2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

17x10 in GE8

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mk donz
posting from indonesia
Honda Fit GE8 with 10 no wide body in here

the specs
OZ Futura 17x8.5 ET 39 17x10 ET 33
Falken Ziex 912 205/45/17 and 215/45/17
Tanabe Coilover

WoW! Man, very nice-looking ride... but I'll bet you couldn't squeeze a flippin' dime between your rubber and wheel wells!

I think you may need to lower it... looks too high!

Man, my @$$ rubs the seat just sitting still, and my face feels like it's rubbing the computer screen just lookin' at that drop!

Looks good though.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC
Economy cars shouldn't look like that in my opinion lol. i can understand if you put it on a lexus or a more luxurious car like that. Even then i think it looks silly But to each his own! I like the wheels though Very nice
Hey, hey... what a bummer! You shut your whore mouth when Billy Mays is talkin'!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
The red rep power, no idea...
Zoom... right over your head, buddy! LMAO... you got negative on the guy about his tires/drop, and, LMAO, he comes at you with "Why you got a lot red rep power?" LMAO!

Oh man, he ragged you bud, and did it in a way you didn't even notice!

Man, I see some stuff on this forum from time to time that keeps me in stitches for hours. I think the last time I laughed this hard was when some guy asked a new Fit owner if their ride smelled like "weed" when he went to pick it up... because his smelled like some dealer guy ripped a pipe in his!" LMAO! I still roll on that one... it's like a Cheech and Chong movie or something!

Anyway... you gotta see the humor, right? You ragged on his ride, and he comes back asking you why you have a lot of "red rep power"! LMAO!

Oh, but he didn't try to ignore that issue at all! Lol, he ignored it, and threw it right back at you!!!

MK Donz - 3 points
555sexydrive - 1 point (He got you, man!) LMAO!

Lol... Hey, don't rag on the man's ride!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by annunC8
WoW! Man, very nice-looking ride... but I'll bet you couldn't squeeze a flippin' dime between your rubber and wheel wells!

I think you may need to lower it... looks too high!

Man, my @$$ rubs the seat just sitting still, and my face feels like it's rubbing the computer screen just lookin' at that drop!

Looks good though.
shittt man, it almost rubbing everyday when i turn the wheels left or right ahahaha especialy when i make a U Turn its all sound "ssssrrrrrooooooookkkkkkk"

hmm maybe you should see this one man,

i think its low enough LOL

but thanks.........
for your compliment, realy appreciated it

Last edited by mk donz; 05-11-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by markwalter
Looks awesome!!!! Who ever said rubbing is a bad thing? Mine rubs all day everyday and everything is finnnnee.... I can't wait till I can save enough cash to get my new wheels! Mine will also be stretched like this, but a 16x8. Did you end up taking the car to the shop yet?
wohooooooo, cant wait to see your 16x8
yupp, its already done

Last edited by mk donz; 05-11-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by markwalter
Looks awesome!!!! Who ever said rubbing is a bad thing? Mine rubs all day everyday and everything is finnnnee.... I can't wait till I can save enough cash to get my new wheels! Mine will also be stretched like this, but a 16x8. Did you end up taking the car to the shop yet?
I can't seem to understand the joy of having tires that rub...... It seems like it is being equated to being able to step on your dick but you wouldn't want to do that would you?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I can't seem to understand the joy of having tires that rub...... It seems like it is being equated to being able to step on your dick but you wouldn't want to do that would you?
well i think, some people have some different taste, and sometimes, i do understand about why i let my tyres go rubbing, because different style different game, and thats all my consequnces about being flush..

Last edited by mk donz; 05-11-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
If you ain't rubbin' you ain't dubbin'

...wait *flashback*

Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
well i think, some people have some different taste, and sometimes, i do understand about why i let my tyre is rubbing, because different style different game, and thats all my consequnces about being flush..
Your car does look great, there is no way anyone can deny that.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
AHAHAH. But the car does look damn good.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
well i think, some people have some different taste, and sometimes, i do understand about why i let my tyres go rubbing, because different style different game, and thats all my consequnces about being flush..
it sure is, u help me alot with specs for my setup now i just gotta put em together and slap em on the car, the bbs i got are RS327 (i saw the post u left me on wrongfitmentcrew)

Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
it looks ok, really don't like when the wheel offsets too much. is there any turning issues? such as hitting the sidewall with the inner side of the fender?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by FitDEEZ
it sure is, u help me alot with specs for my setup now i just gotta put em together and slap em on the car, the bbs i got are RS327 (i saw the post u left me on wrongfitmentcrew)
are those 5 lugs or 4 lugs? RS327, what the basic spec? 16x7?
i cant wait to see those shit done

Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by L15A VTEC
it looks ok, really don't like when the wheel offsets too much. is there any turning issues? such as hitting the sidewall with the inner side of the fender?
hhmm, when first time i used the wheels, yes, because i didnt roll the fender, but after i put on a camber bolts and roll the fender, there no rubbing issues except when i make a U Turn

Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
Zoom... right over your head, buddy! LMAO... you got negative on the guy about his tires/drop, and, LMAO, he comes at you with "Why you got a lot red rep power?" LMAO!

