2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

how to fix digital fit floormate from weathertech

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
how to fix digital fit floormate from weathertech

This thread is NOT here to insinuate in ANY way that weathertech's product is defective or crappy or, etc. On the contrary their stuff ROCKS!!!! Mucho thumbs up!!But I only have two so........instead ill just do a little dance for them!

back to the thread. When i received my digital fit floor mats (the one that is cut to fit the entire floorboard.) Now, during shipping the endges which are suposed to sit flush against trim panels and the such, get bent inwards which make the mat have bad gaps between the panel/carpet and the actual mat.

To fix this shipping issue, simply bend the mat at its outer edge (where it curves upwards) and that will force the mat edges to sit flush against the trim and or the carpet. another more permanent method is the same as aforementioned, but use a hairdryer (NOT A HEAT GUN YOU WILL MELT THE RUBBER TRUST ME! ITS NOT THAT THICK) to heat the area youre bending and once warm, hold it open, or more succinctly, rather than folding the part of the mat the contacts the trim or carpet inwards, simply fold it outwards whilst warm/hot and then allow to cool whilst still holding it. This will change the shape forever and keep your new weathtech digital fit floorliners flush against carpet and the trim.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'm waiting for my own floorliners. I was wondering how long did it take between when you ordered yours and when they were shipped? I've been waiting for 10 business days (2 weeks) so far and my order still says "in progress." Was that similar to your experience?

Old 01-29-2010, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Looking at the mud and salt that is in the floorliners and NOT soaking into my carpets, I will repeat, "Weathertech floorliners ROCK!"

Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Just so everyone knows, weathertech makes these floormats per order. They are not stored on a shelf and shipped when you order. That means they are made to order. Mine took a total of 3 weeks to receive.

Now that that is said, I have had my floor liners for about 2 months now and completely love them. I had the gap between the liner and the driver door sill, but it has gone away with time.

I reccomend them to anyone wanting to get them. Well worth the price (i paid 160 for front and rear liners.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
this is a repost

other users called weathertech and got and new mat or did the hairdryer trick.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
In my case, no amount of bending or heating with a hair dryer resolved the gap problem, which was caused by the outer edge of the mat being very slightly bigger than the opening it fits in. Whether this is a minute tolerance issue with Weathertech or with Honda is moot. I resolved the issue to my satisfaction with a 3-inch strip of 3M double sided body molding tape. It's just not that big a problem to be worth shipping the mats back to Weathertech, and I'm guessing that there is a 50/50 chance that a replacement set would have the same issue.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm envious of you! How long did it take for you to get your product. I paid on the 10th of January and I am still waiting for my floor liners. I understand these are made to order... What I don't understand is why they can't give me any idea of when they are expected to be done and ready to ship. Its unfortunate they have a great product but terrible consumer service. If only someone else would also make these custom molded mats I would probably have cancelled my order by now.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Call them, and ask about the status of your order.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 PM
I've written them in two seperate emails and each time have gotten the standard "much of our stock was depleted over the holidays and as a result many of our products are currently manufactured on a made-to-order basis..Our warehouses are doing everything they can to get our orders shipped as quickly as possible, and your order will be shipped shortly"
I think this is what makes me mad, they conduct their business like these products are NOT made-to-order... terribly misleading.
So yes, come Monday, I will try and call, but I am not hoping for a better outcome.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Smoochas,

I ordered mine on the 11th of January. Have been calling them a number of times already since last week and they have told me a number of stories.

One is that the product has already shipped, that they will be upgrading it to 3 day shipping, you will receive the confirmation number soon and should be receiving the product Monday, TODAY.

Another is when I called just now, they said that the product is just shipping out of their IL plant because they ran out of stock at their Kansas plant. They told me that they are now upgrading it to a 2 day air mail and should receive them on Wednesday.

What's funny is that in their website, it clearly stated that it is a custom made product which makes it a made-to-order. 3-7 business days for manufacturing and up to 5 days for shipping. So let's say that we are in a worst case scenario here and that the manufacturing took 7 days and took 5 days to ship. So that makes it 12 days. So it should take roughly 3 weeks.

We are now both coming up to 4 weeks and it is still not here. I've been very patient with them as they told me 2 or 3 times that they have already shipped the product. If this thing is not delivered on Wednesday, I'm gonna have them cancel it and might dispute it with the credit card company as they already charged me.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I had mine ordered 2 weeks before Christmas and didn't recieve mine until 2 weeks after. I can't complain though because they are amazing. ONce I get some spare time, though I'll have to do the hair dryer trick to fix mine. I can't be without them in Chicago.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
At least there are a number of members here that are receiving the floor mats in a timely manner.

Hopefully I'll be getting the confirmation number soon because I do like this product.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
these floor mats complement well my interior and way better than oem. It took awhile to get mine but just in time for winter? but i just wish they put more grove in these mats especially by the drivers side. In cold weather days it collects alot of ice sheets and its slippery getting in and out. The back seems short to cover the areas, GD3 owners should know what i mean.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Just a quick update here.

Finally got the comfirmation and the floor mats are in transit. The upgraded it to 2 day delivery and should be receiving it tomorrow.

Took a long time to get sihipped but at least they made some effort of having it delivered ASAP.

