2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

a-holes who anonymously damage our cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Cap
5 Year Member
a-holes who anonymously damage our cars

In 2000 i bought a new silverado. before i even had 5000k on it, some @*#$ hit and ran it in a mall parking lot.

now, my fit has less than 3000k and some *&$)# scraped the cr@p out of the trunk in a safeway parking lot.

thanks losers.

btw, does anyone else out there always try to park exactly in the middle of parking spots not because they want a nice park, but because it helps prevent &#&%s from opening their doors into the side of your car because they are not paying attention...?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
I park way in the back of the parking lot for exactly that reason. Every once in a while some jack off will park next to me anyway just to be a jerk. There's been a scion xd doing that to me at work for a while.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 AM
I find a curb in the lot to park half an inch away from..

Old 02-19-2010, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
Whenever possible, I park in spaces that preclude another car parking on one side, which cuts in half the chances of someone dooring the parked car. Walls, columns, shopping cart corrals, anything that gives a little extra edge. A month after I bought my previous car, after pulled into the middle of three empty spaces, a woman parked next to me, a gust of wind caught her door as she was opening it, and bang, I had a sizable door dent. Stuff happens; not everybody is out to get you, although it's not a bad idea to drive as if they are.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:09 AM
I wouldn't park near the cart corrals, because many times parents have their youngins get carts, or return them..
I've personally seen kids aim for the corral, push, let go, and bam. They miss.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 AM
You may want to see if the store has a security camera that covered the area where you parked. Perhaps it was an act of vandalism. This I believe would persuade the store to allow you to view, and or, get a copy of the act. Then you could get "The Law" involved. I feel ur pain...

Old 02-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I park way in the back of the parking lot for exactly that reason. Every once in a while some jack off will park next to me anyway just to be a jerk. There's been a scion xd doing that to me at work for a while.
Instead of thinking of him as a jack off think of him as someone who is as concerned about the safety of his car as you are. His knowing why you parked far away tells him you will respect his car as much as he respects yours.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
I find a curb in the lot to park half an inch away from..
^^ Thats exactly what I do...gotta be careful when your lowered though...some of those curbs are like 2 stories high! Luckily, Im not lowered.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
The first day I gt my car I went to the beach. Parked when I got back and drove home after I got out I relized someone keyed my car. Fu&& u who ever did it if I woulda saw u lol well let's just say u wouldent of had a chance to do it to start with

Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
When my car had roughly 4,000k, I got a pretty nice door ding. I took it to a paintless dent removal shop and got it fixed for $100 lol.. I just couldn't stand noticing the dent every time I went to open my door.

Ever since, I take even more caution when parking. I try to find an end space and kinda park directly on or a little over the outside line so there is plenty of space between me and the next guy. It makes me look like I can't park worth shit, but it's been worth it so far (knock on wood).

And if that's not an option, I just park in the back forty...

Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Killer Goldfish
You may want to see if the store has a security camera that covered the area where you parked. Perhaps it was an act of vandalism. This I believe would persuade the store to allow you to view, and or, get a copy of the act. Then you could get "The Law" involved. I feel ur pain...
In my experience the only way most stores will release the tape is if you file a police report then they will release the tape to the cops. This was with a major grocery store though. Each store might be different.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
I always park acres away from anyone. My dad's been doing that since I can remember, and it's stuck with me. Though I park in the middle of nowhere, I still take measures to make sure no one parks next to me, and if they do, they usually only open their driver side door, so I'll park in a place where it's only possible to park on my driver side.

If all else fails, a few well-placed RPG's usually changes the purpotraitor's outlook towards life....>.<

Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
i take a picture of the license plate next to a possible bump and runner.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I had a co worker back his pick-up into my last car. We were parked in the secured and gated parking lot that is covered by 24hr surveilance cameras. His trailer hitch punched a perfect square hole in my bumper. He drove off without saying a word. This was all caught on tape. He even denied it!!! The tapes were reviewed and he was forced to give me his insurance info or be disciplined. What a POS!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
i only have one small door ding. Im usually very careful of where I park. ideal spot is next to a curb, then you can basically park on top of the curb. with are cars being so small unless some one completely fails at parking even letting there door swing wide open it wont hit the car. If i cant park next to a curb I will park middle off to one side. I also dont take my car to really busy places like MoA, or any mall actually.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
In my experience the only way most stores will release the tape is if you file a police report then they will release the tape to the cops. This was with a major grocery store though. Each store might be different.
I agree..it can't hurt to try.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Cap
5 Year Member
... then sometimes you pull into a spot and notice that the car next to you is covered in scratches, dents, taped up rearview mirror, etc...

that's definitely a warning to find a new parking spot.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
If I see XD, I'm always trying to park next to him ..just to compare them one more time and enjoy my choice.

I never park next to the junky-looking car, two-door or SUV (cause i hate them).

Old 02-20-2010, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cap
In 2000 i bought a new silverado. before i even had 5000k on it, some @*#$ hit and ran it in a mall parking lot.

now, my fit has less than 3000k and some *&$)# scraped the cr@p out of the trunk in a safeway parking lot.

thanks losers.

btw, does anyone else out there always try to park exactly in the middle of parking spots not because they want a nice park, but because it helps prevent &#&%s from opening their doors into the side of your car because they are not paying attention...?
I'm with ya!!

I have ALWAYS bought used cars but back in 1991 I decided to treat myself to a brand new Toyota 4x4 truck. I bought in October and some idiot decided to key the hell out of it in November! It was sleeting and whatnot but I was still out there waxing and buffing. Most of it came out with the exception of about two 12" scrapes that were down to the metal. Pissed me off!

A couple of cars later, and still vowing to by used, the Cash for Clunkers program came up and it only made financial sense to buy another new car, especially since I'd be getting $4,500 for my car that couldn't be worth $500. I was excited and yet hesitant but proceeded to buy my 2009 Fit Sport.

My wife and I went to the movies in the Fit and I parked it out front amongst all the other cars as I didn't want to bring attention to myself by parking in the "middle of nowhere". But that didn't matter. Before I had even made my first payment, some idiot decided to smash my front passenger window. Of course then the glass company totally screwed up the door and the Fit had to go to the body shop. All this within the first month of ownership!

And in regards to your question about parking dead-center within a parking spot......that's a given!

Sorry to hear about your woes but wanted to let you know you ain't alone. There are a lot of inconsiderate ass-holes out there.

Last edited by hogwylde; 02-20-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Selden
not everybody is out to get you, although it's not a bad idea to drive as if they are.
Sounds as if you have some motorcycle riding experience.

Quick Reply: a-holes who anonymously damage our cars