2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I got my Fit today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Talking I got my Fit today!!!

Hi Everybody!

Ok, so i just got home from the dealership and eating out, my parents surprised me and special ordered a 2010 Orange Revolution Metallic Sport MT and it arrived today and they tricked me into going and dad produces a key to unlock a locked fit in the showroom.

That is pretty much the gist of it, but i unfortunately can't drive it yet as i stall the engine on starting from a stop. I will be going out to finish my learning tomorrow and Sunday. Will post up pics as soon as i can, but i have a very busy weekend ahead of me.

First mod i will do is upgrade the horn, then put on mesh to protect the AC, from there it is all dependent on money. some other planned mods include:

Headlight retrofitting
Exhaust (probably hi-power)
CAI
lowering eventually, maybe
independent fogs
ignition light ring
and JDM tails

any other suggestions? again, i will post pics ASAP...can't wait to, i'm super from the surprise!

Oh, and i have absolutely zero options on here except for some free locking bolts for the rims, i plan on putting in the armrest, Sports Grille, door sill trim, cargo tray, carpet floor mats, and MUGEN short shifter. but again, this all depends on money availability.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Congrats! i know the feeling well (i've had mine for 2 weeks now) Good luck on the mods and welcome to fitfreak.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats!
Sounds like you got great parents.

Mods.......
I personally like the JDP or even the mugen grill over the sports grill.
The Skunk II short shift kit is 1/3rd the price of the mugen and I think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference once the console was back on.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
I loooove my mugen grill, and i just got my mugen short shifter in. It feels much better now, but if you can get something cheaper then do it. I got mine because the cost just factored into my payments, which aren't too much anyway

Old 02-20-2010, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
is that AC mesh kit really that critical? 0r30kid...did you do yours?

Old 02-20-2010, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SleepyJonDu
Hi Everybody!

Ok, so i just got home from the dealership and eating out, my parents surprised me and special ordered a 2010 Orange Revolution Metallic Sport MT and it arrived today...

... any other suggestions?
Congrats! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from Japan. I had to order mine because of what I wanted. So, it's waiting on a dock somewhere in Japan until, according to Honda, the "freighter is full enough" to financially justify shipping my car. I could settle on a non-navigation model or a different color. Then again, I guess not... it's already built, I have my VIN, and we're just waiting for shipment.

Had I known it was going to take this long I would have probably just settled for other choices. (Been waiting since before Christmas... was a Christmas present from the wife)

Another fairly cheap yet useful mod that comes to mind is:

Honda Door Visors Fit - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

or (same thing, different place):

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/sto...doorvisors.jpg

or maybe these:

Swift Springs USA

From what you're saying, I'm sure the rest of the ideas I would post you've already thought of... except for maybe this:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/sto...tdeflector.jpg

or this brand (cheaper):

Honda Fit Hood Deflector

and then there's:

09 + Honda Fit Storage Armrest

or the "real Honda" version (more expensive):

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/sto...09/armrest.jpg

Like I said, you've got the rest pretty much covered... that is unless you might like one of... j/k

Congrats again...Enjoy!

BTW... pics, pics, pics!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulations.

As a beginner driver, try to leave out mods that change the way the car functions. Stick with things that protect it like floor mats and AC grill.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
I personally haven't done the ac grill yet. I do plan to though. It is a cheap and effective way to protect investment, so why not do it. I'll probably be doing mine when my new springs get in so i can just knock it all out at once.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok, so i just got home from the dealership and eating out, my parents surprised me and special ordered a 2010 Orange Revolution Metallic Sport MT and it arrived today and they tricked me into going and dad produces a key to unlock a locked fit in the showroom
I hope you told your dad you loved him and gave him a big bear-hug, cause that is cool as s#$@!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 PM
cool dad man..
congrats!

Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Hey you new owners---where are the pictures? You're going to love the car.

Cheers.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:09 PM
wut about tint? its relatively cheap, functional, and adds horse power through increased stlyle.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
thanks for the warm welcome everybody, i had actually forgotten about tint, but i think im gonna add that to the list now.

Ya, my parents are pretty cool normally, i looked at my post earlier and thought that i should explain that they bought the car, but now i have to buy it off of them, so that is the explanation for the lack of money right now...

@ Virtual, i will not be altering the functions of the car (short shifter, etc.) anytime soon, it will take me awhile to get enough $$ to buy the mods, so, all is okay, i will learn the car before i mod it...

@ annunC8, thanks for all the links and suggestions, i will be getting the real Honda armrest eventually, but for now, the one on the seat works...also, i have been debating whether or not to do door visors, i like the function, but not necessarily the look...

when i go to look at short shifters, i will probably end up getting the tr1, as it is less expensive, but i will have to think on that for a bit...

i will go out and take pics tomorrow b4 work and upload them, check back around 9:30am EST, they should be up then...

as a side note, i drove it around the neighborhood today and found that the tranny is really easy to not stall in, i only stalled i think twice...

Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Here are the pics, i included the other cars that we have just for kicks, an '05 Accord EX V6, and '05 S2000, and an '09 Fit base AT, enjoy!

DSCN5749.jpg?t=1266763032

DSCN5750.jpg?t=1266763176

DSCN5751.jpg?t=1266763193

DSCN5752.jpg?t=1266763211

DSCN5754.jpg?t=1266763229

Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Please don't put a fart can on it, doesn't look or sound good at all.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Nice looking car(s). Congratulations. Almost looks like springtime where you are. Ours is covered with road salt and snow.

Cheers.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
when you do the A/C grill mod, you might find this helpful...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...nt-points.html

Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks Spacecoat, and, ya GA weather is really screwy, we had about 6 inches of snow last weekend, and it has gotten to about 70* this weekend...

anyways, i'm def. not gonna put any fart can on the car, only something a little louder than stock, but not by much...

edit: btw, 6" of snow is more than Evans/Augusta has had since the early '70s, i think about '72, but not sure...

Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Here are the pics, i included the other cars that we have just for kicks, an '05 Accord EX V6, and '05 S2000, and an '09 Fit base AT, enjoy!
Ooooohh The Honda LOVE!

Welcome to FF.

~SB

Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
does anybody know if the mpg meter on the car is accurate on the 2010s? i have yet to fill up and so i dont know...

Quick Reply: I got my Fit today!!!