So don't lose hope and you will get it. Just be patient and some constant follow up on it.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I've had these mats for a couple of months now and read about the fitment issue on the drivers side. I'm curious to know if the people who have the fitment issue have AT or MT, because I've had no problems except during one long distance trip. Normally driving around everywhere I need to go my feet are near the pedals always (MT) or on the dead pedal.

However on a recent long-distance trip (Chicago to LA) I would take my left foot off the dead pedal for extended periods of time and rest it further back (near the Weathertech logo) and sure enough after the trip it was bent/warped just like how I've seen in all the pics on here. This is often where I would put my foot if I was driving an Automatic car as I wouldn't need my left foot near the dead pedal.

After a few weeks of driving around normally with my feet where they usually are the gap in the floormat went away. Just something I noticed, I think it could easily be related to where the driver's feet are and the pressure on the mat. Though even when I had the gap I really didn't care, they saved my carpet from the Chicago winter and all the rain LA has been having, and that's why I bought them.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
For the most part i'm happy with them. They do work great and will protect more sq footage of carpet than any other system I know of-period. I’m sure theirs a competitor form Europe or the UK for sure and if so, please let us know about them.

****update****
After several weeks of use, these things really DO work at catching crap that I never really though would be caught. I mean, this system really prevents ANY debris, mud, etc., from getting onto the front floorboards carpeting-none-period! They're great!

HOWEVER, their delivery time imho is ok; if their products are truly quasi-bespoke in nature. These things take time to make AND if you don’t like that idea, then think of this: What I they did like everyone else does so they would maximise profit by simply hanging, stacking or G-d forbid...GASP!!!!!.....roll them up to make room for more space? Think about how screwed up they’d be then? Man! I wouldn't even WANT to know bout' that!

Of, and what if they didn't use a climate controlled environment? Imagine the how easily they would prolly roll up or become bent, and then they’d NEVER fit w/out some major heat intervention and multiple personnel!

With that said, I believe that I received my order in about 10 bus days. Again they did have to MAKE these floorliners custom and w/out the OEM moulds. I like that!

Now, for the critique! If I do rest my left leg on the dead pedal, alls fine in love and war......if you know what I mean? Anyway, there is still a problem area with the curvature around the kick plate. It’s the area preceding the actual foot rest (dead pedal). The new mat does not fit flush against the trim plastic of the driver’s side lower left kick panel. Again, nothing here works either. Luckily it’s not too bad and there shouldn’t be too much dirt to lodge between the floorliners and the carpet.

Lastly, the area of the floorliners that I fixed as per my orig. post is fixed for the most part. I have noticed however, that if I were to rest my whole left leg whilst say, on a long boring drive on some unforgettable clone of I-20, my foot is placed on the WeatherTech Logo seal thingy.....and I've noticed that at this point that, when I placed my foot over that emblem, I could feel the mat actually "move" downward about 1/8" (sorry you metric guys-I can convert miles to kilo but that its!) and the bulge returned-badly. The only real fix was to actually rebend the left side of the floor liner, and this time with some real effort to semi perm fixes it. Well see how it holds up!

Oh, and one other complaint. I believe that this product should have a disclaimer that says, "Once installed, this product will slide around a bit on the driver's floor area if some minor force is used, such as getting in or out of your vehicle, or from simply using the floor as a 'push off' point to get to your wallet whilst driving, etc. To prevent this from occurring, one might have some luck with leaving ur stock mats in and placing the liner on top of the mats. that way, the clip will or should help to hold it in place. OTOH, i u were cheap like me and didnt get mate w/ ur car, then either go buy the OEM clips for mats from Honda, or try using some heavy heavy I mean HEAVY DUTY dbl sided tape on the plastic floor plate on the drivers side.

I tried 3m tape in the 1/4" variety and it WILL NOT stick to the bacl of the mat (b/c its too slick) and the trim is somehow too slick as well. My guess and largte piece and stronger type might work. in my mind, however, id go get the honda factory clips IF they sell them seperately from the mats. Do they? Anyone know?

Sorry for then length i know im very longwinded, but.....had to say so. Ih great! Im now 20m late my property II law class and it take about 15m to get there! great! he'll call on me tonight FOR SURE!!! But tehres nothing I wont do fo yall! jeffe007....out...

Old 08-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I bought a front set of these over a year ago and love them.

Mine too have the driver side "bend". It never really bothered me enough to complain to them, although I wonder why they can't get it right when the passenger side fits perfect.

Anybody else getting the carpet wear from the mat rubbing, as I have posted about before?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
how is everyone keeping them in place? my driver side mat rides up on the dead pedal and shifts back when i go to exit. i finally put some sure-loc strips on last night and hope they will hold it in place.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2010Fit
how is everyone keeping them in place? my driver side mat rides up on the dead pedal and shifts back when i go to exit. i finally put some sure-loc strips on last night and hope they will hold it in place.
velcro strips taped to the bottom of the mat (hook side)

Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
i put the sure-locs on the dead pedal and in the middle of the mat towards the driver's seat and stuck it to the plastic reinforcement plastic on the floor. has not shifted yet even with the 100+ deg heat.

Quick Reply: how to fix digital fit floormate from weathertech