2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rota Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Talking Rota Rims

Thinking about picking up some rims for the summer. Been researching and love the Work Emotion- CR Kai's. Talked to a couple guys and price was decent, $1200 for a set here.

I know Rota rims do alot of replicas, and they have one for the CR Kai's. Just wondering if any one has had them, and had any problems with them?
I know the quality won't be the best compared to Works, but for the price, I've read on other forums its a pretty good deal. Any suggestions??

I'm up for any sets for rims, if ya think there are any other brands/styles that would make the fit sexy, please let this newbie know!

If ya have any rims for sale let me know! I'm looking for gunmetal. All inputs greatly appreciated!!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
save yer cash

Originally Posted by airjordan023
Talked to a couple guys and price was decent, $1200 for a set here.
i hate to voice a contrarian view, but i think $1200 is just too much for wheels. here's my Fit rollin' on some bling bling camry hubcaps. ebay - $40. and when i get sick of them, i'll swap them out for some other style.

wheels don't make the man - a fat bank account does. that's what my mom taught me.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned
rota ftl, work ftw that is all honestly if you're going to buy rotas stay on stockers

and to the post above me.........wow.....that's moronic

Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 AM
rotas are great, its the best of both worlds, a nice wheel for cheap money, and no matter what anyone says they are VERY strong and reliable

Old 02-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned
not as strong as the real deal.......

Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 AM
im not looking to spend 5g's on really nice wheels and tires, 600 sounds good lol, large potholes and curbs hurt every wheel, ill try not to hit any

Old 02-06-2010, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jackie11111
i hate to voice a contrarian view, but i think $1200 is just too much for wheels. here's my Fit rollin' on some bling bling camry hubcaps. ebay - $40. and when i get sick of them, i'll swap them out for some other style.

wheels don't make the man - a fat bank account does. that's what my mom taught me.
While I agree $1200.00 is too much for wheels if you don't have it, it's not if that's what someone really wants to pay for wheels, ya' know?

I also know wheels don't make the man, but neither does a bank account if he's a jackass or is void of certain other attributes such as good habits, social skills and most important, class! (that pretty much goes for anyone, male or female)

My opinion? With all due respect, that is truly a nice front-end conversion you shared with us! But Jackie, you have to provide wheels that will live up to the rest of that great stance.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I've been dealing with the same issue. I want white rims really bad! I've saved all last year and finally have enough to purchase some rims and new tires. I had thought about doing a short ram CAI but I love the performance of my car and don't want to interfer with the mpg or the hp. Then I thought about doing a new exhaust our state is trying to make it illegal to do aftermarket exhaust so why do that if I am going to get pulled over and ticketed. So I decided I will do new rims and give the car some bling but white rims are really hard to find. If you go with rota's or something else cheaper then you are not riding on as good of a rim as you have on the car. So I am looking to find a set of stocker rims and plan to have them powder coated white and the guy is able to have a friend paint the H in the middle red to match my car. He said that they clear coat the rims and they should keep their color and look good for several years unless I curb them or have an accident. This way I keep my wheel locks and I have an extra set of rims to use when the weather gets nasty.

Cat :x

Old 02-06-2010, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
Before:

After:

Then again, all wheels fail and have their flaws.

But we all have our own choices and opinions. Do your homework and get what you feel like getting.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by jackie11111

wheels don't make the man

True, wheels don't make the man, and neither do big boobs make the woman, but if you can afford them they sure are money well spent and a lot better to look at.
Apparently you agree with me on the boobs.

Flea

Old 02-06-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinn
Before:

Then again, all wheels fail and have their flaws.

But we all have our own choices and opinions. Do your homework and get what you feel like getting.

with all do respect, everyone always knocks rota wheels. i personally have rota wheels and have been selling them for the past 7 years and never encountered issues like these pics, not so say it can not happen.
so here are a few non rota wheels, name brand/hi-end wheels in rotas defense
VOLK
Name:  DSC_0424.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  86.5 KB
HRE
Name:  HREa.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  88.2 KB
porsche
Name:  porsche_wrecked_broken_rims.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  post-9387-1231401045_thumb.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  70.4 KB
RAYS
Name:  rota.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  42.2 KB

Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
any wheels is gunna break when u hit a curb going 70 lol and rotas have a tendency to break more becasue everyone owns a set, not too many people can say they own volks or rays compared to rotas

Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AtticusFit
with all do respect, everyone always knocks rota wheels. i personally have rota wheels and have been selling them for the past 7 years and never encountered issues like these pics, not so say it can not happen.
so here are a few non rota wheels, name brand/hi-end wheels in rotas defense
VOLK

HRE

porsche

RAYS

THANK YOU! Man I'm tired of people saying Rota's break with any little pebble that hits them.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Generally people who have Volks don't run into curbs because they know how to drive, lol.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
lol...think about it this way: if everybody could afford nice rims such as volk, work, etc, there would be just as many ppl doing all the dumb things they've been doin on rota's and having to trash them. ppl that don't want to waste thousands on wheels get rotas, and some just have the tendency to do retarded things with them, the same they would do if they could afford to buy the more expensive wheels. i'm not like that, but there are people out there that just don't give a crap and wanna have fun

Old 02-06-2010, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
i have run on rotas aggressively before, never a problem for me. i think they're good bang for the buck. they are strong enough for normal ppl with dd's, maybe even ppl that autox and track, but if you're a retard like the ppl in all the pics above, then you deserve to get screwed for taking your lowered car on rims offroading like a fool.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned
I bet the Volks broke under much more severe conditions than the knockoffs...and it looks like that porsche jumped a curb at a fairly high speed.......and HRE is garbage

Old 02-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I rode on 16" rota grids for many years and did fairly frequent autox runs with them and never had any durability issues with them even after being curbed by my then g/f.

If the primary reason for getting rims are for looks or if you're on a tight budget then rotas are more than adequate for daily driving and even the occassional autox or 1/4 mile. No you won't get as much weight savings or extreme condition strength as a race purposed rim but you'll save yourself a pretty penny which you could use on other things such as upgrading front rotors/pads.

If you're planning on doing a lot of tracking or if you want to spend a lot on rims to impress people then race oriented, non-replica rims can reduce rotating mass improving braking, acceleration, and in some cases handling.

Last edited by red600; 02-06-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Banned
or you could go with stock wheels of a performance model.....the wheels i'm getting are stock off another car, and are lighter than my ray's and still strong as muff....plus they're cheap

Quick Reply: Rota Rims