2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Aftermarket Guages in a GE8

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Aftermarket Guages in a GE8

Crazy title, but I'm trying to make it an easy search for those after me...

Has anyone tried to install aftermarket guages? 2" Autometer ones?
I have not been able to find a company that even makes the guages pots for a 2009 + Fit... Anyone done thier own install?

I was thinking about pulling the top piece off the dash, (dirrectly above the stock speedometer) and fabricating something with fiberglass....maybe 2 pot, one for Temperature and one for Voltage or "Useless Blinky Lights" (A/F Ratio)...

Pictures would be great if someone has done it already!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
i would do water temp and egt.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Troubler

I have not been able to find a company that even makes the guages pots for a 2009 + Fit... Anyone done thier own install?

I was thinking about pulling the top piece off the dash, (dirrectly above the stock speedometer) and fabricating something with fiberglass....maybe 2 pot, one for Temperature and one for Voltage or "Useless Blinky Lights" (A/F Ratio)...

I'm waiting on something like this as well. Pillar mount would be the best, or even the area of the lower triangle glass.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:43 AM
What is it your trying to see? What additional data?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Lek
Old 01-16-2010, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Old 01-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Lek
http://www.mugen-power.com/automobil.../parts/06.html scroll down page a little. I am sure they do a left hand drive.

Last edited by Lek; 01-16-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lek
–³ŒÀ | FIT | PARTS scroll down page a little. I am sure they do a left hand drive.
Can someone read that for us? and maybe email to find out about a LHD version...

I was also thinking about the OBD2 ScanGuage 2 seen here:

ScanGauge II OBDII Code Reader + Digital gauges + Trip Computer

But I would like some first hand feedback about using it on a GE8.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Can someone read that for us? and maybe email to find out about a LHD version...

I was also thinking about the OBD2 ScanGuage 2 seen here:

ScanGauge II OBDII Code Reader + Digital gauges + Trip Computer

But I would like some first hand feedback about using it on a GE8.
I've been using a Scangauge 2 (SG2) for about a month now, what did you want to know? It works... haven't found a really good place to mount it though, for now it's velcroed on top of my dash.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:52 AM
Lek
http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.as...80720210542200

http://www.rstyleracing.com/?Categor...91116212909448

e-mail Ying at rtnracing@hotmail.com maybe they have left hand drive.

Last edited by Lek; 01-17-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
B@d@$$ Gauges, man!

Has anyone tried to install aftermarket guages? 2" Autometer ones? I have not been able to find a company that even makes the guages pots for a 2009 + Fit... Anyone done thier own install?
Sorry, no help here (except for the Mugen stuff that's already been posted), but...

... Some B@d@$$ Gauges here (especially the first & second vids):

Vibrant, clean-looking:
YouTube - Glowshift

Extremely nice also (check out the steering wheel & dash on that ride... door on the left too):
YouTube - GlowShift Gauges - Tinted 7 Color Series

Decent mount (bad video):
YouTube - GlowShift Gauges WRX

Order, anyone?
Performance Gauges & Gauge Pods GlowShift Gauges - Boost Wideband Air Fuel Gauges

I wouldn't mind having either of the first two in my GE8!

Last edited by annunC8; 01-17-2010 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a URL
Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
Hey, why not send an email to JDP and see if those boys can do it? Their JDP CF stuff is pretty well built so I am sure they can fabricate something if there's enough interest =)

Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by clicq
I've been using a Scangauge 2 (SG2) for about a month now, what did you want to know? It works... haven't found a really good place to mount it though, for now it's velcroed on top of my dash.
Do all the guages seem to work correctly, giving you the correct numbers? Scanner actually does the correct codes and can clear them?

The Honda Fit 2009+ is not on thier compatibilty list so I don't wanna go buying one if only some of the stuff works!

Last edited by Troubler; 01-22-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
How hard to install? PnP? or splicing into OE stuff? Do all the guages seem to work correctly, giving you the correct numbers? Scanner actually does the correct codes and can clear them?

The Honda Fit 2009+ is not on thier compatibilty list so I don't wanna go buying one if only some of the stuff works!
The SG2 just plugs into the OBD2 connector under the dash on the driver's side -- no splicing necessary. There's a cable that runs to the device, which is about the size of a computer network cable. All the gauges that are suitably generic work, there's a few that don't work, but it's noted in the manual that they're only supported on a few models.

Some of the information it can display includes:
RPM / Speed
Gallons per hour
MAP
Air intake temp / water temp
ignition timing
engine load

The numbers seem to make sense to me (air intake temp is pretty close to ambient, water temp stabilizes at around 180F), though I don't have any way to double check the numbers.

I haven't had any codes thrown on my Fit yet, but I expect it to be able to read and clear any generic OBD2 codes -- same limitation as most consumer code scanners. I have used it on a friend's Camry to read the code for a bad O2 sensor.

The SG2 does have some limitations -- the display updates really slowly if it's cold (below freezing) until it warms up, it washes out in direct sunlight, and it's digital which you might not like as much as an analog gauge. Still, it's probably the easiest way to get access to that info.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by clicq
The SG2 just plugs into the OBD2 connector under the dash on the driver's side -- no splicing necessary. There's a cable that runs to the device, which is about the size of a computer network cable.
I realized that about 30 seconds later, I edited, but you caught me!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Just get a DashDaq (DashDAQ from Drew Technologies), plugs into your obd2 connector, and will give you access to every sensor in your car, plus you can make your own skins, and arrange the gauges however you want on the screen, plus all of the other features it offers.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 PM

This is the direction I'm heading. The nav unit works well in the corner window on the driver's side.

ecoRoute hd: Transform your nuvi into a real-time diagnostics computer

Unreal.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Will the scangauge or dashdaq display oil pressure for the 2010 Fit?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Ein
5 Year Member
Not Scangauge.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gyrotor
Will the scangauge or dashdaq display oil pressure for the 2010 Fit?
The dashdaq will, but oil pressure isn't part of obd2 sensor harness, so you would have to use an aftermarket 0-5v Analog electric oil pressure sender. Connect the sender to the DashDaq.

Compatible Logging & Engine Management Systems & Sensor Input list is located at: DashDAQ - Technical Specifications

The obd2 codes/sensors that the DashDaq can read is located here: http://www.dashdaq.com/specs/datalists/obd2.htm

Below is a picture of a 2ft Hydrolic Hose I had made with 1/8" NPT Connectors on either end. 1 1/8" NPT T-Connector (from home-depot), a stock oil pressure sender for a 91 accord & an aftermarket Autometer electric oil pressure sender. The senders are mounted next to the block. The hydrolic hose connects in place of the stock oil pressure sender location. THIS IS NOT ON MY GE8, its on my CB7.

Name:  P4090023.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  93.7 KB

Last edited by cloudasc; 01-25-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Guages in a GE8