Oh man, he ragged you bud, and did it in a way you didn't even notice!

Man, I see some stuff on this forum from time to time that keeps me in stitches for hours. I think the last time I laughed this hard was when some guy asked a new Fit owner if their ride smelled like "weed" when he went to pick it up... because his smelled like some dealer guy ripped a pipe in his!" LMAO! I still roll on that one... it's like a Cheech and Chong movie or something!

Anyway... you gotta see the humor, right? You ragged on his ride, and he comes back asking you why you have a lot of "red rep power"! LMAO!

Oh, but he didn't try to ignore that issue at all! Lol, he ignored it, and threw it right back at you!!!

MK Donz - 3 points
555sexydrive - 1 point (He got you, man!) LMAO!

Lol... Hey, don't rag on the man's ride!!!
Actually at first, this is what I thought to be honest. Instead I gave the benefit of the doubt to MKDonz and that he was seriously asking why. If it was a backhanded slap, so be it. I don't think I really ragged on his ride, I asked what tire he was using because the pic showed a 205 and he stated he had a 215. I won't lie, the style is not my thing and I believe I said something of that nature, but did wish him luck in getting it all figured out.

MKDonz, if you feel I was calling you out on your choice of style with your vehicle, well my apologies for that. It's hard for me to relate with going for style over purpose since I love beating on vehicles I own. And I'll reiterate (not specifically to you, but in general) what I posted in another thread, don't take so seriously the words that are presented on a forum or in life, they are after all just that words spoken. Thin-skinned individuals really must hate life.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
are those 5 lugs or 4 lugs? RS327, what the basic spec? 16x7?
i cant wait to see those shit done
the basic spec says 16x7 they were 5 lug but re-drilled to 4 lug now

Old 05-12-2010, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beangrower
very sick indeed. Definitely one of my favorite FITS.

You should post this up on vipstylecarsDOTcom. i'm sure they'd appreciate ur aggressive fitment than over here.

NICE!!

need to go to above web site...... check for member GATO,
he also runs oz wheels like yourself..and his paint is black....

you will be impressed., or your money back

Old 05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
If it was a backhanded slap, so be it. I don't think I really ragged on his ride...
I didn't take it that you were "ragging" on his ride, so-to-speak... but he may have! Hence, and again, the "red reps" comment!

Either way, it made me laugh hysterically. Reading it again made me roll all over again just now.

If his intentions were what I thought, that's just a classic "turn the attention away from yourself" response!

All in good fun!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
shittt man, it almost rubbing everyday when i turn the wheels left or right ahahaha especialy when i make a U Turn its all sound "ssssrrrrrooooooookkkkkkk"

hmm maybe you should see this one man,

i think its low enough LOL

but thanks.........
for your compliment, realy appreciated it
No, no... I was only being facetious about dropping further! That's why I said you couldn't squeeze a dime between your rubber and your wheel wells/fenders. Sorry, just a little dry American humor here.

BTW, the pic above? Looks really nice... clean! I'm not a huge fan of the stretched tire thing, personally... but regardless, your ride DOES look nice.

I kinda' wish the Fit was either all-wheel drive (like the Lamborghini Murcielago. I know, a REALLY ridiculous comparison! ), or rear wheel drive. I could then justify using a staggered wheel setup -- I like the "staggered" look.

Anyway, nice pic above.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Actually at first, this is what I thought to be honest. Instead I gave the benefit of the doubt to MKDonz and that he was seriously asking why. If it was a backhanded slap, so be it. I don't think I really ragged on his ride, I asked what tire he was using because the pic showed a 205 and he stated he had a 215. I won't lie, the style is not my thing and I believe I said something of that nature, but did wish him luck in getting it all figured out.

MKDonz, if you feel I was calling you out on your choice of style with your vehicle, well my apologies for that. It's hard for me to relate with going for style over purpose since I love beating on vehicles I own. And I'll reiterate (not specifically to you, but in general) what I posted in another thread, don't take so seriously the words that are presented on a forum or in life, they are after all just that words spoken. Thin-skinned individuals really must hate life.
nooo man , no hard feeling at all hahayyyyy
thanks for your 2cent, i didnt even think that you ragging me out lol
hahahaha.. everybody had their own style so who can blame on us?

Quick Reply: 17x10 in GE8