSE!!!

He used the tools I HAD on me!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well, it all depends on your individual needs. If I lived in a high crime area, then I would go for the guard locks, or not have the rims at all. For my situation, I think I would rather have the option of being able to remove the lock with additional effort, than not being able to remove the wheel at all if I was to lose the key. Also, I assume a thief would probably not come equipped with a huge supply of sockets, since driving one on to the wheel lock is not readily removable and thus you need another socket for each lock. Somewhere there is a line between practicality and security. Most of the time this just keeps the honest people honest.