2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

remove rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
Let's just say he does not know an axle from an antiroll bar or his.....

I froze my thingamajiggys off last night taking the air out of my tires to save weight.

It is -20C aka -4F here this morning. I suspect a lot of the Fit is frozen and will just fall off thereby improving mileage.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 AM
dgs
The OP's post is contradictory. Only someone interested in performance is going to worry about shaving pounds off the weight of their car, but he says he's not interested in performance. If you're not interested in performance than what do you care what the car weighs?

Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
The OP's post is contradictory. Only someone interested in performance is going to worry about shaving pounds off the weight of their car, but he says he's not interested in performance. If you're not interested in performance than what do you care what the car weighs?
Economy would be another reason. Lighter cars require less fuel to move.

Haven't heard from the OP in a while... I'd like to hear what the overall goal is for weight savings as that will definitely help people guide the OP in the right direction.

~SB

Here are some performance Mods that will help lighten the load.
Amazon.com: Health Plus - Super Colon Cleanse, 12 oz powder ( Triple Pack): Health & Personal Care
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit...858878&sr=1-14

Last edited by specboy; 01-30-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 PM
dgs
Originally Posted by specboy
Economy would be another reason. Lighter cars require less fuel to move.
The OP thought the rear sway bar weighed 50 lbs, it's going to take more than 50 lbs of weight savings to see a noticeable increase in fuel economy.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
The OP thought the rear sway bar weighed 50 lbs, it's going to take more than 50 lbs of weight savings to see a noticeable increase in fuel economy.
yeah... 50 won't do much. I took it more as he was looking to lose weight on the car and thought one of the things that looked heavy was the sway bar so he wanted to start with that.

~SB

Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Good genes is what it must be.
Listen, skinny, genes have nothing to do with it.

Never in my entire life have I seen so many drastically overweight, ignorant (not stupid, mind you), lazy, effort-challenged, entitlement-minded Americans... I sometimes wonder if I've been transported to some bizarre, parallel universe or something. The America now is not the America it was even ten years ago... and I'm not talking in a good way.

You're trying to get me started here, aren't you? Please don't... it won't be nice, and it's possible I could inadvertently make lots of enemies in the process.

This thread aside, I guess... never in my life have I spoken with so many spouting people I either have to just look at, unable to respond, wondering if I'm missing something or have lost my mind, or I just have to walk away... hoping desperately they won't ask me where I'm going so I don't have to lie to them to cover how absolutely clueless or, sadly, moronic they are!

Hey, I'm may not be the brightest person to ever walk the face of the earth. But when even simple common sense takes a near-permanent vacation from the majority of people around you, then it's time to completely reconsider life itself!

Love what your ride is becoming! Please don't start removing vital rear suspension parts... I'd hate to see that soon-to-be-near-wonderful Fit of yours a wrecked junk heap on the side of some Japanese highway!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8

Love what your ride is becoming! Please don't start removing vital rear suspension parts... I'd hate to see that soon-to-be-near-wonderful Fit of yours a wrecked junk heap on the side of some Japanese highway!
It wasn't I looking to remove sussy parts, I just commented on the rear stabilizer bar not weighing anywhere near 50lbs. If anything, I will add sussy parts to the rear.

I no longer think of the term common sense as such, I call it uncommon sense because a good majority seem to think the same hence that would now be common.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by dgs
Because I added 200 pounds of sound damping materials. (it didn't help that much, I don't recommend it)

But besides "performance" (this car does not really "perform" anyway) there is gas mileage, which weight can affect.

OK, fine, I should not be removing stuff I don't know about, but some people called it an axle, and I know that ain't no axle. The car has no axle.

And yes folks. I will lose weight on my body, thanks for all your concerns and kind words. (smile o glyph)

Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
actually the fit has 2 axles

Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
stay on topic.

it's quite a wonder to me how you get one person asking about weight reduction then it turns into bashing on a stereo type and on to religion. If you want a debate forum, put it in the suggestion section or join this Great Debate Forum . If not.......stop starting shit where it doesn't belong.